main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Saga - PT Saga - OT Saga - ST Into the Drabble-Verse | UDC IX

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Raissa Baiard, May 5, 2020.

1. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Title; Into the Drabble-Verse
    Author: Raissa Baiard
    Timeframe: Various
    Genre: various
    Characters: Whoever shows up.
    Synopsis: Drabbles featuring characters across my multi-verse of stories.

Week I - by Mira_Jade
    Featuring Wren Ordo (OC)

1. Adamant
    “She gets this from you, you know,” Sabine Wren Ordo told her husband. She hadn’t been prepared for her six-year-old daughter, Wren, to inform her that she would not be going to art camp with her older sister this year. Further attempts to persuade her only caused Wren to declare that, in fact, she hated art and would rather eat a live gorg than go to camp before stomping from the conversation circle like a small, angry rancor.

Maximus chuckled. “Oh, she may get the lack of creativity from me, but the drama? That’s all you, ad’ika, that’s all you!”

2. Abide
    Like every good Mandalorian, I abide by Resol’nare, the six tenets of our life and honor. I think the most important one is defending your clan, and every good Mando knows that family is more than blood. The word for “comrade”—vod—is the same as the on for “sibling”. I have real vode now— Ronen, Noemi, Kaz, and Humoo— and they’re as much a part of my family as anyone in Clan Ordo. My honor demands that I protect them with my life--even if one of them is an annoying little furball who can’t keep his fuzzy mitts off my WESTARS.

3. Afield
    As children, Bellona happily spent hours at her easel, while Wren preferred to find her fun farther afield. She scrambled over the ornamental stone cairns and through the stands of frond grass on the Clan Ordo stronghold grounds. She rambled down by the stream and past the grove of veshoks.

And then she found the galek tree

Wren scraped her knees and broke her nails climbing the forest giant, but once she reached the shelter of its branches, she felt like she was home. She scavenged scraps and built a treehouse, carving her flying bird sigil on its wall-- her refuge from the world.

4. Aghast
    Wren stared at the comm in consternation after Kaz said good-bye.

The good news: he’d invited her to the Flight Academy’s Life Day gala.

The bad news: it was a formal, and she’d have to wear a dress.

A dress

Mandos didn’t wear dresses. Maybe a nice kama with one’s beskar’gam for special occasions, but a dress…? No. How did anyone even move in one? If it was long, your legs would get tangled up in all that fabric. And if it was short, wouldn’t your legs get cold?

Legs…people would be looking at her legs. Maybe even Kaz. Maybe especially Kaz...

Oh, Mand’alor…

5. Aforetime
    I don’t know why people think history is boring; it isn’t if you’re a Mando. What kind of clan doesn’t have some heroic tales to their name? Even Clan Saxon has to have done something noble at some point, right? I’m proud to say Clan Ordo has a long and honorable history, from Grandma Demetria who defeated twelve challengers to hold the regency for my dad, all the way back to my great-great-lots of-greats-grandfather, Canderous Ordo— Mand’alor the Preserver, who reunited the clans as honorable warriors instead of two-credit mercs.

Someday, my name will be written with theirs; my ancestors’ honor lives in me.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing]
    1. Adamant [face_laugh] loved this parental banter. LOL Max is probably the only one who can tell Sabine she's a drama queen and survive! [face_mischief]
    2. Abide -- wonderful bit of introspection.
    3. Afield -- I can so see her doing this romping through the forest and building a tree house.

4. Aghast -- [face_laugh] -- oh you can sense the mortification!
    5. Aforetime -- the pride in the heritage and culture shines here.

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  3. amidalachick

amidalachick Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Great first set! Love the humor in Adamant and Aghast, and the family pride in Aforetime.

My favorite was Afield though - loved the nature setting and seeing Wren find refuge in the tree. [face_love]

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Although I have not followed the story of these characters all along the way when I do drop in I always have a good time. It is lovely to meet Wren Ordo and to know that she has such a good group of friends. Abide was my favorite because it reminded me of my OC and the group of friends I created for him. Excellent work.

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The Fanfic Manager With The Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    First of all, the title for your collection is AWESOME!!! I got such a kick out of that. [face_laugh]

Then, these were fantastic to start! I particularly enjoyed . . .

Ha! I loved Sabine dealing with all of the joys of parenting as her daughters develop their personalities. WREN! Oh she's such a hoot!

Then, Maximus' teasing at the end was priceless. He's not all wrong. [face_mischief]

[face_laugh]! I love how the tone shifted here, going from a beautiful exploration of Mando loyalty and honor to DON'T TOUCH MY WESTARS OR I WILL END YOU! [face_rofl]

Another great tonal shift! I can't blame Wren for her panicking here. HOW WILL SHE FIGHT IN A DRESS?? But she will look lovely, and if Kaz just so happens to think so too . . . [face_mischief] [face_love]

I fully believe that of Wren. She will - and is! - doing her name and history proud. [face_love]

Lovely job with these! I can't wait to see what you come up with next. =D=

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  6. Kahara

Kahara Force Ghost star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    [face_laugh] What a perfect image, I can just see her. And yeah, she gets some of that from you, Sabine! :sabine: You know it's true...

Really liked the one with the tree sanctuary, just wonderful and peaceful. @};- Everyone needs somewhere to just be, and Wren seems like she especially needs that with her struggles to find her own way.

Oh dear, legs. :p Yeah, that wouldn't really be a thing most of the time with Mandalorians. Wren's worries about going out of her comfort zone in a dress of all things are really endearing. But it'll be worth it!

7. Findswoman

Findswoman Force Ghost star 5

Feb 27, 2014
    HOORAY! A WREN SET! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] I love that you chose to lead with this relatively new and wholly delightful addition to your ocedarium. She’s such a vibrant character full of zest for life, strong convictions, unquenchable energy, loyalty to friends and aliit, and true pride in her Mando heritage—a true scion of Sabine, Max, and Mand’alor the Preserver. And all those things come through with flying colors in these five drabbles! So much to love: the shout-out to Ro & Co. (and even to that pesky little Squib who keeps trying to haggle for her blasters), the SUPREME MORTIFICATION of the concept of DRESS and VISIBLE LEGS (though again, as I said in the beta, I don’t think that is an entirely unpositive final “Oh Mand’alor...” ;) ), and her dad’s very astute observation as to the source of some her drama-llama tendencies! (Because Sabine had her moments, too—we all know it! :p ) It’s neat that you’ve given us a look at her interest in clan history, too—I could see that being a serious long-term interest of hers, a way that she too can increase the glories of Clan Ordo (and Wren, too!) while also not always having to be in the shadow of her artistic big sister. (Something I know is a concern of hers from your other stories!) Great start to your series, always a delight to see this wonderful character in action, and I look forward to seeing where your Drabble-Verse will take us! =D= <3

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  8. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    I want to thank everyone for their kind responses to my first set of drabbles. I promise to do real responses very soon, but Darth Real Life is kicking me pretty hard at the moment and I wanted to get these posted so that they didn’t count towards the set I pledged for WIP month. Thanks for understanding and MTFBWY

Week 2, featuring OC Doran Blayne

6. Raid

Doran sipped his Corellian whiskey and watched Prefect Renau’s men raid the Cafe Alderaan.

It was a game, of course. Renau was too lazy to do real work, but raiding the local cantinas looked good on the Garrison’s quarterly reports. Once a month, coincidentally just after the new liquor shipments arrived, the Imps would show up, poke a round a little and pilfer a bit of his stock.

And Doran would pretend not to notice, because if they were raiding the liquor cabinet, it meant they weren’t rummaging through his wardrobe, where the empty shell of a lightsaber was hidden behind a row of brown-gray tunics.

7. Pirate
    “Another Jedi action holo? These were all blacklisted by the Imperial Bureau of Culture! How do you keep getting them?”

“Oh, I know a being…”

Why doesn’t it surprise me that you hang out with the kind of beings who pirate holos, Doran Blayne?”

“He prefers the term ‘non-traditional distribution chain’, but in this case, I’d have to say that ‘pirate’ is a pretty accurate description. Bootlegging holos is one of Hondo’s least illegal business ventures.”

“Sounds charming.”

“Ha! He is, actually. I’ll have to introduce you to him one of these days—in an unofficial capacity, of course, dear Prefect.”

8. Smuggle
    “Been back to Corellia lately?” Doran slid the shot of Whyren’s across the bar.

A scruffy-looking young man caught it. “How’d you….?”

“After a while in this business, you can tell.” The whiskey, the accent, the attitude… It was plain as looking in a mirror.

The young man snorted and shrugged. “Nah, haven’t been there in years.”

“Because you’re wanted for smuggling.” Mostly spice, maybe blasters, too—this kid didn’t have the edge of a hardened criminal yet.

He scowled as the Wookiee next to him wurfed in laughter. “Yeah, well, what’re you wanted for?”

“Being alive when the Empire wants me dead.” Doran raised his own whiskey with a grin. “Here’s to trouble-making Corellians everywhere.”

9. Maraud
    The kitchen had been pillaged in Raissa’s absence. There was nothing left of the batch of freshly baked Wookiee cookies but a few sad crumbs.

It did not tax either Raissa’s investigative skills as Prefect nor her Force powers as a Jedi to discover who had plundered the sweet treasure. She didn’t even need to follow the trail of crumbs to know that it would lead to a sheepish, overstuffed pygmy roba and his partner in crime, her equally overstuffed but wholly unrepentant husband.

He grinned at her. “Just remember what Master Urr said—the Galaxy will continue in peace if certain things are a bit overlooked.”

10. Steal
    The stolen holocron was the size of a thermal detonator, and with similar destructive power.

If the Imperials caught Doran with it, it wouldn’t matter that he was only keeping it safe for the Sullustan thief, Pter Lorr. All the years he’d spent keeping the Cafe just this side of legal, never giving the Imps reason to look twice at him, would have been for nothing. Once they started digging, they’d discover Doran Blayne didn’t really exist

Then they’d find out why the worthless hunk of plasti made his fingers itch to touch it.

Why he was risking his neck for it was beyond him.

———-
    The story of Pter Lorr and the stolen holocron can be found in this chapter of “Everyone Comes to Doran’s Place”

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Pirate, a "non-traditional distribution chain" [face_laugh] A very creative definition of pirate [face_mischief]

Smuggle, [face_dancing] Wonderful

“After a while in this business, you can tell.” The whiskey, the accent, the attitude… It was plain as looking in a mirror.

I'll bet! [face_love]

Here's to troublemaking Corellians, indeed! :*

Maraud [face_tee_hee] Frugly and Doran are partners in pilfering cookies.

Kahara and Raissa Baiard like this.
  10. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 21, 2016
    Doran buys pirated DVDs from Hondo Ohnaka!

And has crossed paths with Han & Chewie!