main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends January New Stories Index

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by amidalachick, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amidalachick

amidalachick Chosen One star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Welcome to the January New Stories Index for the Before the Saga Board!

Happy New Year! This Index will be updated daily with new fanfiction stories from this board, so you can spend less time searching and more time reading these great fics.

I will be maintaining this index. I will try to locate new stories every day, but you're welcome to send me the info for your fic through PM. If I've missed your story, or if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to PM me.

To help me gather the story data and to introduce your story to your readers, please put the following information in the first post of your fic:

Title:
    Author(s):
    Timeframe:
    Characters:
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes:

Below is a list of common terms and abbreviations used in this forum that will be helpful for readers searching this index using the find functions in their browsers:

EU - Expanded Universe (all of the books)
    JA - The Jedi Apprentice books about Obi-Wan's youth before TPM
    pre-TPM - takes place before the movies
    AU - alternate universe
    OC - original (author-originated) characters
    GFFA - Galaxy Far, Far Away
    H/C - hurt/comfort
    vignette - a one-post story, especially a single scene
    humor - lots of silliness
    angst - anguish, torment, fear, anxiety
    crossover or x-over - mixing Star Wars with another movie, tv series or book
    round robin or RR - multi-author story inviting more people to join in (also called an add-on)
    song fic - a story based on the lyrics of a song

If you have any other questions concerning the fan fiction boards in general, you can contact any of our lovely moderators:

VaderLVR64

Jedi Trace

KELIA

Previous indexes:
    December New Stories Index
    November New Stories Index
    October New Stories Index
    September New Stories Index
    August New Stories Index
    July New Stories Index
    June New Stories Index
    May New Stories Index
    April New Stories Index
    March New Stories Index
    February New Stories Index
    January New Stories Index

2. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    2 New Stories for January 1, 2009

Title: Diary of Kaagi Adin
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: before JA about 120 b.b.y.
    Characters: Kaagi Adin
    Genre: diary
    Keywords:
    Summary: Kaagi Adin writes in his diary
    Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to George Lucas.

Title: The Diary of Siri Tachi
    Author: CrystalSaber_1
    Genre: Diary
    Characters: Siri, Adi, Obi-wan, Bant, Garen, OCs
    Timeframe: Pre-TPM
    Notes: Written for the "Dear Diary 2009" challenge.

3. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    2 New Stories for January 2, 2009

Title: A Warrior without a cause
    Author: CPL_Macja
    Character: OC Mandalorian: Preal Renn (Tie into Journeyman Knight Series)

Title: Day to Day Adventures
    Author: Jedi-Gon
    A/N: Liam Nafeel is an OC I made up when I wrote the story Strokes of Colored Grey. Then, I really didn't need a full-blown character, just an extra to stick in at one point in the story. His name was originally meant to be a joke - in my mind he always looked very similar to Qui-Gon, so I named him after the actor who played Jinn in TPM. But, however humble his beginnings as a small OC, his character has been slowly, quietly growing in the back of my mind. I want to bring him in as a regular OC in my future stories, but I don't have a written-down version of the character who is in my mind. So, in a way, this Diary is a bit of an exercise for me to expand upon his background and character. With any luck, it will be entertaining, too. ;)

Enjoy! Here's the first post!

4. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    3 New Stories for January 3, 2009

Title: I, Obi-Wan
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Title: Definition of Agony
    Author: Raphire

Title: Diary this is
    Timeframe: (125 ANH starting and ending SAGA)
    Characters: Master Yoda
    Genre: diary
    Keywords:
    Summary: Master Yoda writes in his diary
    Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to George Lucas.

5. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for January 4, 2009

Title: Scary-Sue
    Author: ardavenport
    Timeframe: Before the Saga
    Genre: Drama, Angst, Obi-Torture, Humor and Crossover
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, OC, Qui-Gon Jinn, others
    Keywords Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Obi-torture, Jedi, spells, magic
    Summary: Obi-Wan Kenobi finds himself the prisoner of a woman strongly obsessed with him.
    And: typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers don?t catch being my speciality ? if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy.
    Disclaimer: All characters belong to George and Lucasfilm, and JKR; I?m just playing in their sandbox

6. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    2 New Stories for January 5, 2009

Title: Drafted
    Author: Jedi-Gon
    Genre: Drama, Angst, Mystery
    Summary: Qui-Gon is bedridden, and so another master goes with Obi-Wan on a mission to the small planet of Keatan. But soon, their simple mission turns dangerous when Obi-Wan disappears without a trace. Nothing is as it seems, no one can be trusted, and the Jedi might get more than they bargained for when they unveil a devious plot that could put thousands of lives in the balance.

Title: Miscellaneous
    Author: Jinngerbread
    Characters: Carth Drex Rixar and other OC's.
    Author Notes: This is for the dear diary challenge obviously. If you'd like to read more about Drex's later life, his other story is here: Pendulum.

7. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    3 New Stories for January 6, 2009

Title: Eleven Summers
    Author: JediNemesis
    Era: 7000+ years pre-TPM
    Genre: Bizarre little creepy vignette.
    Characters: OCs - Juillanen, Ionnàs' apprentice and successor, who had his first outing in A Disquisition On Hell, and Djanimilane, who starred in The Serpent's Kiss.
    Notes: The eighth story to be set in my growing far-past miniverse. This one begins eighteen years after A Disquisition On Hell.

Title: Telos IV Mission Log
    Author: Seremela
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, some Xanatos and Bruck
    Note: For the Dear diary challenge 2009.

Title: Youngling to Jedi Master
    Author: Nadia-Oomia

8. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    3 New Stories for January 7, 2009

Title: Meant to Be
    Author: Jaidyn_Knightfall
    Genre: Drama, humor, romance and probably everything else you can think of
    Characters: Revan (female), Carth, Bastila, other KotOR characters, OCs
    Timeframe: Just after the events of KotOR I, and pretending that KotOR II never existed
    Notes: This is an idea I came up with a long time ago to keep myself entertained while working an easy and mindless job. I kept telling myself it was stupid because it completely ignores the events of KotOR II, but it still bugged me. Before I knew it, I had a huge story on my hands that was completely useless to everyone but me. Then I found the boards here and discovered the joy of AUs, so I've decided to get this story off my brain. The first part starts off a little slow, but it will get better!
    Wow, the author's notes are getting to be longer than the story itself. Sorry about that!

Title: The Diary of a Jedi Archivist
    Author: moosemousse
    Timeframe: A few years before TPM
    Characters: Kavra Thane, Keyan D'Shan, other OCs, with mention of canon characters
    Genre: A diary, it will cover lots of genres.
    Keywords: Tapani, OC, diary, journal, padawan, Jedi, academy
    Summary: A Jedi Archivist starts to keep a diary recording all the interesting happenings in the Jedi Archives.
    Notes: This is a response to the Dear Diary Challenge 2009, a challenge to keep the diary of a character for a year. I have chosen to the diary of OC named Kavra Thane. She appears in Things Lost and its sequal Things Found. Here's a summary, blacked out for those that want to read them without spoilers: in Things Lost it's revealed that she was thought dead but it turns out that she might be alive, so Keyan D'Shan, her lover, sets out to find her. In Things Found, D'Shan finds her and returns to the Academy with her.

It's is mostly set in a Jedi Academy somewhere in the Tapani Sector. While it is in the Tapani Sector it is not known where exactly. It's main reason for being set there is that I like the names of the days and the months. As the diary progresses I'll be expanding the notes to include information that's relevant to the latest entry.

Title: Forbidden Love: Obi-wan and Siri
    Genre: Diary,what's happening is this is a post "Secrets of the Jedi" diary. Obi-wan/Siri didn't give up their love for each other, and Qui, Adi, and the council haven't found out about them. They are going to continue their love in secret.
    Note: This is sort of two diaries in one. One diary is Obi's POV, the other is Siri's. Purple=Siri, Blue=Obi-wan. Sometimes there will be entries from both of their diaries, sometimes just from one of them (sorry, it's a bit confusing :p).

9. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for January 8, 2009

Author: NYCitygurl
    Title: A Little Light
    Timeframe: When Qui-Gon was Dooku's apprentice and when Obi-Wan was Qui-Gon's.
    Summary: Death is hard to bear
    Notes: Fic gift for Seremela. I hope you like it! I've never written Qui-Gon before, so this was a fun challenge :D

Seremela wanted:

I would like: Qui-Gon-hurt/torture, Jedi action (good old Force use), some interesting aliens

I don't want: Obi-hurt/torture; death of a main character

Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn and the rest is free, although I always like Obi-Wan and Dooku around

10. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for January 9, 2009

11. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for January 10, 2009

Title: Mesa Banished!
    Author: Lolly_Tolly
    Timeframe: Leading up to and may include TPM.
    Characters: Jar Jar, Possible Obi and Qui towards the end.
    Keywords: Diary Challenge
    Summary: Jar Jar's diary from when he was banished to TPM
    Notes: I'm too young to die, so please don't kill me. Yes, it does have the annoying accent. Do you know how hard that is to write?! Don't own SW etc. Concrit welcome.

12. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for January 11, 2009

Title: Beginning of a Legend
    Author: Ranil-Starwing
    Summary: Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Knight, discovers a Force-senstitive boy on Telos IV. The boy's father, however, is the governor of the planet, and reluctant to let his son be taken away to a life that will dictate his every move within a strict Code of duty and honor. This boy's name? Xanatos.

13. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for January 12, 2009

14. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
  15. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    2 New Stories for January 14, 2009

Title: The Dark Lady Cometh
    Author: Trimaj
    Timeframe: The KOTOR Era
    Characters: Revan, others from the game KOTOR mentioned throughout
    Summary: Revan as a Female deciding the dark path is the more fulfilling one. Starting at the point of just being rebuffed on Tatooine, which is the first place they have gone after the temple on Dantooine.
    Disclaimer: This isn't my world, I'm just playing in it.
    Note: This is a companion to the diary entry of HK-47 written by Qui-Gon_Reborn "Statement: I Enjoy Killing" for the Dear Diary Challenge 2009.

Title: Statement: I Enjoy Killing
    Author: Qui-Gon Reborn
    Timeframe: The KOTOR Era
    Characters: HK-47
    Genre: Various ruminations of a slightly over-zealous assassin droid.
    Summary: See above!
    Disclaimer: George Lucas created this beautiful galaxy that I have had the pleasure of playing in.
    Note: This is a companion to The Dark Lady Cometh, the diary of Revan written by my RPF Master Trimaj for the Dear Diary Challenge 2009. Speaking of Tris, I'd like to give him my hugest thanks for being such a great reader and an awesome friend, and to my Forum Master, Jag4Me, for keeping my ego sufficiently high that I attempt things like this. [face_laugh] Thanks, guys.

16. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    7 New Stories for January 15, 2009
    (Note: I think this is the highest number of new Before stories I've seen in one day!)

Title: The Diary of Carth Onasi
    Author: C1-J2
    Author's Note: First entry and my muse is already running away with it. This one's going to be interesting. :p It was originally going to be canon, but I have a feeling it's definitely going to be AU.

Title: Question Not
    Author: Neon Star
    Characters: Ke'dran Zephir, other OCs
    Author Notes: Minor companion piece to Jinngerbread's Miscellaneous. Obviously for the Diary Challenge.
    Sum: Just a little look into Ke'dran's thoughts, in conjunction with Drex's. Same year. Not quite sure the first post makes enough sense, though may go back to improve it later. And look, he's not a she, hope it doesn't kill anyone. ;)

Title: Unhappy New Year
    Author: Jaidyn_Knightfall
    Genre: Humor
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Siri, some Qui-Gon, Tahl and Yoda
    Timeframe: Pre-TPM
    Notes: This was written for the January Obi-Wan and Siri Challenge. I know I don't have the characterizations right, but I've never written Obi-Wan or Siri before, so this was kind of a shot in the dark. I also didn't proofread this very well, so if I've made a mistake I apologize in advance.
    And yes, I give you permission to laugh. This is supposed to be funny, after all.
    Disclaimer: I own neither Star Wars nor the song Used To. Those belong to George Lucas and Daughtry, respectively.

Title: Thoughts of a Love Struck Jedi To Be
    Author: Neon Star
    Characters: Ris, other OCs
    Author Notes: Minor companion piece to Jinngerbread's Miscellaneous. Obviously for the Diary Challenge.
    Sum: Just a little look into Ris's thoughts, in conjunction with Drex's.

Title: Secret
    Author: Ceillean
    Characters: OC's
    Timeline: n/a
    Notes: I've never posted in Before the Saga. This is something I've never written before either but that's how it goes with Plotbunnies. ;) Even though these are only OC's, I hope you'll enjoy. Thanks! [face_peace]

Title: my journal
    Timeframe: Pre-TPM. Obi-wan is four
    Summary: Four year old Obi keeps a journal.
    Note: There are numerous spelling/grammer mistakes in this story. These are there on purpose, because I think that a four year old, even if he is a Jedi, wouldn't be great at that sort of thing. :p

Title: Revenant of the Force
    Author: Audwin_Jerevinan

17. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for January 16, 2009

Title: Report
    Timeframe: before TPM
    Characters: Darth Maul, Darth Sidious
    Genre: vignette
    Summary: Darth Maul gives a report of a mission with his infiltrator.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to G.L.

18. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for January 17, 2009

19. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for January 18, 2009

20. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for January 19, 2009

21. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for January 20, 2009

[face_flag]

22. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
  23. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for January 22, 2009

24. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    1 New Story for January 23, 2009

Title: Contrary to Fact, Past
    Author: MagicToo
    Notes: This story is a very AU KOTOR2 fic. As you will see, while things look quite similar at the beginning, they are very different. This fic begins at the Telos Academy. The plot beforehand is the standard LSM one. Enjoy!

25. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    No New Stories for January 24, 2009

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.