main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Israel/Palestine

Discussion in 'Community' started by Obi-Wan McCartney, Jan 4, 2009.

1. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    It's the ultimate catch-22. Civilian life needs to be spared and protected absolutely as much as possible. But, Hamas MUST be destroyed. There has to be a way to strategically go after Hamas.

Oh, and not that I am a huge Biden fan, but could you imagine the approach that Trump or any Republican would have taken if Biden has taken HIS stance?!?!?!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2023
  2. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

According to this, it's well over six thousand. All hospitals in the Gaza Strip may have to close. That's how dire it's gotten. Settler violence has increased in the West Bank.

3. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 10

Apr 17, 2006
    Every single Israeli politician seems to be like this. Every one the government of Israel is trotting out to speak to the press always says things like "all Palestinians are evil" or "Palestinians aren't human beings" etc.

4. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    People didn't expect that the lesson taken from the Holocaust was how to try to set the groundwork right.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  5. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    There isn't. But destroying the Gaza strip, soon to be tens of thousands of civilian casualties, and annexing a big chunk of whatever is left after the carpet bombing will be a serviceable proxy. Israelis who disagree have been bullied into silence by the retaliatory fever gripping the nation.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  6. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 15, 2011
    Hedge fund billionaire is going demon mode on Harvard students who released a statement supporting Palestine.

[​IMG]

7. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    A bunch of CEOs complaining about corporate shields is as rich a complaint as they are

EHT, S. Raw Rats, Lord Vivec and 5 others like this.
  8. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
  9. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    …. So a few things…

1. I’m leaning to the side that Israel *probably* didn’t bomb that hospital. It’s not just the reports that bring me to that conclusion, it’s some of the physical evidence and video evidence. However, it doesn’t really matter to me, as I said before, because it distracts from what Israel is still doing and the fact that we won’t know for months for a fact who really did it. There’s not a ton of evidence that supports the Hamas narrative and……. Seeing as they are a terrorist organization, I’m not giving them MORE credence than I give news organizations. So again… it’s a wait and see position from me.

2. I’m sort of confused as to why you guys think our politicians wouldn’t support Israel. Again, they are an ally, in a pivotal part of the world AND while their policy making is offensive and oppressive, Israel’s stance on opposing Hamas isn’t the wrong side. Like, in my view, it’s either we don’t aid anyone in the conflict at all (which because of liberal internationalism isn’t really an option and when I pushed for us to decrease our interventionist policies I was called an isolationist here) and only focus on humanitarian aid or we support the ally we have for the past 50+ years. What do you think politicians on the left or right are going to do?

3. Lastly, the Harvard student thing… look I still haven’t read the letter (if someone has it, please link), but from reports it seems like the students placed all blame for the conflict and the most recent terrorist attack by Hamas on Israel… that is, objectively, the wrong position. I recommend nuance more than anyone, but when you sign onto a letter that says stuff like that, you’re going to get smoke coming your way. This whole situation and conflict is very complex, but blaming a terrorist attack on the state that was the victim of the attack before the dead have even been buried is NEVER going to go well.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
    CLee likes this.
  10. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017

Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
  11. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Chosen One star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  12. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Are you sure you quoted the correct post? Because nothing you've written in your post has anything to do with what you've quoted from my post. At all.

13. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    Not a direct response to your post (though you did mention the media), but I was pretty sure you were responding to some of the posts about the reporting on the hospital bombing so I wanted to connect it to that train of thought/conversation.

However, I was sort of responding to your commenting on the media.

14. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Once again, another (former) Israeli official, sent out to western media, saying comments like "we don't care about the Palestinians, we have one objective, destroy Gaza." Their entire government is just filled with genocidal psychopaths.

It continues to be acceptable in the west for Israelis and their supporters to use the harshest language possible when talking about Palestinians without any pushback, much less consequences. But Palestinians and their supporters have to carefully moderate their language so as to not even accidently stumble upon an antisemitic trope, like Greta Thunberg having an octopus plushie specifically meant for autistic teens like her. No, then they have to apologize and keep tiptoeing around the pearl clutching of the Zionists, who twist whatever is said to mean whatever they want it to say. This is all meant to keep the discussion away from Israel's war crimes.

Dawud786, mnjedi, S. Raw Rats and 5 others like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    ****ing nuts. And he sure speaks a **** Italian for an ex-ambassador to Italy.

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  16. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
  17. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
  18. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
  19. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Over the past few days IDF has conducted multiple raids to prepare for a wider ground invasion. In northern Gaza, raids involving armored columns and bulldozers in battalion-sized formations have cleared approaches through the security perimeter. At Rafa beach, IDF marines have conducted at least one amphibious raid but did not hold their landing positions. All raids have been conducted at night and their outcomes are not entirely clear, but it seems IDF is increasing ground operations. I suspect the more sustained assaults which aim to occupy territory in Gaza will begin sometime in the next week.

20. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
  21. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    welcome to Israel's annexation of northern Gaza. The Palestinians who have been forced to flee to their remaining section of the strip will never be allowed to return.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
    Dark Ferus likes this.
  22. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The communication blackout is good because genocide doesn't happen if people can't see it happening.

23. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
    Seeing reports that the ground invasion might be starting.

24. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    The Foreign Minister of Jordan confirms reports of invasion, and alludes to many accusations/rumors that the timing of assault is to preempt vote in the United Nations General Assembly:

25. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Hey, we're jumping to conclusions. Have we properly considered that all the massive airstrikes are really Hamas rockets that are landing inside Gaza?