main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is the 1995 Super Bowl halftime show the Indiana Jones equivalent of the Star Wars Holiday Special?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Darth Nerdling, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    I thought any of you Indy fans here might be interested in this strange Indiana Jones Super Bowl halftime show, which is sort of the Indiana Jones equivalent of the Star Wars holiday special. It stars Patti Labelle, Tony Bennett, Indiana Jones, and Marian Ravenwood!

And no, George had no involvement in this! It was staged by Disney as a way to promote their new Indiana Jones theme park attraction. I think Disney must be happy that their involvement in this weird idea wasn't revisited until now!

The show is so absurd that I kind of like it in a "this is so ridiculous that it's great" kind of way.

Here's a long article about how it came to be: http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/th...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

BTW I wonder if this is considered canon. ????? :p

2. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Honestly I never even heard of it.

3. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think Tony Bennett needs to have a HS cameo. :p

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Huh, have vague memories of this, aired when I was 14 so I was probably pumped to see Indy stuff.

5. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    I have no memory of it (and I was in my 20s). But it is so ridiculous and awful that it's fascinating:p

6. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i didn't watch it , but Tony's white suit looks more from 1985 than 1995. although considering the mish mash of weird halftime shows i'm not sure i can consider one worse than the other

7. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I remember watching this when it aired.

8. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    I remember that, 49ers took the Chargers for everything they had. On the halftime show, it was a ploy for Disney to get attendance to the Indiana Jones attraction which I am sure worked cause a lot of my friends wanted to go to it, but I can only think of two of them actually going to it.