main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Kindle UK removing books

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jafo, Jun 20, 2022.

1. jafo

jafo Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    Amazon.co.uk has always been missing some Star Wars books from the Kindle listings - the current Lucasbooks, the Making of Empire & Making of Jedi are examples where the books are not available in the UK for Kindle.

Checking today, it appears that the Bantam novels - things like The Han Solo trilogy, The Jedi Academy trilogy, Darksaber, the Hand of Thrawn duology, Children of the Jedi, the Corellian trilogy etc - the whole publishing arc, have all been removed from Kindle.

if you have bought them, you can still access them, but if not, they re gone.

I’ve tried customer service, but they just say the licensing has probably changed so they are no longer available.

2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
  3. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Oh dam, I was literally just looking at some of these recently as I’ve been slowly purchasing them! Hopefully they come back!

I’ve tweeted at the Star Wars Books UK page but I won’t hold my breath as it doesn’t look like they have been active in over a year.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  4. Darth_Erebus

Darth_Erebus Jedi Master star 1

Aug 19, 2013
  5. jafo

jafo Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    @ pimpbacca I only noticed as I have some in my wish list, as I’m slowly converting from physical to digital.

it seems to be related to the rereleases, but at the rate these are being released, it will take years for these to come back. They look to have gone from Kobo as well

PimpBacca likes this.
  6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    You guys have to convince the Americans to bring extra copies of old Bantam books when they visit Celebration Europe next year.

That's probably against a Brexit rule or something. I dunno.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm a physical book snob, but I do occasionally use Kindle if the book comes out earlier on the Kindle.

Like Ronin.

Audible
    had Aftermath I before anywhere else, too, which was maddening.

Vialco likes this.
  8. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Yeah I’m in the same boat, I was literally just looking at the weekend at some of them. What’s odd is that the second x wing book with the new cover is also gone but I can still pre order the third book.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  9. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    It begins.. this is why in my bibliophile circles we warned that eReaders means they can delete the books, that hardcopies is best.

10. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Same in NZ. And where I am, it takes much longer and is much more expensive to get physical copies. Guess my post-RotJ Legends read-through is done :rolleyes:[face_waiting][face_sigh]