main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jericho

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediTrilobite, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    i like this show

2. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    OK, I just need to know why they didn't break out the tank??? That woud've knocked out the mortar crew in a heartbeat, and then they could take it to New bern and blow the **** out of the factory?

And Grey deserved to be shot for his cowardice and uselessness. :mad: The season finale is next week --looks like we'll lost a few. :( And what was it that they were showing in the end --the special ops type of recon?? What did he see???

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I need to catch up a bit. Good thing the finale's next week, during my exams, so I can just marathon the rest of the episodes.

4. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Holy Frijoles Leto II! That was quite an analysis. I can't wait to see what it will be after the finale.

I wondered about the tank too. I half expected an argument over using it.

Do we even know if has ammunition? Or how many rounds?

An Abrahms tank is immune to Nuclear fallout, and even a certain percentage of nuclear blast btw . . . food for thought.

Now then, you don't want to use your biggest trump card if you don't have to, and I expect the men of Jericho were expecting a bigger fight.

Did ya'll stick around for the previews of the finale though? Heather is alive! Has she gone traitor? Has she been mislead. It looked like she was in good condition.

Oh and Leto, now that we've added all those new weapons, Jericho is now even better armed. Plenty of ammo for the M-4's.

Someone needs to slap the two teenagers running the shop around a little more, they sure are turning into greedy little punks.

The "special forces" scene mentioned was just them seeing the people from the other town arrive in an assembly area with all their trucks and campers and stuff, ready to invade. I think they are in for a bigger fight than they realize.

I wonder if they just take out the leader of that other town, cut of the head of the snake, if all the other people might listen to reason. They seem dedicated to a leader out of desperation at this point, and aren't really thinking about what they are doing. Its scary to think that we could become just as bad as the terrorists that we are fighting so hard against in the real world, but what would we really do if we were scared and desperate?

This show raises some very interesting moral questions indeed.

5. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    upped for thoughts on tommorrow's eppy.

6. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    :eek:

[face_praying]

:_|

[face_beatup]

:eek:

[face_frustrated]

Very cool episode . . .and now things are really rolling aren't they? What a good news/bad news situation we have.

7. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Watching the episode after the Marine one, and I'm still annoyed that there's still the crappy soap opera aspects.

8. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    When push comes to shove, and a preference is hidden, truth becomes the bitter opposite of a resentful mundane deviancy.

9. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
  10. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    They killed Gerald MacRaney WTF?

11. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I love this show. Started watching it on CBS.com and was able to watch the finale last night. Bummed that the ex-mayor died. He was awesome, I loved him. I'm excited for next season.

Especially with the whole plotline with Hawkins, Valente and apparently an entirely new version of the US government. Something stinks I say.

12. BAR_BAR_DRINKS

BAR_BAR_DRINKS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    NUTS. ;)

This show is great and getting better and

now i have to wait til next season:_|

13. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Ain't nothing like a battle to have a finale to. I was shocked they killed off Jake's dad, especially since they went through all that trouble to save him from his illness. It would be difficult for me as a writer to kill of that character when I spent two episodes trying to make him not die. Then again, that also makes it more shocking.

I wondered if the tank actually had any ammo, now I know. Somehow I sort of doubt the feasabilty of manufacturing homeade ammo for it out of a morter shell, but hey, who cares, right?

The only way this show lasts for a whole other season is if the Major (Or was it Colonel) in charge of the army unit decides to join Jericho after finding out what's really going on. Otherwise, Hawkins gets captured real quick like and the bad guys erase Jericho to cover up the eveidence. Anyway, its an interesting set up.

14. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Yeah, I was not happy to see Jake's dad die, either. When they took the tank and the guns from the "Marines", didn't they get their body armor, too? Jake, his dad, brother, Gray and other high profile people all shoulda been wearing body armor.

Beyond that, I was really dissapointed at their defenses -- they've known for some time that New bern was going to try something. They could've/should've set up some trenches or at least some foxholes for cover. And I can't believe they didn't have snipers on the high ground to start with, with the sole intent on taking out machine gunners, drivers and leaders. That's bad planning on the writer's part --Jake and especially his dad know better than that.

I'm also surprised they didn't plan for some Molotov cocktails or other decent defenses and surprises. IMHO the writers are really dropping the ball on this. Jake's dad was an Army Ranger -- he definitely knows how to cook up something better than the defenses and setup they had.

Beyond that, it was a good epiosde. I really liked the flashbacks, and I loved 'NUTS!' It should be very interesting when the cavalry arrives.

And Jake is going to skin Constantino alive. [face_devil]

15. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I don't think Daddy Green is really dead. He looked dead, they thought he was dead, but did anybody check vitals? The last shot is Gail laying her head on his chest, they sent runners out to get Momma Green and the Doctor (Why didn't they have a doctor or at least a nurse at the combat site anyway?) Momma showed up first, and we saw nothing more. I expect when the battle is over and whoever wins goes back to town they'll find Daddy Green in the hospital, in a coma.

When and if they announce that the show is picked up, and they start shooting, check the cast list. If he's on it, he's alive. Unless they plan to keep doing flashbacks. Johnston Green is one of the most popular characters on the show, don't think they'd kill him off.

16. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Yeah, now that you mention it, those defenses did kinda suck. But remember, there was only a day from the mortar attck to the battle. Up until the mortar attacks they were still trying to negotiate. And for some reason, the place they decided to make their stand wasn't decided on until right before the battle. So no time for trenchess, but having units in place for flanking manuevers should have at least been there. The defenders have the tactical advantage, but you still want to stay mobile.

17. BAR_BAR_DRINKS

Apr 9, 2003
    Can you believe they killed half of Simon & Simon!?!:eek: (wow, bet you kids won't get that:rolleyes: )

Johnstons death scene reminded me of the Transformers, when Prime died. anybody else?

So Jericho is battlin' New Bern and now the NEW U.S. Army is on its way to crush 'em both....?

NUTS.

18. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    According to Variety Jericho has been cancelled by CBS

19. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Jericho got cancelled. :(

NEW YORK (AP) -- CBS canceled the nuclear apocalypse drama, "Jericho," on Wednesday, another sign that television networks are shying away from serial dramas after overloading on them last season.

The network unveiled a fall schedule with five new shows, three of them dramas.

"Jericho" started out strong last fall for CBS. However, like "Lost" on ABC and "Heroes" on NBC, many viewers abandoned the show after it went on a long midseason hiatus.

"We lost a lot of steam," said Kelly Kahl, CBS' chief scheduling executive. "I know we had loyal viewers ... but the show sort of lost its engine and wasn't performing."

Yup, the rat bastage suits at CBS cancelled a great show. This sucks!!!

Why do all of the good shows get cancelled early? Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, now Jericho?!?!?! :mad: :_|

The stupid suits need to know that with On Demand and Tivo/DVR's that the traditional ratings system is no longer accurate. They need to look at how many time's it's recorded, played, replayed and downloaded to get a clue about how popular it is. Stupid suits. [face_plain]

20. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    It's a shame about Jericho. I actually enjoyed the few episodes I saw. Simon and Simon, indeed.

21. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Just a note....

The rumors of Battlestar Galactica's cancellation are just that-rumors.

Ron Moore said of Edward James Olmos's comments:

"We'll let you know when we decide the creative endpoint of the show".

They are certainly thinking about ending it after season 4, but nothing has been definitively decided yet.

Peace,

V-03

22. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I also wouldn't consider four seasons of BSG "early."

The episodes I saw of this were okay. It seemed like an entertaining enough show, though to the part of it where I got, their behavior was absurd for people who knew that multiple U.S. cities had been destroyed by nuclear weapons. When I initially heard of it, I had been hoping for something less soap opera-ish and dealing in a more thoughtful and intelligent way with surviving after a nuclear war -- a television Alas, Babylon, if you will. But it was entertaining enough that I probably will check out the rest of the episodes sometime. Who knows; it may pick up.

Absolutely certain they will have done so. The executives don't run the numbers themselves; they have people who do all that work for them, and you can be sure those people know all about the replay and Internet markets. (I imagine the executives know too, but in the case of the people assessing the shows' popularity and marketability, it's their job to know how that works.) They really want to make money, so you can be sure if the show had the viewership to be viable for them, they'd absolutely keep it. It's too bad, but I really imagine canceling is the intelligent move for CBS, because they spend a fair bit of time and money getting things like that right.

It is too bad, though, that they couldn't have made that decision earlier and viewers are going to be stuck with what is, as I understand, a cliffhanger. I read an article a while back that said this sort of thing is playing a real part in turning people off of serial drama. Lost, 24, and some others got big and serial dramas started popping up everywhere, but a lot of them (Invasion, Surface, etc.) got canceled quickly with no resolution, and it's really making people reluctant to invest time and commitment in a show that is as likely as not just to disappear one day.

-Paul

23. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    I have so little time to spare to get hooked on a TV show, I've never watched "Lost" or "Heroes" or any of the 27 versions of CSI. The only show I actually scheduled time for was "Battlestar Galactica", untill "Jericho" came on and I just happened to catch the pilot episode, and then made sure I was in front of a TV every wednesday at 7 PM.

This is exactly why I don't follow anything on TV anymore. I watched "Farscape" untill they cancelled that right after a season ending cliffhanger, and vowed never to invest any time in a TV show again. I made an exeption for "Battlestar" and "Jericho" just hooked me, and now, another show with a cliff hanger that will never be resolved. I seriously doubt they'll be able to wrap it up with a TV movie, like "Farscape" did, but I have hope.

Don't be surprised if the "Star Wars" live action show gets cancelled, too. If it ever even gets started.

24. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    I have just finished watching this online, (In the Uk so..), and think it is a bit crap that they have cancelled it. Seems like lots of people do.

Not sure if this has been posted, and I know these petitions barely ever work - but this one, at current has over 55500 signatures. So there is always the off chance. *shrug*

25. BAR_BAR_DRINKS

Apr 9, 2003
    :oops: :( :_|[face_frustrated] :mad:

Well at least give us made-for-TV movie follow-up endcap.[face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.