main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is anyone attempting to model the new Ep3 badguy?

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by Rebel Scumb, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Now that some images (both offical and unoffical) are appearing on the net, I was curious if anyone is working on a modle of General Grievous?

I guess the recent insider cover would be the best reference piece.

2. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Although the name is not "officially" a spoiler since it has appeared in the insider and on the OS, I would still probably edit the title to say "Is anyone attempting to model the new Ep3 bad guy (Spoilers!)?"

Anyways, I've been wondering this as well. I'd like to see someone take a shot, but my modelling skills are not good enough to do him justice.

3. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Well, for those of us that haven't read any of that stuff, and know absolutely nothing about Ep3, by choice, it DOES end up being a spoiler to say "General Greivous is the new bad guy in Episode III", which this thread does.

4. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Yes its not so much the name in the title, but the fact that people will click on it out of curiosity only to find out he is the new villain in Ep3. And don't blame it on me, because it would've been mentioned sooner or later in this thread as well as more possible spoilers.

5. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    sorry, the mainpage has been using his name willy nilly so I didn't think it was an issue. I figured once the clone wars episode with him went public he ceased to be an Ep3 spoiler character.

6. Darth_Steven

Darth_Steven Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    Hey Rebel Scumb!
    I picked up the Insider yesterday and started to model the General last night for about an hour or so....If anyone is interested I'll keep going on him.... Beware I've set it up so you don't see him right away on my first html page. Just in case nobody wants to accidentally release a spoiler....

Take a peek let me know what you think...It's very early and rough in the stages of modeling...

Picture of Episode III bad guy. BEWARE SPOILER!

Later
    Steve

7. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    Nice work Darth Steve, even if it is just an early WIP.

You really captured the skull like nature of the mask/face.

8. Only-One-Tea-Cozy

Only-One-Tea-Cozy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Hmm modelling this guy is gonna be like moddeling the inside of 3cpo, its gonna take some talent, what youve done looks good so far, but it looks to be a long road ahead of you.

on a side note, can someone point me to some offical stills of the general?

9. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    [image=http://www.grilled-sarlacc.com/ep3/c/grievous/6.jpg]

[image=http://www.grilled-sarlacc.com/ep3/c/grievous/3.jpg]

[image=http://www.grilled-sarlacc.com/ep3/c/grievous/10.jpg]

[image=http://www.grilled-sarlacc.com/ep3/c/grievous/5.jpg]

[image=http://www.grilled-sarlacc.com/ep3/c/grievous/9.jpg]

10. Darth_Steven

Jul 14, 2002
    So as I'm modeling this I can't help but look at it and it keeps reminding me of something. The basic shape of this bad guys head armour is quite recognizable and could arguably be seen on Boba Fett's shoulder pad....what do you think everyone? Could our bad guy here be Mandalorian?? That would be awesome! Of course I could be way way off!

Later
    Steve

ps: I'll be posting some additions to him shortly.

11. Darth_Steven

Jul 14, 2002
    I've worked on him a bit more and made some additional renders to the webpage....added a wireframe render too.

here is the link once again....

EP III bad guy....BEWARE SPOILERS!!!

12. Only-One-Tea-Cozy

Apr 8, 2004
    mmm high poly to the max.

what format are you working in?

If i have time i might work on some legs for him.. that is unless you want to do it all yourself which is completely understandable.

13. Darksteps

Darksteps Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2001
    I don't like him... I think the design looks too much like a Marvel Star Wars comic book villain... cheesy... I hope it's not a solid design yet...

your version looks good so far, I just hope they revise the design...

Darksteps...

14. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Looks nice. I'm making a model of him as a character for the game Jedi Academy, although my main problem is that I can't do much. It's really hard to do since he has all of those parts but I'm limited to only 3,000 poly's. At least someone is attempting to do a real version.

15. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    The 3SA forum is going to go ape over this when its done. Can you imagine the fan trailers people are going to want to make now :p

Keep up the good work

I don't like him... I think the design looks too much like a Marvel Star Wars comic book villain... cheesy... I hope it's not a solid design yet...

I tend to agree, I'm not really sure we need a new throwaway badguy at this point, I hope Dooku isn't shafted too much as a result though I fear that will be the case. But either way this character is going to have a lot of buzz and thats why I was wondering if anyone had started working on him.

It looks like the model is going to turn out quite cool

16. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    I love the design, he looks awesome.

17. InvidShocktrooper

InvidShocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2003
    He was featured in the Cartoon Networks Clone Wars in Episode 20. He was portrayed as being a very agile and seriously formidable advisary. If he's like that in SW Episode III then we're in for a visual treat.

18. Darth_Steven

Jul 14, 2002
    Hey Only One Tea Cozy, I'm using Max 5.1 to model him. Yeah the polycount will be up there when he's done, but I think it'll be worth it. The only thing I'm having a hard time with is the robotic darker steel area within the mask and the neck....Not too much to reference on all the pictures I've found. I've kinda been working off the cover of the Star Wars insider and a couple of frame grabs of the Clone Wars cartoon, and alot of imagination.

If you want to model up the legs knock yourself out that would be great.

Darksteps, I have to say I agree with foxbatkllr I like the design of him. Although, it was very odd to picture something like this coming from the minds of the Star Wars universe. But, it's grown on me....It's something very different and as I suspect I think he is tied into the Mandalorians somehow...Could be a very neat character with alot of back story.

Rebel Scum what and where exactly is the 3SA forum??

19. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    The 3SA forum is the ep3 spoilers allowed forum its listed in the pull down menu with the others. If you don't want to venture in there for fear of reading something you'd rather not know I can always start a thread and post a link to your model when its all done on your behalf.

You could also email Josh and have him put it on tf.n main

I like how they made him white instead of black. Sort of goes against the expectations, and the way he sort of looks like a ghost or skeleton, something surprisingly we haven't seen yet in a SW badguy

20. Darth_Steven

Jul 14, 2002
    Sure go ahead and post a link in there if you want to....That will be cool. This is kinda the first time I've built a model to display in here.

Later
    Steve

21. William_G_Matthew

William_G_Matthew Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2004
    His eyes look Organic. Kind of sparks a curiosity of whether or not Vader got his mechanical crud from the same place as this guy.

\__will__/

22. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Yeah he has an alien brain and eyes...and it's nobody important...nobody we've heard of and something that will be left to the EU.

23. Only-One-Tea-Cozy

Apr 8, 2004
    Ive had a little go at his feet, its kinda har with only these low res pics to work off.

the question is wether to make them more detailed, but the detail being my own, or to leave the details till we get some more pics?

What do you reckon?

[image=http://members.optusnet.com.au/drturbo/firstfeet.jpg]

24. Darth_Steven

Jul 14, 2002
    looking good...I'm mainly making it up as I go with stuff I can't see...I recommend you do the same...Might be cool to see what we end up with...

Later
    Steve

ps...I'll be posting more pics in a minute or so

25. Only-One-Tea-Cozy

Apr 8, 2004
    OK then, ill jsut make it look good rather than accurate, if it ends up looknig completely different, tehn we can call it a battle droid lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.