main
side
curve

Beyond - Legends Interregnum (Post-The Last Command Action/Drama | Luke/Mara, Wedge | Epic) [Complete]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Bel505, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Bel505

Bel505 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jul 4, 2006
    A hefty chunk of a Book 2 has been written! But it won't be released anytime soon, I'm afraid.

Thank you so much for reading and for your comment! It means a whole lot. :D

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  2. Bel505

Jul 4, 2006
    I'm updating this one more time because of the new Cover Art!

[​IMG]

This wonderful art was created by iisabelinski! You can find her other Star Wars art on Tumblr, at https://iisabelinski.tumblr.com.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    Gabri_Jade likes this.
  3. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fan Fiction Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    I love it so much! Our girl wearing the Alliance Starbird [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] And another vote in favor of checking out iisabelinski's art, she's amazing [face_love]

SnubJockey and Bel505 like this.
  4. Bel505

Jul 4, 2006
    We have begun posting the sequel to Interregnum! Chapter One of Interregnum II: The New Order is now available on AO3, fanfiction.net, and here on theforce.net!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  5. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Having spammed your alerts with countless 'likes' (which is entirely your fault, your story has many chapters and I was binge-reading :p) I'm finally here to leave a review.

The short version of what I have to say is that I am Just. In. Awe.

You mention in your opening post that you intended this story to be a Zahn-style continuation of his TTT, and that's exactly how it reads (with a sprinkling of X-Wing spirit for good measure). I was so engrossed in the story that I was often puzzled, when taking a break from reading, that this wasn't a printed book where I could insert a bookmark.

One aspect that, I believe, makes this story work so well is that, while it's an AU, it doesn't stray miles away from the Legends post-TLC narrative. It's an entirely credible continuation of that novel, and you insert various Legends characters so artfully in the story that every twist and turn of the plot makes perfect sense. This applies to the various Imperials or near-Imperials (Pellaeon, Vorru, Tavira) but also to Kam and Kyp. The moment Kessel was mentioned I expected Kyp to turn up, but I was completely mystified by the Tevas-kaar until the reveal, and I literally pumped my fist when I realised what you were doing.

I can't really go into details of what I liked about this story without writing a novel myself, but here a few titbits that stood out. Mara and Iella working together: yes, a million times yes. I didn't know I needed this in my life, but now I do. Also, Mara and Madine. The sleuthing around the Imperial Palace, and Mara not having revealed all her secrets yet to NRI. Everything about Fliry Vorru and the Drall slicer. The sense of the Empire falling apart, with all the Imperials and former Imperials stabbing each other in the back and manipulating each other. The domestic scenes at the Solo residence and Han in the kitchen (!!!) I could go on and on, but you get the point.

I see that you already posted a complete sequel, which I obviously intend to read. Am I correct in guessing that there will be a third novel to round off the lot? I'm asking this to give myself a timeframe to read Interregnum II, because I want to be around and read Interregnum III as you publish it.

Bel505 and Gabri_Jade like this.
  6. Bel505

Jul 4, 2006
    [:D]

Thank you so much! And don’t feel bad about the spamming of the likes — I like that actually, because it tells me that someone is reading it!

Yes, Interregnum 2 is done (although I haven’t posted to TFN the collection of missing moments for that story yet). And Interregnum 3 is in progress (it’ll be about as long as the other two, and it’s approximately 2/3rds written itself); I currently expect to begin posting Interregnum 3 sometime in March, but depending on whether I keep struggling to find time to write, I may just post a prologue and then delay another month to really get going.

And… well, when I started Interregnum 1, I had clear ideas for big picture plots for 4 novels, and writing Interregnum 2 and plotting 3 has given my coauthor and I an idea for an Interregnum 5. But all that is aspirational; one novel at a time.

Thank you so much for reading, your likes and your comments! [face_love]

Gabri_Jade and Chyntuck like this.