main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

kotor3 hopes and wants

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Revan86, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revan86

Revan86 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2006
    i would like to see a online star wars game dose not have to kotor but it would be cool. what about cuztum hilts and blades and a choies of race for revans sake pb=P~

2. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Um... wha? Could someone translate?

3. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    "I would very much like to see a new online Star Wars game, it does not have to be Knights of the Old Republic, but it would be very good indeed. How about having custom hilts and lightsaber blades in the gameplay and also a choice of selectable playable races as the character Revan."

Of course, KOTOR 3 was supposed to be announced at E3 if it was going to be made, and it wasn't. Also, if a third game was created, it seems unlikely that you'll be able to play Revan given all the different things that could have happened to him in the previous game(s), plot-lines etc, it would hardly be good for the continuity if you played him as a human male in the first game and then as a female Twi'lek in the third.

There's apparently been no real progress on the making of Knights of the Old Republic 3 since the lay-offs at LucasArts some months ago. Also is the debate over whether it'll go back to Bioware or stay with Obsidian given how rushed the last game was, and it'd need an upgrade in graphics engine too.

And, what does KOTOR have to do with online Star Wars games? Please in future make some attempt at literate use of the English language cuz tlkin lik dis duz not make u kewl.

4. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Don't scare the newbee guys!!

Personally, I would hope that any new KOTOR game would be bloody easy! Cause i'm getting no where fast on the first one. If things are not painted out a to b to c in clear fashion, my brain starts to hurt and I blead from my ears!!!!

So yeah, Pong, thats what I want for KOTOR 3, Pong with lightsabers!!

5. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    KOTOR 1 is God. There will be no changes.

KOTOR 3 has in fact had a slight update, here

6. Revan86

May 16, 2006
  7. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    Wow hope they don't use the Jade Empire fighting engine - it sucks.

That leak doesn't look entirely legit to me anyway.

8. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    Even if it is the Jade Empire engine, i hope it's legit, because there's no other indication that the game is being made.

9. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Wow, I think this is the first proper discussion we have had with Welsh users in a thread for bloody ages!!

Any indication on time frames, story or development platforms?

10. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    I've heard it's a 2006 release, so probably will be for Christmas. It's allegedly based 14 years after the end of KOTOR 2 and the plot line based around the fight against 'the true Sith'. The platforms would be PC, and XBOX 2 i think.

11. Revan86

May 16, 2006
    xbox
    360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360

not xbox 2 darn it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    oh and by god if this is sencilble i'm in the right place

12. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    Who cares? XBOX is just another piece of over-priced Microsoft trash, 360 is some cheap suffix that they managed to conjure up in their infinite wisdom in the hopes that it might appeal 'to kids these days' without any purpose, relation, guide or intellectual direction or notion. Game consoles are being systematically replaced by the PC as game companies argue over which platforms to develop the games for, while the PC is universal, and becoming more and more appealing from almost every angle and entirely more financially viable.

13. Revan86

May 16, 2006
    you speak much truth rhys eg guild wars and so far bout 80% of 360 ames are on other platfroms but my last post just stateing it true name call evil by it's name not it's title
    Too weird to live but much too rare to die
    [face_skull] [face_devil]

14. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Revan86: lol. Dude, you have brought a wide eyed insane element to these boards that has been missing for a long time. Long may it continue, even if we do occasionally need a translator.

And even though PC's are by far the best option for gaming, there is always going to be a big market for plug in and play consoles. Some people don't want to have to study for a computer science degree for 5 years just so they can patch a game or figure out where the drivers are hidden for your joystick.

I prefer PC gaming myself, but I do also own a XBox, as the thrill of such titles as Need for Speed and Splinter Cell are hard to find on a PC.

15. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    Exactly. But they're not issues that are particularly long term, sooner or later, all that stuff will be more readily available/accessible to your average user.

And when game consoles start hitting the £500+ market, PCs will become even more appealing, given everything else you can do on a PC besides games, and the internet and the price. You could get an xbox or playstation controller to work for the PC, but people don't know much about that and there's a lack of PC joysticks that are usable for all games, which is probably one of the main failings.

16. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Yeah, but you also got the social factor of consoles, which PC's do not have.

I mean its a hell of a lot of fun having a couple of mates around and playing a fast and furious games on the big screen in your living room.

That is something that PC's are not designed to do. So while I agree with you in the fact that PC's are a better gaming platform overall, there will always be a market for consoles. A market that given the pure "fun factor" of consoles and the money companies are willing to pour into development of hardware and software, will always be a match for PC's in terms of popularity and technology.

I mean the Xbox is pretty much a PC without a keyboard anyway, so any advances in PC technology will have a knock on effect on the consoles.

But for a serious gamer, I think you have to go down the PC route. It's just.... better.

17. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    Yeh, but the majority of that will be to come in the future. Whichever way you look at it, PCs will turn into game consoles, or, as is already happening, games consoles will turn into PCs. And thus, that is essentially the end of game consoles altogether. Especially with Microsoft at the head of the XBOX, there's really only one way that'll end up going.

I've still got all my old consoles from years ago for a bit of fun, but the market is in games like World of Warcraft, Counsterstrike, Eve-Online. Those games are absolutely drowning the rest of the market, because essentially everything is going towards MMORPG. So i think sooner or later game consoles won't be around as we know them. More likely become hi-end gaming PCs (essentially).

However, the market for the Nintendo DS and similar things would probably last longer, in the same vein it's in now.

18. Revan86

May 16, 2006
    me like you and jack d's timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy timmy

19. Revan86

May 16, 2006
    too weird to live much to rare to die

to all it intrest's video.google.com and type dragonforce to be for ever blessed [face_praying]

i filled that kitty kat so full of lead we'll have to use him as a pencil insted
    {yoda says kill revan you must derange he is yes kill him now you must

20. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I concur.... [face_hypnotized]

So what do you do for fun dude? I know, Monkey wrestling. It's monkey wrestling isn't it?

21. Revan86

May 16, 2006
  22. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    You are an odd one!

So tell us a bit about yourself, what do you do for a living? Or are you still in school?

And medication, what medication are you on? ;) Cause I want some!

23. Revan86

May 16, 2006
    20 not working i need a job bad no money and no booze make's me 1% more crazy than normal

oh it's boost boost boost TIMMEH MANGO spider-monkey spider-monkey dose what his mates think is funkey look out mmmmmmm there goes the sipder-MANGOmonkey
    hey i want a tilte iwant ta be sir looney bin of the north muhahaahaaaa

24. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I don't think any title we think up could possibly do you justice...

What about a unoffical Welsh title, something along the lines of "Sir Wibble Mad McBonkers the third"?

25. Revan86

May 16, 2006
    hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo hell no emo

i'm trigger happy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.