main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JC Top 100 Classic Trilogy Scenes Countdown (#1 is revealed!)

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by General Kenobi , Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Wonderful scene, definitely top 10, but I'm not sure I'd have it above the last couple that were posted.

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Even though it does not fit in with the PT, it still signifies Luke's transformation from ambitious young farmboy to Jedi. May be not #2, but still a great scene.

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Wow. Didn't expect that one.

4. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004

5. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    Who'd have thought a quiet scence like this would have taken 2nd place? Definatly an elegant scene from a more civilied movie series.

6. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    They used it in a RotS trailer. Apparently there's still some things we agree with LFL on :p

I forgot where I put it on my list, but it's on there somewhere and deserves the spot - more than Palpy's death, if you ask me...

7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    You know, a big part of of me is REALLY hoping that "I am your father" is not number 1

8. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I love this scene... for me in light of the PT it has an even deeper meaning... just imagine Ben's emotions as Luke was asking him all these questions and he was looking back at everything he had gone thru =D=

This one was on my list, and i think it's a well desserved #2 spot :D

9. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    You know, a big part of of me is REALLY hoping that "I am your father" is not number 1

And have it miss the top 100 entirely?

10. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    Yes, because everyone thought "everyone else votes for it anyway, so I use 10 others instead" :p

11. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
  12. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    #2- I def didn't expect it to rank this high. But now that I think about it, it does deserve a place in the top ten. Alec Guniess was a genius here, he had no idea what Lucas had planned for the future and yet still added so much depth to this scene where you would swear that he actually was Obi Wan/Ewan from "all those years back" and actually had witnessed everything first hand. I hate to say it, but those people who watch 1-6 will actually be like "oh!thats why he took his lightsaber!" whereas us who watch 4-3 just knew that Obi Wan would HAVE to take the lightsaber.

13. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    That would be rather hilarious, I have to admit

14. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    We should have timed this so that revealing #1 falls on April 1st and then declare Jedi Rocks the winner :p

15. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    How do you know it really isn't the winner? :p

16. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    I don't know how many people voted in this but I'm really surprised this is even in the top 10. There is some significant expositional dialogue in it and, off the top of my head (but I may be wrong) a few firsts - first view of a lightsabre, first mention of the Force and clone wars, and yes, it's uncanny how well AG conveys the appropriate emotion when talking about Anakin, but there's a host of scenes I'd say I'd want to watch before I die ahead of this one.

Just out of interest (call me a sore loser if you will) but what did happen to the chasm swing? Has it been in the list?

17. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Not yet.

It's somewhat surprising that either "I am your father" or the chasm swing will be the top scene from the saga and the other will end up outside the top 100.

Unless there's a tie, of course. :p

18. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    You never know, I guess. TwilekJedi has a good point. I missed the voting, but I've drawn up my top 10 since (although I've mislaid it and can't remember what I went for) and I didn't put the IAYF scene in.

19. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    The "chasm swing" is in the dvd scene titled "Back To The Ship". It has not made the countdown from #100 - #2.

20. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Something tells me that there will not be a tie; there are so many votes cast that it would be very difficult for the same number of votes to occur for two scenes.

21. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Great scene, I feel it has more weight and is vastly improved after the PT. We have seen what Obi-Wan is talking about, that is what makes it better.

22. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    It has to be a tie for number 1. I can't picture the countdown without the Chasm swing or I am your father. They are both so iconic it just has to be a tie!

23. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Sir Alec kicks ass in this scene. Best dialog of the saga, the body language - this is what made for the 28-year wait to see ROTS.

Yes, I was counting. :p

24. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    [twilight zone] edited by poster due to wierd double post that happened [/end twilight zone]

25. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    Okay....who is the wise guy??? Scene # 3 where Vader makes his decision and tosses Sidious is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO scene #1. That was incredibly awesome! Loved that scene most of all.

Scene #2 was also great, but I would definitely place it below scene three... In fact it was my scene #3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.