main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Have to search for my older Apple Pencil when I get home because I’ll be sharing the 2018 iPad with mom now. I tried the Surface pen today and couldn’t stand it. That bummed me out royally. It felt laggy, the apps were not good and I just couldn’t dive in and start drawing as I do with Procreate.

The iPad Pro I got on sale a month ago was super flakey with my iMac, so that went back.

Sheesh. What does a gal who enjoys drawing digitally have to do to get a tablet that works?

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Buy Wacom? :p

soitscometothis and Master_Lok like this.
  3. Darth 47.1

Darth 47.1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 1999
    As it turns out somehow a smoke detector was by the doorbell hidden under a takeout menu. Crazy how everyone missed it.

solojones likes this.
  4. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I can either finish my Christmas shopping on time to ship overseas or I can pay my medical bills on time.

5. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Did the 3 wise men worry about medical bills ? No. You get buying them presents !

6. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Speaking of medical bills, completely missed a second claim by the same physician and now have to send in a second appeal rather than doing both on one appeal.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Missed the ending of a high-speed chase this afternoon, due to having to reset my U-verse receiver during the middle of it. Damn.

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I have to hold down the office by myself today due to coworkers being ill and my boss having a preplanned engagement. It's not that hard being Mr. Manager for a day, but it is boring.

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    See around the 13 minute mark.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    DarthTunick and Juliet316 like this.
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    we just say manager

solojones, Master_Lok and Darth Guy like this.
  11. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    That has actually been on my mind. I might pick one up when I replace my computer. Though I prefer to draw on the tablet itself, so if I do Wacom, probably a cintiq.

12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    First game of the season in which both of my 2-favorite Laker courtside regulars aren’t in attendance.

13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Did this again last night, :rolleyes:

And why is it only Thursday?!?

14. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Was psyched to finally come across European Heavy Metal magazine Iron Fist here, and almost bought it until I saw the price: $20!

Even if that is a quarterly zine that’s a $7 more than I’d pay (especially when Black Sabbath were the only band I was interested in from this issue).

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Ack! Well sad Omelette means no bloodwork at doctors so I have to rearrange my work hours next Thursday and Friday to make up the time. Receptionist gave me the wrong info re: eating. :rolleyes:

16. Darth 47.1

Dec 3, 1999
    I ordered a new charge cord for my phone almost a week ago off Amazon and it didn't arrive until today. So much for two day shipping. :eek:

17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm currently waiting on an Amazon UK delivery. I pity the delivery person - it's pouring rain here right now.

18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Missed the train I needed to catch to clothes shop before my hair appointment. :rolleyes:

19. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I'm so emotionally drained by my latest girlfriend that I couldn't find the energy to walk the ten blocks from work to home. Had to take a cab.

20. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    My phone died, and I was without one for an entire day and a half. It was horrible! I never knew what time it was, couldn't call anyone to ask, and had to use an actual map to pick my way to the Apple store.

Never again.

21. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    What did you buy to replace your dead phone?

Someone else on this train has the nerve to use my funny duck quacking ring tone too. [face_phbbbbt]

22. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    In the summer of 2017 I lost thirty pounds and became very fit. As of today, I've regained all thirty of those pounds. All that work was for nothing. How depressing.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

23. Darth 47.1

Dec 3, 1999
    Losing weight is (relatively) easy. It's keeping it off that is hard to do.

Vialco and Juliet316 like this.
  24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_sigh]Slept on that Django/Texas Addios blu set, which is OOP already (I cancelled it because of possible issues with the Django blu), and the U.S. digital versions only have the awful English dubs. :_|

25. Darth 47.1

Dec 3, 1999
    So just ordered a Christmas present on Amazon (today, the 9th) it's two day shipping and expected to arrive on the 19th, 10 days from now. At least it will be before Christmas.