main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL January Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pikaroth, Dec 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Hondas Brandon, Civics and Accords are Hondas.

2. AdmlDave

AdmlDave Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    Hi guys, it's been a while :) Who all remembers ol' Dave? Things have changed a lot since you last talked to me. I've got a car(HONDA Accord ironically), among other things.

Anywho, I play Alto, Tenor, and Bari Sax (not that playing all 3 is really that much of an accomplishment). I also play Bass Clarinet and Contra Alto Clarinet.

-Cheers,
    Dave

3. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    hahaha... crap, you're right, and I *own* one, too. I have no excuse whatsoever. I made a huge mistake.

Brandon

4. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Nice one Brandon.

I play Trombone and Baritone. I want to learn Contralto Clarinet but I doubt it will ever happen. THAT is the best instrument EVER.

5. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Because I posted a picture of my instrument, I am going to do the same for Stefanie.

Here you will see her primary instrument, the trombone:

[image=http://photobucket.com/albums/v311/Pikaroth/trombone.jpg]

Next we have her second one, the baritone:

[image=http://photobucket.com/albums/v311/Pikaroth/baritone.jpg]

Finally, the one she wants to be able to play, the contralto clarinet. On this one, however, I, personally, dislike it. "Why?" You may ask. I will answer! Because it is simply ugly. Yes, like people, I judge instruments on what they look like. In fact, Stefanie and I have had this discussion before, and it ended like many of our 'discussions' have: absolutely not agreeing with each other, wanting to rip each other's head off, then laughing, saying "Poof!" and talking about the glory that is Patrick Bateman and Victor Ward and then making fun of Star Wars. In fact, for those that care, the reason I am an expert musician on the cornet is due to one fact: I picked that one because I felt, still do feel, it is the best looking band instrument. Compact, slick, does not have to be broken down to be put away (minus mouth piece), and can be stored in a house/room/wherever easily. Without further waiting, here is the contralto clarinet, Stefanie's Uber Dream Instrument of Terror:

[image=http://photobucket.com/albums/v311/Pikaroth/conclarinet.jpg]

Brandon

P.S. I actually created this work of art myself for a very special person, a true show of affection, but it belongs here because, in the end, what better instrument is there?

[image=http://photobucket.com/albums/v311/Pikaroth/stefglock2.jpg]

6. AdmlDave

AdmlDave Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    Any respectable Contra Alto Clarinet wouldn't be Navy blue. The best ones, and most commonly regarded as the best looking, are rosewood. Mine is Rosewood and it is the pinnacle of beauty.

-Dave

7. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    So, it's two words, right? Contra Alto? While I dislike the instrument, I apologize to everyone, and the instrument itself, for using it as one word. I simply did not know.

The *only* good thing about it is the fact that it has "Contra" in it, and we all know Contra was one of the finest video games on the Nintendo Entertainment System.

Thank you.

Brandon

P.S. Contra II was good, too.

8. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, I will not CONTRAdict Dave but I have seen as both. It is commonly, actually, the Eb Contrabass Clarinet. (The Bb is WAY longer and not as pretty). Some people write Contralto and some write Contra Alto. I prefer Contralto myself.

9. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    A Paladin drives his new station wagon into the service shop.

The mechanic comes out and asks him what the problem is.

"Well" says the Paladin, "I'm a Paladin. A righteous warrior for the good, a protector of the peace, a servant of the greater good. But lately, when I drive this car, I just get ANGRY! I want to splatter bunnies as they cross the road, run over old ladies on the side walk, smash in to mailboxes and sign posts. All very dark things."

"Ahh!" says the mechanic, without even looking at the car. "I bet I know what's wrong - your alignment is off."

L8r

10. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Figured I would post this here. Our event made it on RebelScum this week. Im in the 2nd and 3rd picture in the top row of three. Im the second scout coming out.

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=59480

Dale

11. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
  12. the_wild_kaarde

the_wild_kaarde Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2004
    Hi I'm wild_kaarde on the roguezeppo board and I admit that I'm a bandphreek. I played trumpet and baritone in hs band, I also have a guitar that I very seldom practice on. I also like to watch the DCI competitions- missed this yr.'s @the Citrus Bowl though. :(

13. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I used to play trombone. Not well, mind you, but I did play it for a while. :p

L8r

14. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    oh gee, i was a band nerd too!

15. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    [image=http://photobucket.com/albums/v311/Pikaroth/timeline.jpg]

16. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    I played french horn in high school. I also am learning to play bass guitar. Does that make me a nerd too?
    Susan

17. AdlinSkymeck

AdlinSkymeck Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    My days off are Thur and Sat which would be good for me. I have never attended a meeting and would like to attend some :) hopefully we shall see.

18. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    On the off chance that you did not see it, the Orlando FanForce no longer posts here. Head to:

Orlando System

Our next gathering will be this month, December. The direct link for that is:

December Meeting Thread

Brandon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.