main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. The Boards Are Now Reopened For Business:

READ THIS: your ability to post here depends upon it.. See the new rules thread here. Bans can and will be handed out to anyone who doesn't abide by the forum rules.

Rogue One Is R1 Your New Favorite?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Doom Trooper, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Feige's #1 Fan and Ryan Church Aficionado star 6

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes, it’s main flaw is that it’s a home
    wrecker. It’s so good that it forced me to break up with ANH and ESB, my previous favorites.

2. Starith

Starith Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2020
    Eh, not for me. But sounds like a good problem to have.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  3. Jedi_Prophet77

Jedi_Prophet77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 14, 2017
    A lifetime of ESB being my favorite, and yes, actually, I think Rogue One now rates as a very respectable tie.

4. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2015
    I've said earlier, I cant do it, I just cant bump ANH and ESB in favor of this third SW (movie) masterpiece.

So, from now on Ill vote everything in a way that makes the three of them just 2 films...……..Rogue One: A New Hope (long movie but fabulous) and The Empire Strikes Back.

I'm happy with that.

And I actually really like that title - Star Wars Rogue One: A New Hope

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  5. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    As much as I love Rogue One, it just keeps falling short in surpassing ESB. It feels like it's been part of the saga from the very beginning, and flows so eloquently into A New Hope, but it just cannot top Empire. In my personal ranking, it's in a virtual three way tie for 2nd with A New Hope and The Last Jedi. At any given time, it depends on my mood as to which of them is actually second behind Empire.

Chancellor Yoda and CampOfSorgan like this.
  6. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    I wouldn't say that R1 is my absolute favorite...but its climactic big battle is certainly up there as a favorite, about on par with Endor. :)

Sarge and Chancellor Yoda like this.