main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BC Jar Jar Lovers only here...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Gungan_Lover, Nov 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gungan_Lover

Gungan_Lover Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2000
    Seeing as how I'm the first to settle in this great forum, I hereby declare that anybody who does not like Jar Jar will not be allowed to post in this thread.

2. ninjedi

ninjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2000
    I concur with Admiral Thrawn, Jar Jar does indeed suck, to the point where this thread is in danger of imminent self-implosion by the force and magnitude of the suction of which Jar Jar is guilty. Run-on sentence or not, it is the truth and shall ever be so.

3. Gungan_Lover

Oct 21, 2000
    Ah yes, and the media would have you believe that everyone thinks that Jar Jar sucks. It's generally acceptable to say that he sucks without giving any valid reasons why. People don't even stop to think, let alone explain why he sucks. Well, that's not going to work here, I'm afraid. So, unless you want to look like a complete and utter moron, I suggest giving a reasonable argument.

4. Gungan_Lover

Oct 21, 2000
    No offense intended, but I did say "Jar Jar lovers only" in this thread. So, if you would like to bash Jar Jar, you should at least do it in an intelligent fashion.

5. TALIESINWEST

TALIESINWEST Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2000
    The media tells us Jar Jar sucks? Ah, another defensive fan invoking that ambiguous and sinister force known as "the media" as a reason people have an opinion counter to their own. Please tell us, oh wise Gungan Lover, how and what "media" will make us think Jar Jar Binks (a 2-dimensional character, who's pointless pratfalls, aggravating accent, and hopelessly humourless inability to do anything but make a bad situation worse) sucks?

Jar Jar Binks is a fictional character, not a political issue. Standing divided about whether he "sucks" or not accomplishes nothing. He is part of the Star Wars canon, what will be curious is the role he will ultimately play in the downfall of Anakin Skywalker. Sucks or not. And that, my fellow Vancouverites, IS interesting.

6. FBJK_Pretender

FBJK_Pretender Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2000
    I must be one of the few Canadians who likes Jar Jar I guess LOL. :D

7. Gungan_Lover

Oct 21, 2000
    The media is guilty of promoting the whole "Jar Jar sucks" mentality. In actual fact, most people don't think he sucks. Hell, most people don't give a damn one way or the other! I just wanted to have a thread in which Jar Jar supporters could express their feelings, that's all. No hard feelings, okeyday? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.