main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends January New Stories Index

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by amidalachick, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amidalachick

amidalachick Chosen One star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Welcome to the January New Stories Index for the Before the Saga Board!

This Index will be updated daily with new fanfiction stories from this board, so you can spend less time searching and more time reading these great fics!

I will be maintaining this index. I will try to locate new stories every day, but you're welcome to send me the info for your fic through PM. If I've missed your story, or if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to PM me.

To help me gather the story data and to introduce your story to your readers, please put the following information in the first post of your fic:

Title:
    Author(s):
    Timeframe:
    Characters:
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes:

Below is a list of common terms and abbreviations used in this forum that will be helpful for readers searching this index using the find functions in their browsers:

EU - Expanded Universe (all of the books)
    JA - The Jedi Apprentice books about Obi-Wan's youth before TPM
    pre-TPM - takes place before the movies
    AU - alternate universe
    OC - original (author-originated) characters
    GFFA - Galaxy Far, Far Away
    H/C - hurt/comfort
    vignette - a one-post story, especially a single scene
    humor - lots of silliness
    angst - anguish, torment, fear, anxiety
    crossover or x-over - mixing Star Wars with another movie, tv series or book
    round robin or RR - multi-author story inviting more people to join in (also called an add-on)
    song fic - a story based on the lyrics of a song

If you have any other questions concerning the fan fiction boards in general, you can contact any of our wonderful moderators:

VaderLVR64
    JadeSolo
    The_Face

Previous indexes:
    December New Stories Index
    November New Stories Index
    October New Stories Index
    September New Stories Index
    August New Stories Index
    July New Stories Index
    June New Stories Index
    May New Stories Index
    April New Stories Index
    March New Stories Index
    February New Stories Index
    January New Stories Index
    December New Stories Index
    November New Stories Index

[b]Happy New Year, and I wish you all the best for 2008![/b]

2. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    2 New Stories for January 1, 2008

Title: A Life's Uncertainty
    Author: mavjade
    Characters: Several OC's
    Timeline: Right before Darth Bane rose to power
    Notes: This is for the Dear Diary 2008 Challenge
    This is the story of Riendi, a former Twi'lek slave. She was invented for a Role Playing campaign that lasted for well over two years. There will be two main characters along with Riendi that I did not create, but I am using with permission.
    This is the first story I've ever tried to write in Before, so please go easy on me wink (Needless to say, mav is a little nervous about it!). I don't know a whole lot about this time period except what we talked about in my RPG, so please forgive any gross errors on my part. Thought I wouldn't mind you pointing them out, so I can learn more about this time period!
    If you would like PMs when I update, just let me know!!

Title: The Secret Diary of a Padawan
    Author: moosemousse
    Timeframe: A few years before TPM
    Characters: OCs, with mention of canon characters
    Genre: A diary, it will cover lots of genres.
    Keywords: Tapani, OC, diary, journal, padawan, Jedi, academy
    Summary: A padawan makes a bet with another padawan to keep a diary for a year.
    Notes: This is a response to the Dear Diary Challenge 2008, a challenge to keep the diary of a character for a year, I have chosen an OC Padawan in the Tapani Sector. While this is set in the Tapani Sector it is not known where exactly inside the sector it is. The sector itself is in the region known as the Colonies, just outside of the Core Worlds region. Looking at this map, it's next to the word 'Colonies'. It's main reason for being set there is that I like the names of the days and the months.
    As the diary progresses I'll be expanding the notes to include information that's relevant to the latest entry, which is why it has it's own post.

3. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    5 New Stories for January 2, 2008

Title: With Swoop and Stylus
    Author: Lilith Demodae

Title: Diary of a Space Pirate
    Author: C1-J2
    Author's Notes: This is my first time trying an actual 'voice' for a character, so if it's too hard to understand I'll either add a translation or omit the voice. As always, criticism and suggestions are welcome! Updates will (hopefully) be roughly every two weeks.
    Disclaimer: I own the OCs and the plot, everything else belongs to Lucasfilm.

Title: Harry Potter and the Sith Lords
    Author: MagicToo
    Disclaimer: The works this is based on belong to their respective owners. On their request I am willing to take this down. Please contact me via the site this is posted on. Any references to other works are not malicious. This work is intended as 'fair use'. It is not for profit.
    AN: please post constructive criticism. Comments motivate. PMs available. Early preview available if your willing to look them over for errors.

Title: Into Another Day
    Author: Layren
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, others
    Summary: Sometimes destiny has a way of working out the things it must.
    Author Notes: This is my entry for the 2008 Dear Diary Challenge :D I hope you enjoy this take at our favorite Jedi pairing. And as an aside, since the holidays are over, I've decided to start using the main Layren name again. It appears I have more nostalgia for it after all. Sian Ny belongs to VaderLVR64. :)

Title: Emotions are Weird Like That
    Author: DWH
    Genre: Drama, diary
    Timeframe: KOTOR
    Summary: In a galaxy where Carth Onasi dies and his wife goes off to war instead, the story goes a little bit differently.
    Notes: This is written for the 2008 Dear Diary challenge, and spun off this AU I wrote something like two years ago.

4. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    2 New Stories for January 3, 2008

Title: Trials of a Jedi Padawan-Cleaya Montu
    Author: silverfighter
    Timeframe: 500 years or so before The Phantom Menace
    Summary: Twenty-one year old Cleaya Montu is given a journal from her Master, which she uses to chronicle her life until she takes on her own Padawan.
    Notes: This is my first story I have posted on here, so I'm just a tad nervous... If I made any mistakes, TELL ME! :)

Title: Tiny Little Horrors: when Jawas go bad
    Author: Meredith_Kenobi

5. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    2 New Stories for January 4, 2008

Title: Freedom in Bondage
    Author: Alexis_Wingstar
    Character: My new OC, Meb, who is a slave on Tatooine.
    Timeline: Two years before TPM
    Note: This is in response to the Dear Diary Challenge 2000

Title: Little One
    Author: Lilith Demodae

6. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    3 New Stories for January 5, 2008

Title: My Fan Fiction. UNGOVAGINA JUNGLE ATTACK ON CAPTAIN PEINER
    Author: JameSmith

Title: My Republic Soldier
    Author: Darth Jaina Solo
    Timeframe: Pre-KOTOR
    Genre: Romance, Drama
    Characters: Morgana, Carth Onasi
    Disclaimer: I own nothing
    Summary: A story of love and discovery in a time of war.
    Rating: PG
    Notes: This is written for the 2008 Dear Diary Challenge. I?ll try to update every Saturday I?m going to try to be as canon as possible with this, but I've never read the KOTOR comics. The idea came to me after I finished playing KOTOR for the first time.
    This is in a diary format. It will span over a decade, so parts of it will move really fast. I hope I do the story justice, but we?ll all just have to wait and see for that!

Title: Courtroom Drama
    Author: Rainge

7. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    2 New Stories for January 6, 2008

Title: The Journey Begins
    Author: Lea-El
    Disclaimer: All galactic revenue goes to George.
    Subject: Yoda?s journey to become a Jedi.
    Timeframe: 760 years before TPM

Title: Fast Forward
    Author: ardavenport
    Timeframe: pre-Episode I, pre-TPM
    Genre: action
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Keywords Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, space skimmer, orbit
    Summary: Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon escape. Obi-Wan pilots.
    Notes: There's a challenge on the Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan thread in resources for all dialogue and no dialogue stories. This is for the no dialogue part of it. Typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers don?t catch being my speciality ? if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy.
    Disclaimer: All characters belong to George and Lucasfilm; I?m just playing in their sandbox

8. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for January 7, 2008.

9. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    4 New Stories for January 8, 2008

Title: The Great Today
    Author: saichen aka Juli
    Genre: AU(ish)
    Timeframe JA / 33 BBY
    Disclaimer: If I owned Star Wars I wouldn't be here posting this, now would I? But I do own Saila.
    A/N: Written for the Dear Diary 2008 Challenge.
    The whole thing might be a bit confusing, at first. I have muchos of back story, but revealing everything at once would be tacky. ^____^ Basically, Saila is a Jedi Padawan who had a brush with the Dark Side. This thing picks up at that. I've tweaked the timelines, so 'nuh' on you.

Title: Tuur de tuur, or Day by Day.
    Author: Niobe Asha
    Characters: OC, possible others
    Summary: The passing of days, as viewed by one Mando woman during the war with the Republic.
    Author Notes: This is actually based largely on a character I created for a Star Wars RPG. I keep thinking of these great things for her to say and talk about, but they never fit. Another note, the game is actually set post-Clone Wars, but that won't work here. She's a bit erratic and flutters in and out of Mando'a, so try to keep up. :D Anyways, enjoy!

Title: Something Always Goes Wrong
    Author(s): moosemousse
    Timeframe: before TPM
    Characters: OCs
    Genre: Humour
    Keywords: Problems, travelling, humour
    Summary: Two young Jedi experience difficulties while travelling around.
    Notes: Written for the 'Essential Guide to OCs' January challenge.

Title: Knights of the Old Republic: A World Away
    Genre: Drama
    Author: Obi-gone
    Main characters: Revan, Bastila, a few of the usual crew for Kotor 1, and more.
    Summary: It is four months since the events that occurred on the Star Forge. The Sith are now scattered without a Dark Lord to lead them, the death of Darth Malak and the destruction of the Star Forge significantly weakening both their Empire and their Order. Revan and Bastila, refusing to denounce their love for each other, have been stripped of their title 'Jedi' by the Council on Coruscant. Even so, the Jedi Council has allowed them to take refuge at the Temple on Coruscant and live peacefully with the promise that they will not interfere with Jedi business.
    But the memories of his time as Dark Lord of the Sith are returning to Revan, and with them pieces of the rest of Darth Revan's plan to destroy the Republic and the Jedi. Soon, Revan finds himself in a struggle with whether to follow the source of these memories or to leave the matter with the unstable Jedi Order.
    Notes: This is, essentially, my thoughts on how the Knights of the Old Republic series should end. The final story in the trilogy, as it were. I have taken a few liberties with the canon details of both the end of Kotor 1 and other events mentioned by other sources. But I certainly wouldn't call this AU, as the differences are minor. I thank in advance any who take the time out of their busy lives to read this. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it.

10. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    2 New Stories for January 9, 2008

Title: Besieged
    Author: whiskers
    Challenge: An OC faces a seemingly impossible situation and solves it with some tricky thinking.

Title: What Dreams Know
    Written by LuvEwan
    Disclaimer: Nothing belongs to me. Bunny courtesy of shanobi?all the good ones tend to be.
    Obi-Wan doesn't know what to do. AU-ish.

11. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for January 10, 2008.

12. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    3 New Stories for January 11, 2008

Title: Road to Mandalore
    Author(s): Dar_manda
    Timeframe: Between KotOR I and II
    Characters: Canderous Ordo (Cameos by Revan and Carth Onasi) and a cast of OC
    Genre: Action/comedy
    Keywords: Mandalorian, Sith.
    Summary:
    Notes: If there is anything inaccurat,canon-wise, here, please tell me and I'll get on to correcting it. If you need translatons for the mando'a used please feel free to PM me.

Title: Friends in Low Places Country music songfic challenge
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: my OC Tige Moranis and Laie Drik.
    Genre: songfic
    Keywords:
    Summary: Tige Moranis meets Laie Drik
    Disclaimer: Lucas = Star Wars

Title: Those Eyes!
    Author: Alexis_Wingstar
    Note: This is a companion diary to Freedom in Bondage, and is also a response to Dear Diary Challenge 2008. It is told by Asta's POV. We'll see if I can keep up 4 diaries all year. :p

13. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for January 12, 2008

Title: Serpent-Spawn
    Author: AzureAngel2
    Timeframe: long before even the Old Republic did exist
    Summary: On Aargonar Anakin Skywalker toughes an amulet that is in possession of General A'Sharad Hett. Overwhelmed by emptaic powers his mind travels back into the early historical roots of the Tusken raiders. He comes to know more of their fierce nature and their dark secrets.

14. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for January 13, 2008

Title: The Burden of Duty
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon
    Summary: Obi-Wan is faced with the reality of being a Jedi. Not necessarily canon. :p
    Notes: Written for The Dialogue V Description Challenge on the Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon thread.

15. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    2 New Stories for January 14, 2008

Title: Music Feelings
    Author: Blue_Lightsaber42
    Timeframe: Obi-Wan is 13
    Characters: Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon
    Summary: Obi-Wan joins band at the Temple.
    Notes: This is my first story, so please tell me what you think of it, and tell me if I make any mistakes!!!
    Disclaimer: I own nothing. No wait, sorry, Stephen Glenn is mine.

Title: The Lives of the Wicked
    Written by LuvEwan
    Disclaimer: George Lucas owns all. (And the soundtrack for a current Johnny Depp film is to blame for the rest.)

16. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for January 15, 2008.

17. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for January 16, 2008

Title: Parenthood
    Author: Ginger_Jedi
    Summary: Obi-Wan Kenobi is left to defend a tiny baby when the ship he and Qui-Gon Jinn are travelling on is boarded by angry protestors.

18. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for January 17, 2008

Title: Scatha's Journey
    Author: JediNemesis
    Era: Way, way back.
    Genre: Myth and legend
    Characters: OCs
    Summary: A legend of the galaxy.
    Notes: Another one of my attempts to create believable myths for GFFA. This one owes its debts to Norse saga, Anglo-Saxon poetry, and Arthurian myth.

19. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for January 18, 2008

Title: Star Wars - The Second Saga - Episode I: In the Shadows
    Author: Beta-Commando
    Genre: Drama/Action-Adventure/Jedi Philosophy
    Time Frame: Significantly Before The KotOR Era
    Standardized Disclaimer: Star Wars and all related items are respective ideaological and canonical property of Mr. Lucas and LucasFilms and all its subsidaries thereof. In a 'Just Universe,' however, it'd be all mine, I'm sure. :cool:
    Series Summary: A relatively young Jedi Knight is thrust into events that lead to a revelation of startling proportions. And thus the galaxy becomes a much more dangerous place...
    Episode Summary: Young Jedi Knight Sola Masune is soon to be wed to her love under consent of the Jedi Masters. However, her dream is spoiled when her beloved is gravely injured moments after the completion of their Wedding Ceremony. Determined to uncover the truth behind this seemingly random act of violence, Sola finds out that the galaxy is in danger from a mystic force originating outside the known Galaxy...

20. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for January 19, 2008.

21. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    3 New Stories for January 20, 2008

Title: Just Impressions
    Author: barriss31

Title: Your Excellency
    Author: Onoto
    Timeframe: A long, long time before the movies
    Characters: Original Characters
    Genres: Political Intrigue, Humor
    Summary: When the Supreme Chancellor is forced to resign, the Senate has to scramble to find a new leader - or else the galaxy could split into a civil war. Gaines Hush, a mildly competent and easily excitable Senator, might just be the man for the job.

Title: Wanderlust
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Sian and Trin
    Summary: The first meeting between the future Master and Padawan team leaves them both feeling a bit more at home.
    Note: Hopefully this will just be the first of a few works featuring Sian Ny and his Padawan Trin. Trin has been mentioned in the Sian stories, but he's never made an appearance. Sian wanted you all to get to know Trin.

22. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    2 New Stories for January 21, 2008

Title: Her
    Author(s): Pallas-Athena
    Timeframe: Kotor: TSL
    Characters: Atton Rand, Exile
    Genre: vignette
    Keywords:
    Summary: Atton and the Exile have tea.
    Notes: A toy for obaona, to soothe a bad day ;)

Title: Jedidol
    Author: BaronCoop
    Characters: no one named (until the end in a surprise twist!)
    Genre: Humor. First Sentence Challenge
    Summary: Not everyone who tries out makes the team.

23. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    2 New Stories for January 22, 2008

Title: Protocol
    Author: hyperspace_police
    Genre: drama/humor/history?
    Characters: C-3PO, Young Palpatine, Palpatine's family, and some folks from Naboo (eventually Akankin and everybody else)
    Summary: An EU tale where 3PO has much more to do with the plot by Palpatine to destroy the Jedi, the Republic and everything else... In this tale, our favorite Golden droid was once the property of Palpatine who placed him in the Tatooine junk yard to give things a little nudge.
    Author's note: I own none of this. Got bit by a plot bunny while reading the juvie book "The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader"...so I decided to get my shovel and play in George's sandbox.

Title: Simple Pleasures
    Author: DWH
    Timeframe: In the KOTOR vicinity
    Genre: The building blocks of happiness
    Characters: Leiraya Moran, Carth Onasi, Skyler Ducharme, Kylan Sheffield, Kira Mayn
    Summary: What makes you happy? Sometimes, it's just not that complicated.

24. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for January 23, 2008.

25. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for January 24, 2008

Title: Remembrance
    Author: jedidas3
    Timeframe/Genre: JA, AU, Drama, some SiriWan
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Siri, Adi Gallia, and others
    Summary: Obi and Siri have been held prisoner for over a year. When they are finally rescued, it will soon become evident to all that things will never be the same again.
    Author?s Notes: I had this plot bunny for a while and finally decided to give in. I hope you all enjoy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.