main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Keepsake Memories. L/M. Ongoing vigs. Update: October 14.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 11, 2012.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title -- Keepsake Memories --

Author -- Jade_eyes

Genre -- Mega mush time! LOL

Characters - L/M and supporting cast

Timeframe -- Beyond
    Disclaimer: Borrowing for the squee! of it.

[face_dancing]

A/N: Certain fun! fun! fun! ideas will show up along the way in the fashion of fic-gift requests.

:cool:

Tags available upon request.

~~~~~~~~~~

A Slight Obsession With ...

.... Ladies with red hair and emerald eyes.

Luke knew he had such a fondness. There had been scarce to none around during his boyhood days. There had been a few more during the Rebellion, but time had been more or less lacking to do more than gawk and daydream.

Then after he saw Mara Jade the first time, on the Wild Karrde a slight obsession became -- more

It centered itself specifically around her. To the point that he compared every lady who looked remotely like her to Mara.

He started even to compare other women's voices to hers: the rich, husky tones of her voice ... and the ironic twist to her lips.

In later times, he would wonder if, just maybe, he was falling for her, at such a fanciful thing as at first sight.

++++++

[face_tee_hee]

[face_love]

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice viggie. Tag please

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    THEN DO SOMETHING FARMBOY!!!! Ask her out!! It's not that hard.

I hope my sons are not as slow going as he is or I may never see grandchildren!:rolleyes:

Sorry for the rant. I just sometimes want to knock a red and a blond head together and tell them to get to bootknocking!

Very nice viggie mush.[face_love] I would like a tag please.

Hazel likes this.
  4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yup, Luke should definitely DO something other than gawk. I hope he does. :)

Tags, please?

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Ask her out LUKE!

Tag please!

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Tagging:

Briannakin - got Bri's request in this one LOL
    Hazel -
    Jedi_Lover
    earlybird-obi-wan

~~~~~

Oh, Mara wondered after a long day of meetings between the Smugglers' Alliance and the governmental top brass. One thing that hadn't changed with the shift in leadership was the never-ending debates and circular arguing.

She would admit that the leaders didn't appear to be as entrenched and would generally listen ... but there were a few holdouts.

One of them was Fey'lya. She'd like to stuff a rag in his mouth and shove him a closet after stunning him senseless for a few hours.

She had stopped by the multigrav gym for a workout, and she was more pleased than she'd like to admit to see Luke and Wedge there.

They were teasing each other and Wedge said something and gave Luke a playful smack on the rump while winking in Mara's direction.

Luke flushed and tried to act like he didn't know she was there.

But Mara couldn't be so blase.

Luke looked grand in the hip-hugging workout gear. Every muscle rippled as he moved from higher to lower levels of gravity. She could tell he was not tapping into the Force to augment the exercises.

She had seldom seen anyone so fit and those sparkling eyes haunted her thoughts, and that cleft ...

She tore her gaze away with a frown.

She put herself through an even more strenous workout than she'd intended just to drive those annoying thoughts from her mind.

~~

When she emerged from the 'sanisteam, Luke was there still, although Wedge had left.

"Hi," He greeted shyly. "I could tell you were having a bad day and ..."

Mara frowned. She knew he hadn't "poked" into her mind. First, he wouldn't do that, and second, she was sure her earlier disgruntlement had been plain for anyone to see - much less someone as sensitive as Luke.

But somehow, it bothered her that he could read her so well, and that he cared enough to do something about it.

What had she ever done for him to deserve such treatment, such respect?

Mara knew that that was precisely the core of Luke's generous, compassionate spirit.

She attempted unsuccessfully not to be touched by it.

"Yes," Mara answered after a moment's pause, "I did. But the workout helped."

He grinned. "I was going to get a cold fizzberry drink. Would you like to come along?"

"Sure. Why not?" Mara answered offhandedly. What could it hurt, she asked herself. It wasn't like a date or anything. It was just more of a forward step in their moving toward a post-Wayland understanding and friendship.

Mara had allowed herself few friends, and Luke - although warm and open, was selective in his close circle.

She wasn't included in that yet, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to be ... the very idea was fraught with too much confusion ... but she was willing to see what happened next.

It was then that Mara's compager went off.

She scanned through the message and sighed.

"Aves is having a problem with one of Karrde's more difficult contacts. He wants me to join the meeting. It looks like this day is going to be even longer."

Luke's glance clearly mirrored his disappointment. "We'll have to get together later this week, then?"

"Sure," Mara agreed, "Just send me a message telling me when and where."

"Will do." He agreed and before either of them knew it, he gave her a hug.

It was one of sympathy and encouragement only, one such as he would give a friend or his sister, but underneath the caring currents, there was a hint, a promise? of the stirrings of something that could blossom ... perhaps?

As they parted, he gazed at her as if wondering what her reaction would be.

She gave a tentative good-bye smile and they each exited the gym.

The warmth of and behind the touch lingered all through the meeting and made it less harrowing than it otherwise would have been.

~~~~~~~

:) :) Yum! I love on the brinkness almost as much as the head-over-heels part LOL

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Jedi_lover takes Mara's compager and throws it in the lake!! AVES! Don't be such a kriff-blocker! ;) Nicely written!

Lady_Misty and Jade_eyes like this.
  8. Hazel

Nov 9, 2010
    Stirring is good. Let's stir some more. ;)

Jedi_Lover and Jade_eyes like this.
  9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love those two teasing together. Nice new post

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah, stir in some passion with a hint of bootknocking and mix real well.:p

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol! Wonderful lady! Thank you.

I particullarly love how Wedge smacked Luke on the rear!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    With that smack on the bum I thought maybe you were writing a whole new couple, gal! ;)

But seriously, I like a slow burn for L/M. [face_love]

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Briannakin
    Hazel -
    Jedi_Lover
    earlybird-obi-wan

~~

ginchy: [face_laugh]

~~

Surprise and Gratitude

3 months later

Mara is surprised that she and Luke get along so well; at first, they just got together for quick drinks and a snack; then their talks got longer, so dinner seemed natural. He would casually, so he said, accidentally run into her whenever she was onworld after a business jaunt.

She and he talk and tease easily by now. Mara can tell Luke appreciates being able to just be himself around her, a rare luxury.

Mara is intensely grateful that he doesn't push her to train as a Jedi. She knows he would welcome the opportunity, and encourage her to explore the depths of her actual potential.

But he knows that the more he might push, the more she would back off. And for now, her path and self-discovery lies elsewhere.

Mara is not sure how much actual talent she actually has to develop.

She figures it wouldn't hurt to find out and hone the skilss she does have, so she agrees to a six-month leave - long enough but not too long - and if she discovers she does not have sufficient talent, she can always leave early.

Luke's delight at her decision is unmitigated.

Mara has the suspicion that it is not a mere academic gladness.

He genuinely wants to have her company.

This is yet another pleasant surprise, the depth of the wanting.

Luke is apparently full of them.

+++++

:D

14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    So sweeeet!

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I hope he doesn't ignore her at the Academy like he did in the profics! Make this Farmboy smart! He's already doing better than profic Luke. He's had a dinner date with her. :p I like the work up to bootknocking.

lukemaraben likes this.
  16. Hazel

Nov 9, 2010
    They're already doing better than in profics. :)

Very sweet, Jade! @};-

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A sweet update and love Mara and Luke

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Jedi_Lover Hazel Briannakin

This one is gonna be fun and droolicious

~~

Watching Luke work out on the southernmost tip of Ossus' tropically situated continent -- he had to be shirtless so ... Mara had a hard time meditating on anything but how his muscles rippled. ;)

[face_mischief]

He could tell from her intense jade eyed gaze that she was soaking him up slowly, in every delectable detail.

"Mara?" His rich baritone was as soft as the lapping waves. "Would you care for a swim?"

"I didn't bring bathing ..."

He grinned and flushed.

Luke's pov: Luke was imagining Mara in bra and panties in the turquoise waters.

She caught on instantly. "Anything to ... cool off." Mara thought and nodded in assent.

As he stripped off his well-fitted jeans, she could see he was attired in hip-hugging boxer briefs.

Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Mara pondered.

But as they took lazy laps to a nearby coral reef, Mara felt herself relaxing, but she had to admit she found Luke no less distracting.

Much more actually.

"If I knew these were the perks of Jedi training, I would have suggested it myself." She thought.

++++

[face_laugh]

Inspired still by ginchy 's "Pleasures of Meditation." LOL!!!! [:D] [:D]

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Mmm hm! Exactly the image I need in my head before a long day of boring classes! Thank you lady!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  20. Hazel

Nov 9, 2010
    And i sure need this mental picture after a long and boring day at work. =P~

Jade_eyes likes this.
  21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I need to cool off after reading that. I live along a lake...all I need now is a sexy Jedi Master to swim with me. Nicely done.

Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hazel Jedi_Lover Briannakin -----

Luke was watching the Solo kids at his place while their parents were away on a romantic weekend. He found it easier - he wasn't plagued by the comm pinging with "urgent calls." :p

Mara stopped by briefly and was struck by the sight of Luke in "domestic" mode, miniature X-wing models whizzing around the room one minute, in a big, tickling tussle the next.

She stifled her grin, or tried to. ;)

He winked and asked: "You want a drink?"

"I'll get it." She answered. "Don't let me interrupt."

He laughed.

The sound of his relaxed laughter made Mara's heart tumble and flip.

She frowned .... what was that all about?

She and Luke put the twins to bed eventually; there were gooey squishy plush toys scattered all around.

They moved the mess over and lounged on the sofa, watching a holovid.

Later, Luke asked softly: "I know this was impromptu, and I'm glad you dropped by ... but I was wondering -- we've been hanging out together the past few months -- does any of this qualify as a date, or what?"

"I'm not one for calling anything officially dating, unless ... you want to do the whole flowers and fancy restaurant scene." Mara rolled her eyes.

Luke sighed. "I'm not very skilled at the A-zs of romance; I just know I like spending time with you and miss you terribly when we're apart."

Mara flushed. For someone who claimed to be inept, he sure found it easy to say the nicest things!

She didn't come out and admit she felt the same way; she just hoped her smile said it for her.

By his grin, it apparently had come across successfully.

He leaned in and feathered a tentative kiss on her lips. Mara couldn't resist teasing: "You can do better than that."

Luke obliged, tasting her full lips with all the eagerness he hadn't realized he was feeling until now. Mara felt a tingle run up from her toes up her spine as he deepened it, while running one hand through her red-gold curls.

When they came up for air, her lips craved more. She leaned close and kissed the cleft of his chin, something she suddenly realized she'd been wanting to do for quite a while.

"Your hair ... is so lovely. And your jade eyes ... match your name." Luke murmured between even more kisses.

So even though they weren't "officially" dating, they were on the record well on the way to being crazy about each other.

And neither of them minded in the slightest.

++++++

SQUEE! LOL

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Squeee! Now I'm a pile of incoherent mush!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Awesome! Why couldn't we have this in the profics! I sometimes wonder if Tim Zahn snuck the proposal into his book past the editors. It was almost like the powers that be were determined to have Luke stay single and dating Force Witches, White Witches, Body snatchers or random women he found tied to trees. We could have used a romance. There is no real romance in Star Wars. Han has to kidnap Leia, Jacen's romance wasn't written about a lot. Even Jag and Jaina's relationship story wasn't great...although it was probably the best in the profics. I hope Ben can find a girl...who is normal...and have a normal romance. Maybe he can go on a date or two before proposing.

Nicely written!

Lady_Misty and Jade_eyes like this.
  25. Hazel

Nov 9, 2010
    I've just exploded in a squuueeeeeee!!!!!! [face_love] :*

Jade_eyes likes this.