main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Isn't the Eu sort of Weird?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth_Ignant, Sep 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

ADMIRALSPUZZUM Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    Hmm. Very worthwhile discussion here. Without lots of flaming too!

Basically, my view is just the EU is just EU. It doesn't really detract from the Movies, and if you dont want it to, it doesn't have to add. It can be just about whatever you want it to be. Personally, I guess I would fall into the realm of a completist. Even if some books downright suck, it won't bother me that much. It's just a novel anyway.

What do I like about the EU? Like JediStrkyer, I like to think that there are 100x more visual options reading a book than watching a movie. You can choose how you want a scene to look within the outline that the author has created.

2. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Yeah, I like fan fiction too and I agree with Sturm, his stuff is good and you can read it here, and I am not kissing up to a mod. I read it before he became a mod.
    Another site where I like some of the fiction is the Xantatos Estrogen Brigade. I love the character and think he died off too quick in JA, so this site is fun for me. They do nice descriptions of the stories and rate them, so if I am not interested, I will not go there. Some of the stories are rated "R" and since I am over 17, I can go there and enjoy more adult fan fiction than I can get here. I am sure other fan fiction sites do a good job of weeding out bad stories and giving good descriptions so you don't have to read something that you do not like.

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    in books you can actually "Hear" the force thoughts as opposed to the movies.....like in ESB when Luke cries out for help to Leia......we don't actually *hear* her "hearing him".......but we know that she does because of her reaction.

In Heir to the Empire, We see it in writing.

I don't find the EU weird at all - it gave new characters, locations, etc to star wars.

It gave the peace treaty with the Empire.

It makes me enjoy reading a lot more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.