main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Let's talk about sexism.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Only-One Cannoli, Sep 7, 2013.

1. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    dude, she started it

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    wannasee's around to make beezel look good.

3. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    so you're saying i should allow her to call me a creep and say nothing in reply? and you're not going to warn her for calling me a creep?

pffft,

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    No, your incredibly nauseating "all guys look up skirts" post started it. Your post was offensive and crass.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    wannasee, you know what you're doing, and we've all had it with your baiting. You're done.

6. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    done-done?

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I have a feeling this particular line of discussion won't be continuing any time soon, yes.

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Wow... last time he was unbanned, he didn't make it 24 hours before getting banned again. At least, this time he made it a whole 48 hours.

Also, thanks... nobody wants to read that garbage.

9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah, mods, what's with the bleeding hearts? Some people are just **** human beings, like wannasee. Unbanning them is good for nobody. Not even them.

So, stop unbanning bad people?

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    yeah jerks, why did you unban me?

11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    You're not a bad person... you're ****ing awesome.

Ender Sai and Juliet316 like this.
  12. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    unban darth_boy instead

13. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    At least darth boy is amusing for the 24 hours he's around.

14. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    No, he'll just turn this thread into "why are you debating sexism when PALESTINIANS ARE SUFFERING?"

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I always thought he was pretty funny and entirely harmless. Wtf did he do to get permabanned? I don't remember him doing anything really over the line.

anakinfansince1983 and epic like this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Glad that nightmare is over with.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Agreed... I believe he gave Coruscant a hard time in a thread, like three years ago. He's certainly never posted anything even remotely as offensive as wannasee. He's obnoxious, but in a completely harmless Ossy sort of way. The guy should be given another chance. It's been a looooong time.

18. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Intent alone can constitute a crime. If a land lord set up a camera in the bathroom of a tenant and the tenant found the camera it would be considered a crime. He intended to get a shot of her naked. It still would be a crime even if she found it before anything happened. At the same time once he put his camera in a position to get a shot even if it wasn't underneath her skirt it would still be illegal. He had the intent to get the shot. He could very easily turn his phone around so all you see is back part with the camera lens and turn it on. With no red light to see if its filming he could leave it in a position all day long and any woman that passes by would be considered upskirting. If you were a police officer and noticed him doing this then you could arrest him. It is like setting up a camera over a ATM to record the pin codes of the cards you swiped. Even if you didn't get good video or someone caught you trying to set it up its still attempting to steal financial information.

19. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    beez.... you should stay away from the hypotheticals and analogies, and just be straightforward. It's your bizarre scenarios that lead to people saying "wtf." :p

epic , Juliet316 and beezel26 like this.
  20. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I think it's because he useded the bad words.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm going to ignore the rest of your post. The very first sentence of your long example shows more than intent, because the LL performed a criminal act.

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    My eyes are sobbing from reading all that.

23. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    What is the different between the land lord and pervert on the bus. Both are setting up cameras to look.

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Not gonna happen as long as Dave is a mod. [face_whistling]

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    The difference is one of them is performing an illegal act and one of them (prior to the bill's passage and entry into force) is not. This really isn't that complicated.

26. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I was witness to a dude trying to take pictures up women's skirts and dresses at the square in downtown Portland once. I went up to the dude and told him if he didn't put his camera away i was gonna smash it on the ground. He denied it, but took off right away. This type of behavior is not only creepy, but something that could lead to more sadistic and illegal sexual behaviors.