main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is the Emperor really dead?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    ...And a carbonite stake through the heart.

Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  2. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012

How to debunk a stupid rumor? Look at the cast.
    The original actors are playing Chewbacca, C3P0 and R2D2 (easily all recastable) yet one of the most iconic villains in
    movie history was?

UH HUH!

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I didn't say I believed the rumor.

4. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Nope. It will be Ridley and company. Maybe Hamill or Fisher with a supporting role in the first one.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Rumors are seldom true.

6. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I think a very easy way to do it is to have a new person play Sidious, the explanation could be that his essence was transferred to a new vessel.

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012

8. IG_2000

IG_2000 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    OR

Palpatine himself was actually a human host for a long dead Sith spirit who will now take control of Luke Skywalker.

klooney and Dra--- like this.
  9. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    Assuming DR wants to blow 15 years on nothing but Star Wars. I'd say she's got a trilogy in her and that's about it. X, XI, and XII, if they get made, will feature an entirely new cast with possible cameos.

10. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Where are you getting 15 years?

11. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Lol I don't think he knows what he's talking about.

12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I disliked the Legacy comics because they predestined everything to turn out a certain way. I can't see LFL/Disney wanting the movies to be predestined like that.

Pfluegermeister, Dra--- and I know like this.
  13. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Plus, they were just the six movies all over again :(

I know and darklordoftech like this.
  14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Orrrrr he has tequila for breakfast every morning.

mratm23 likes this.
  15. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    People here, I think, tend to believe that arcs are over forever when completed. But as we see on longer formats like TV, that's not true at all. Think of how many arcs a real person's life goes though. People grow, change, backslide, grow again in a new way, until death. Star Wars is already episodic, but with the ST, we now have three more films to make the arcs longer and more complex for the returning characters. You and I talked new possibilities for Palpatine a long time ago, so we know there are some interesting ones. Too bad so many aren't open to them by default.

16. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014

Ummm, it takes about 3 years to make one of these things. There's a lot that goes into making a film, even for the actors. DR signed on for 3, not 6. Seems pretty self explanatory to me.

17. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Getting OT here, back to good old Palpy please

18. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Return of the Phantom Menace?

19. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    YES! HE IS DEAD! GONE! KAPUT! THIS. IS AN EX-EMPEROR!! HE IS NO MORE! END OF DISCUSSION!!!!

Or, I guess, He could still be alive...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dra--- likes this.
  20. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

None of the actors work on the movie the whole time, they do other projects too - plus you are making the assumption that the next trilogy will go straight into production - where is that suggested?

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    They can look into the future!!!

22. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014
    DR signed for 3 movies, that's it. There is no indication that there are any plans at all to push her character beyond that. And this all comes from a comment by myself that DR might not WANT to do six SW films. One way or another it would be at least fifteen years of her life that she would be tied to Star Wars. As it stands right now she'll be in SW for the better part of a decade.

No i didn't. Where did i make that assumption? (Though, with Disney come to think of it, it's a lot more of a possibility than it would be with LFL alone).

23. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Shooting on Episode VII is supposed to 6 months - if the other two are the same that is a year and a half - add in 6 months (a guess) to cover post production work like reshoots and sound recording and the promotional junkets. That is two years - two and a half tops. Plus in between the three movies they'll have time for other projects.

That isn't a big deal. And just because Ridley has only signed on for three now doesn't mean that she can't sign for more in the future. The reason she is only signed on for three is because Disney are making these first - why sign up an actor for a movie that won't even be considered for at least another five years.

Disney will have a cast and characters already established - why start over when people will want to see more.

Unless it bombs, but in that case Disney will have a lot of problems on their hands and that would put the entire franchise in jeopardy.

Your statement of "fifteen years of her life" implied a continuous 15 years on the franchise.

On what do you base the belief that Disney would be inclined to such a thing?

24. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014
    Fifteen years of her life must be all in one lump? And if it's spaced out we could be talking twenty years of her life.

Because it's disney. Same people making the Marvel movies, where phase 1 and 2 aren't separated by any time at all.[/quote]

25. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

The way you phrased it seemed to mean "one lump" - it would not be 10, 15 or 20 years of her life. You are exaggerating.

Because it's disney. Same people making the Marvel movies, where phase 1 and 2 aren't separated by any time at all.[/quote]

So what, the Marvel movies are great and the Phases aren't meant to be separated by any particular time - is that the only basis for your statement?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.