main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends July 2009 New Stories Index

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Corellian_Ale, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    Welcome to the July New Stories Index for the Before the Saga Board!

This Index will be updated daily with new fanfiction stories from this board, so you can spend less time searching and more time reading these great fics.

After what I recall as years of dedicated service, amidalachick has decided to pass the reins on indexing new stories for the Before boards to me. Going forward, I will be maintaining this index. I will try to locate new stories every day, but you're welcome to send me the info for your fic through PM. If I've missed your story, or if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to PM me.

To help me gather the story data and to introduce your story to your readers, please put the following information in the first post of your fic:

Title:
    Author(s):
    Timeframe:
    Characters:
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes:

Below is a list of common terms and abbreviations used in this forum that will be helpful for readers searching this index using the find functions in their browsers:

EU - Expanded Universe (all of the books)
    JA - The Jedi Apprentice books about Obi-Wan's youth before TPM
    pre-TPM - takes place before the movies
    AU - alternate universe
    OC - original (author-originated) characters
    GFFA - Galaxy Far, Far Away
    H/C - hurt/comfort
    vignette - a one-post story, especially a single scene
    humor - lots of silliness
    angst - anguish, torment, fear, anxiety
    crossover or x-over - mixing Star Wars with another movie, tv series or book
    round robin or RR - multi-author story inviting more people to join in (also called an add-on)
    song fic - a story based on the lyrics of a song

If you have any other questions concerning the fan fiction boards in general, you can contact any of our lovely moderators:

VaderLVR64

Jedi Trace

KELIA

Commander_DWH

Previous indexes:
    June 2009 New Stories Index
    May 2009 New Stories Index
    March 2009 New Stories Index
    February 2009 New Stories Index
    January 2009 New Stories Index
    December 2008 New Stories Index
    November 2008 New Stories Index
    October 2008 New Stories Index
    September 2008 New Stories Index
    August 2008 New Stories Index
    July 2008 New Stories Index

2. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    No New Stories for July 1, 2009

3. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    No New Stories for July 2, 2009

[b][hl=royalblue][color=skyblue]No New Stories for July 3, 2009[/color][/hl][/b]
    [hr]

[b][hl=royalblue][color=skyblue]One New Story for July 4, 2009[/color][/hl][/b]

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/30227952/p1/?0]Palace of Gold[/link]
    [b]Author(s):[/b] MiralukaJedi
    [b]Timeframe: [/b]
    [b]Characters: [/b] G0-T0, nameless Duros programmer, nameless demented programmer
    [b]Genre: [/b]
    [b]Keywords: [/b]
    [b]Summary: [/b] The origins of the droid G0-T0 in the aftermath of the Jedi Civil War. A tale of insanity, revenge, and plans that don't go according to plan.
    [b]Notes:[/b] This song is Blue Rodeo's Palace of Gold from the albumn of the same name.

4. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    One New Stories for July 5, 2009

Title: Discusions and Decisions
    Author(s): TylaMoore
    Timeframe: Mandalorian Wars
    Characters: Revan, Malak, Exile, co-writers OC
    Genre: Not quite sure how to classify.
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes:

[b][hl=royalblue][color=skyblue]No New Stories for July 6, 2009[/color][/hl][/b]

5. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    Two New Stories for July 7, 2009

Title: Quandary (A collection of a Jedi's most Embarrasing Moments.)
    Author(s): Raphire
    Timeframe:
    Characters:
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes:

Title: Urchin
    Author(s): VaderLVR64
    Timeframe:
    Characters: Shmi and Anakin
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes: Vignette, AU ? I?ve played with the timeline slightly just for my own amusement!

6. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    No New Stories for July 8, 2009

7. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    One New Story for July 9, 2009

Title: Bulletproof
    Author(s): MiralukaJedi
    Timeframe:
    Characters: Brianna (the last Handmaiden), Yusanis (mentioned only), Arren Kae (mentioned only), others as well
    Genre: Angst (of the extreme variety)
    Keywords:
    Summary: Sometimes we can't control the circumstances around us.
    Notes: The song Bulletproof is another one from Blue Rodeo. From the albumn Palace of Gold, oddly enough. Also, I seem to have a series in a way going on this board now so I'll post the links to other KOTOR songfics that I've done here for you're reading pleasure. Strange Things, Walking, and Palace of Gold.

[b][hl=royalblue][color=skyblue]One New Story for July 10, 2009[/color][/hl][/b]

[b]Title:[/b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/30249506/p1/?2] Yodel: The Musical (Act 1)[/link]
    [b]Author(s):[/b] Alasse_Earfalas
    [b]Timeframe: [/b] about 600 BBY~ish ? TPM (Act 2 will take place in The Saga)
    [b]Characters: [/b] Yoda x Yaddle OTP
    [b]Genre: [/b] A series of songfics. Angst, drama, H/C, romance (not in that order by any means?)
    [b]Summary: [/b] Yoda & Yaddle?s turmoil over their relationship in its various stages, put to music.
    [b]Notes:[/b] Since I?ve never written a songfic before, I decided to write this sequel to [link=http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/28489833]The Ugly Duckling[/link] & [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=28829920]The Young Grasshopper[/link] in songfic format, just for the fun of it. :D This is basically a ?bridge? series between The Young Grasshopper and the next fic in the series, which takes place Beyond the Saga.
    [hr]
    [b][hl=royalblue][color=skyblue]One New Story for July 11, 2009[/color][/hl][/b]

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/30252340/p1/?3] Vima's Eulogies: a Song for the Great[/link]
    [b]Author(s):[/b] SoA
    [b]Timeframe: [/b] KOTOR Era
    [b]Characters: [/b] Vima Sunrider
    [b]Genre: [/b] Poem/Song
    [b]Keywords: [/b] poem, song, speech, greatness, Jedi
    [b]Summary: [/b] Vima Sunrider mulls over what it means to be a great Jedi and makes a tribute to all the great Jedi that came before her.
    [b]Notes:[/b]

[hr]

[b][hl=royalblue][color=skyblue]No New Stories for July 12, 2009[/color][/hl][/b]

[hr]
    [b][hl=royalblue][color=skyblue]One New Story for July 13, 2009[/color][/hl][/b]

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/30256054/p1/?3]Revan's Shadow[/link]
    [b]Author(s):[/b] Knightfall1138
    [b]Timeframe: [/b] Pre-KotOR (Mandalorian Wars)
    [b]Characters: [/b] Revan, Malak, Exile and most KotOR 1&2 characters
    [b]Genre: [/b] Drama, Action/Adventure, War, Spiritual
    [b]Summary: [/b] Revan is a charismatic Jedi Knight with a bright future in the Order, but his ambitions will lead him down a path toward the true meaning of the Dark Side and the Unknown World that lies beyond the veil.
    [b]Notes:[/b]

[hr]

[b][hl=royalblue][color=skyblue]Four New Stories for July 14, 2009[/color][/hl][/b]
    [b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/30261817/p1/?0]Denial[/link]
    [b]Author(s):[/b] JediLuminaraUnduli
    [b]Characters: [/b]
    [b]Genre: [/b] Mystery, Romance (..hints of romance?)
    [b]Summary: [/b] Choice? Lumiwan. Summary? I don?t know. No really.. Anyone wanna guess? More details in A/N.
    [b]Notes:[/b] I?d completely forgotten about this fic.

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/30261860/p1/?0]Reunion[/link]
    [b]Author(s):[/b] JediLuminaraUnduli
    [b]Characters

8. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    One New Story for July 16, 2009

Title: [ link=http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/29691727/p1/?4] Revenant of the Force [/link]]Revenant of the Force
    Author(s): Audwin_Jerevinan
    Timeframe:
    Characters:
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes: Feedback Needed

[b][hl=royalblue][color=skyblue]No New Stories for July 17, 2009[/color][/hl][/b]
    [hr]

[b][hl=royalblue][color=skyblue]One New Story for July 18, 2009[/color][/hl][/b]

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/30273188/p1/?1]Never Say You're Sorry[/link]
    [b]Author(s):[/b] ardavenport
    [b]Timeframe: [/b] pre-Episode I, pre-TPM
    [b]Characters: [/b] Hellboy, Liz, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Merlin, Coneheads, Abe Sapien
    [b]Genre: [/b] Humor, drama, crossover / Hellboy, Merlin, Coneheads
    [b]Keywords: [/b] Hellboy, amulet, TV set, cats, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi, wizard, Coneheads
    [b]Summary: [/b] Hellboy tries to use sorcery to fix the cable TV. And gets some unexpected guests for his trouble.
    [b]Notes:[/b] Typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers do not catch being my speciality - if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy. This story is the result of a throw-away line in another story, Disparate Jedi, "We were the observers at the Passing of the Custodianship of the Living History Lands on Pozph-Din."
    [hr]

[b][hl=royalblue][color=skyblue]No New Stories for July 19, 2009[/color][/hl][/b]
    [hr]

9. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    One New Story for July 20, 2009

Title: Try
    Author(s): MiralukaJedi
    Timeframe: KOTOR
    Characters: Visas Marr (implied), Darth Nhilius (implied), others (implied)
    Genre: Angst
    Keywords:
    Summary: In the midst of trying to protect what is lost, a world and all of its inhabitants are destroyed by the whims of something beyond their control or comprehension.
    Notes: I thought of using Blue Rodeo's Try first but decided to use Nelly Furtado's song of the same title. For some reason, I choose to detail the destruction of Katarr and a bit of the back story of Visas Marr and Darth Nhilius. Hard to see how an angsty love song fits though for this on the surface.

10. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    One New Story for July 21, 2009

Title: The trouble with a braindead gungan.
    Author(s): DarthBane95
    Timeframe: Before TPM
    Characters: Why Jar Jar was banned from Otah Gunga.
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes: My first story so its probably not very good.

[b][hl=royalblue][color=skyblue]No New Stories for July 22, 2009[/color][/hl][/b]

[hr]

[b][hl=royalblue][color=skyblue]No New Stories for July 23, 2009[/color][/hl][/b]

[hr]

[b][hl=royalblue][color=skyblue]No New Stories for July 24, 2009[/color][/hl][/b]

[hr]

[b][hl=royalblue][color=skyblue]No New Stories for July 25, 2009[/color][/hl][/b]

[hr]

[b][hl=royalblue][color=skyblue]No New Stories for July 26, 2009[/color][/hl][/b]

[hr]

11. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    No New Stories for July 27, 2009

12. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    No New Stories for July 28, 2009

13. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    No New Stories for July 29, 2009

[b][hl=royalblue][color=skyblue]One New Story for July 30, 2009[/color][/hl][/b]

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/30306828/p1/?0]Last Jedi Standing[/link]
    [b]Author:[/b] Ben_Stormrider
    [b]Timeframe:[/b] TOR, 3653 BBY, 0 BTC
    [b]Characters:[/b] Unnamed except of Jedi Master Gnost Dural and Jedi Master Orgus Din
    [b]Genre:[/b] oneshot, connecting, action
    [b]Summary:[/b] Battle for the jedi temple before the Treaty of Coruscant, inspired of following media: TOR-Trailer "Deceived, TOR-Webcomic Act 1, Gnost Durals Jedi Archives
    [b]Notes:[/b] This is the first of my Fanfictions I translated into english, so please excuse me if I made some verbal errors, but please tell me where my english isn't correct. The story is complete.

[hr]

[b][hl=royalblue][color=skyblue]Two New Stories for July 31, 2009[/color][/hl][/b]

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/30308162/p1/?4]Not Anymore[/link]
    [b]Author(s):[/b] Commander-DWH
    [b]Timeframe: [/b] KOTOR
    [b]Characters: [/b]
    [b]Genre: [/b]
    [b]Summary: [/b] Based on the cut DSF Revan ending, Carth comes back for her on the Star Forge.
    [b]Notes:[/b] This story was written to go with my entry to the July Fan art challenge. The picture will appear at the end of the story.

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/30308867/p1/?4]That?s All [/link]
    [b]Author(s):[/b] MiralukaJedi
    [b]Characters: [/b] Young Mical, Jedi Exile (Ahsana Kasra)
    [b]Genre: [/b] General, a degree of Angst
    [b]Summary: [/b] The life and times of a Jedi youngling before and during the Mandalorian Wars.
    [b]Notes:[/b] The song used here is the classic That's All by Genesis. I thought it suited this quite well. Links to other KOTOR Songfics I've written for this board will follow below.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.