main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Inquisitor: Rise of the Red Blade - July 2023

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    News just in:

Slater, DLCV, TCF-1138 and 10 others like this.
  2. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    via SW.com: NYCC 2022: Rise of the Red Blade Inquisitor Novel Revealed, and More Highlights from the Lucasfilm Publishing Panel

3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I am surprised they went with a new one instead of Reva or Trilla. Well, the more the merrier.

4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Apparently, not entirely new, was on panel in Soule's Vader run.

iPodwithnomusic, Vialco and Senpezeco like this.
  5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Brain fart on my part, I didn't bother to look at the whole illustration and see she had a familiar face.

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Darth Twitter is a most obediant spy.

I wouldn't have picked up on this detail by myself.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  7. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if we see her relationship with black tweelek. And she died 1 or 2 years after order 66 right?

8. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Oh wow, I remember the issues she appeared in now that this has been said, but I didn't recognize her at first either.

Wookieepedia places her death 5 years later, in 14 BBY. I'm just gonna quote them because I wouldn't have figured this out myself! For clarity, Iskat appeared in issues #19 and #20 of Darth Vader (2017):

9. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    So around Fallen Order.

10. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Well, finally those two will stop be just "Unidentified red-skinned Inquisitor" and "Unidentified Twi'lek Inquisitor".

11. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016
    This is really exciting! I’ve been thinking about Inquisitors a lot lately. I wonder if this novel will also adapt her comic death, and maybe give more detail to it.

12. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder trough this book we can learn more about the known Inquisitors from Rebels. Grand Inquisitor, Fifth brother and Seventh sister.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    If Phasma is any indication, given how that covered the First Order, the answer might be yes.

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oooooh.

EDIT:

I look forward to this. It touches upon one of the two Inquisitors we saw but know little about.

@CosmoHender, @TheSilentInfluence - Trilla appearance mayhaps? Reva?

15. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    trilla , reva stuff bout Vader and sheev's involvement and maybe even forth sister

MercenaryAce and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Perhaps even continuity with Tales of the Jedi and T0-B1.

17. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Sixth brother and eight brother cameos. One who was briefly in Rebels season 2 finale. Maybe even ninth sister.

18. Golbolco

Jan 20, 2016
    I’m hoping we learn the exact details of how the Inquisitors were formed. We know that the GI was active a couple weeks after Order 66, but had he been collecting recruits beforehand?

19. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    This is cool, I almost bought a Reva Black Series figure last night... But in-store vs online means the price was not right.

Anyway, I wasn't expecting the Imperial Inquisition and Star Wars Publishing responded with NO ONE EXPECTS THE IMPERIAL INQUISITION!!!

20. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    The fact that they’re doing a book around what is basically a small random character from the comics is really impressive to me. Looking at the Inquistiors is intriguing, but this also has a lot of ramifications (in a good way) for publishing going forward.

wreath, Slater, Ithorians and 7 others like this.
  21. scienfictionfan

scienfictionfan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 1, 2020
    It sounds interesting. I hope this means they also do more with surviving loyal Republic officers, Jedi, and other dissidents against the New Order post rise of the Empire pre beginning of the Rebel Alliance. It certainly looks like that era has become a focus of stories first with Tarkin, and Catalyst as one of the first big books in the new EU, then the Darth Vader Comics, Star Wars Fallen Order, and now this book. The entire era is probably the least focused on in both pre-Disney and post Disney EU so it makes sense it's a focus since it remains a fertile era to write stories in with little existing continuity other than the Empire grows in power during this era and the Jedi will be hunted and be considered all but extinct at the end of it.

I also hope we learn more about the various inquisitors like their names particularly the Grand Inquisitor and reason for falling besides the obvious captured by the Empire and tortured until they died or turned.

My one concern is that we are having a villain protagonist which means we will be seeing more Jedi, rebels, and just innocent people die. It's been somewhat depressing how every recent novel or story in general is about them failing during this era. While yes, it's the post Jedi purge era it's going to be dark and any Jedi is likely to die I want them to succeed in accomplishing something maybe they deny the Empire a resource, kill an inquisitor, or something else before they die.

22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 6

Feb 2, 2015
    No one expects the Inquisitorious!

Their chief weapon is surprise. Fear and surprise.
    Their two weapons are fear and surprise. And Ruthless efficiency.
    Their three weapons are fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor. Their four... you know what, they'll fly back again.

[​IMG]

Amongst their weapons are fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical dedication to the emperor, and nice red lightsabers.

23. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Might I be so bold to suggest Michael Palin and Terry Gilliam read the audiobook?

Dawud786 likes this.
  24. Golbolco

Jan 20, 2016
    You make a great point, and it makes me wonder why publishing chose this character to focus on.

Most novels in the Disney era have focused either on characters introduced or forthcoming in movies/TV/games, or invent new characters for use. Iskat previously appeared in two comics, and she wasn’t even a major focus of the comic.

It makes me wonder: will she be appearing in some upcoming series, or was this concept originally meant for another inquisitor (Trilla or Reva, for example) and then changed?

25. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Presuming that it’s related to other media, the safest assumption might be a Bad Batch or Jedi Survivor appearance. (Unless she’s dead by the time of the latter)

Though it might also just reflect a shift in mentality where they’re more open to doing projects that aren’t necessarily feeding into anything else. It’s very intriguing though.