main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jabba the Hutt's Tribble-Free Holodeck and All-Day Buffet: FF Social Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by oqidaun, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks Jon! [:D]

I hate it when we reach 10,000... it makes me sad! :(
    :p

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I know and I think this is an adorable title.

3. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    It is an awesome title, but we have had it since November, so I guess it is time for a change.
    I hate how we don't have a thread for a few days... I feel all lost and insecure without it!

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I know. I wander around wanting to get made fun of by SOMEONE.

5. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    lol, thank you. I seriously was so braindead at that point that I wasn't listening to what my mouth was saying. And you're actually the first person to comment on my quote. *high five*

6. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    wait, after 10,000 posts we lose our thread until a new one is made? :eek: humph. that means when DRL stops hacking at me with its lightsaber, I've got to find it all over again instead of just going to my recent posts.

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, but anyone who needs a socialite fix can PM me if they want.

8. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    oh, okay. *is relieved*

hey, I start class (away from home) in three weeks.. any suggestions?

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Don't flunk? Or what kinds of suggestions are you looking for?"

10. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    lol, that works. Or any type of suggestions dealing with problems you had? I dunno. I guess I'm just nervous, hopefully for no reason.

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Get a good working relationship with professors. Ask questions a lot.

12. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    *adds to list*

So, what's been up with you Ish?

13. Duracell_Duck

Duracell_Duck Jedi Knight

May 30, 2008
    Yes... and don't correct the professor if he get's an Olympic reference wrong. They'd be doing on purpose.

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Not much. I'm no longer unemployed. I'm writing little, doing research for a non-fiction book I want to write, been hosting Scattergories in Idrelle's absence, etc. You?

15. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    If you don't have a cell plan with free long distance, get one now. :)

We didn't have those when I went away to school. Email wasn't even available in most homes. Yes, I'm dating myself. :) It was 1990. I could have used the extra communication and support from home during the first few weeks!

Also, if your living space has a communal lounge with a TV, go there to watch your favorite shows. Other people will show up if they aren't there already, because even now not everyone can afford to go to school with a private TV. You will automatically have a shared interest with these other people and can make friends starting with that. Star Trek: TNG helped me meet a lot of people, and I was pathologically shy!

Get out of your room, especially in the beginning of the term when the workload is lightest. You'll be cooped up there plenty later!

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, I didn't get a cell phone until 2001 and it couldn't fit in my pocket comfortably. I got a laptop that same year. I got my first email address in 1994.

17. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    :D *high five* I love reading peoples signatures... you see some funny things!

As for suggestions... I agree with Ish, ask questions! I learned that the hard way.
    Learn to really study now and stick to it... even if the first semester isn't hard (and it usually isn't) it will get much harder and you will regret it if you get used to not studying!
    Have fun... just not too much fun!
    Get involved in campus activites, clubs etc. They really are a great way to make friends!
    Don't procrastinate on papers (or anything)... nothing is worse than having to write a thesis in two weeks!

18. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004

lol, yeah a suggestion I got was that when I had to be in my room, to keep the door open so my roommates feel like they can hang out.. I've already got a date to hang out with some friends I made during orientation, so that will hopefully help..

Aside from getting ready to leave, I was finishing up an online class (thank heavens I'm done!!), working, trying to finish the books I've been meaning to read all summer but have been to busy to, working, catching some time with friends.. What'cha writing, Ish?
    Oo.. maybe I'll find some Firefly fans if I just randomly put a dvd in.. *plots*

19. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    I know! I've seen some really funny things sometimes.. I'm pretty good with the whole studying, non-procrastinating thing. I'm sort of a chronic overachiever. My fear is that I'm going to finish everything and then be like, I've got no one to hang out with.

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    So, everyone here's IBTL.

21. DarthBerryStraw

DarthBerryStraw Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2007
    I'm IBTL, but probably only barely. :p

Between my obsessive guitar and piano practicing these past few days, I think my fingers are going to fall off.

22. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    IBTL... oh, right... yep. :) (Couldn't not have a moment of "what does that mean" before they locked it, right?)

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I have to accompany Kateydidnt in church tomorrow, so my fingers are aching from the piece she picked. It's not really hard so much as complicated.

24. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Which piece?

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    It's an arrangement of "Guide Me to Thee." It's got all these oscillating chords that make me do octaves in most measures. And it's got a lot of key-change moments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.