main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Amph Is your favorite movie at age 13 still your favorite movie?

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediVision, May 1, 2020.

?

Is your favorit emovie at age 13 still your favorite movie?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    55.3%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    44.7%
  1. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    TESB is still up there at the top.

Master_Lok likes this.
  2. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    i dont know

3. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    Uh...mine was the Phantom of the Opera. No way shape or form it is now.

I've tried to pinpoint what my favorite movie is for actually a couple years now. Like I've actually made a list one time to try to go through all the films I've seen and watched to try to think of what it could be. As an adult, the LOTR trilogy have become more important to me as a scale of film making wise, but so many films I think are awesome, but haven't watched nor even care to watch. Big one like that is The Dark Knight. Too many films I like but have nothing else impact wise on me.

I normally say as a kid into my adulthood there has been 5 things that has influenced me as a creative writer which still hold true. 3 of those are films: Star Wars, The Prince of Egypt, and the Wizard of Oz. So that's the closest I can get as my favorite film, because I could watch any of those three and not have any boredom.

4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Yes & no; at 13, my favorite film was Godzilla, King of the Monsters!, whereas now it's Gojira.

:p

5. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Sure is...

[​IMG]

6. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    I don't remember anything from when I was 13.

7. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i'm not sure i had a list when i was 13. i know the OT were my favorite films, and they are still up there.

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I've never had a single "favorite movie."

9. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    My favourite movies in 1995 were anything Star Trek, anything George Lucas/Steven Spielberg and Apollo 13. Those are still some my favourite movies.

Sarge likes this.
  10. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    My favorite movie at 13 was a Revenge if the Sith. It is still one of my favorite movies because the lightsaber battles are amazing and it is the movie that made me obsessed with all things Star Wars. That was thirteen years ago.

11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i have never liked a movie.

12. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I would like to offer you a job as a film critic.

My favorite film now is not the same as when I was thirteen. When I was thirteen, I would have said Star Wars. It’s still up there, but I can say, with absolute certainty, that my favorite movie is Raiders of the Lost Ark. Now, beyond that, I can give you a list of like fifty runners-up. But Raiders of the Lost Ark is the ultimate movie and I will fight anyone who disagrees.

Master_Lok and soitscometothis like this.
  13. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    No, but only because I fell in love with Return of the Jedi* at 14. I don't think I had a favorite at 13.

*Special Edition, in case anyone wanted to calculate my age.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  14. dorsvenabili

dorsvenabili Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 2, 2019
    It was, still is and probably will forever be TESB (along with Blade Runner).

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  15. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    No. My favorite movie at 13 was The Dark Knight (released like two months before I turned 14), and while it's still my favorite superhero film, it's not my actual favorite movie.

16. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    It used to be Pulp Fiction.
    I wouldn't say it's still my favorite.

17. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I'm not sure.
    Can't remember if I'd committed myself to Star Wars at 13 years old- I think it came a few years later when I was finishing my GCSEs and was rereading the precious few Star Wars graphic novel volumes that my local library had over and over.

My current favourite movie is ESB, but at 13, it may have been 'Pirates of the Caribbean- At World's End' or 'Master and Commander'. I went through a severe pirates phase as a teen.

Sarge likes this.
  18. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    At thirteen it would have been Star Wars. Now I'm not sure what my favourite movie is, though Raiders would certainly be in the top five.

Master_Lok likes this.
  19. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Still Return of the Jedi yep. Though preferably the entire OT, if given only 1 as the option, ROTJ.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I was twelve when I saw ANH for the time in the theater (Special Edition.) It remains the best theater experience I’ve ever had and one of my favorite movies.

21. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    No.

I hate Terminator 2 now.

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    At 13? No. At 13 my favorite film was probably still ESB or ROTJ. I didn't really dive into being a film fan until I was 14 or 15 (I recall a conversation I had with a cousin's friend that went something like "What's your favoirte movie? Mine is Speed." and I replied "Star Wars", to which she went "Star Wars? Isn't that old?" and I was like "Speed? Didn't that only come out last week?").

Though I certainly had a large appreciation for Spielberg's work as a whole as far back as 9 years old, it was never about a single film- mostly Indy (with my favorite being TOD at the time), JP, Hook, jaws and his producer work in the 80's. I didn't really have an appreciation for the other obvious standout, E.T., until I was an adult.

By 14 or 15, though, my favorite films became T2:SE & The Abyss: SE and that has probably still held to this day, though Dark City gave them a run for their money for a period of time.

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes - Star Wars (ANH).

24. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    It's a rotating ensemble of favorite movies but yes I still love the Universal classic horror films as much as I did when I was 13

Not all heroes wear capes...

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  25. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well Goodfellas came out in 1990, and I could say that's definitely among my favorites, so yeah.