main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Life as a Solo -- Chapter 1 & 2 up! (1/4/12)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Allana_Rey, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Hi everyone! OK, so this is another Allana centric fanfic written by me, except it's a full length one this time. It's post LOTF and is about Allana and how she adjust to life with her paternal family and not living on Hapes.

DRAMASTIS PERSONAE:

Allana Solo: Child (human female)
    Ben Skywalker: Jedi Knight (human male)
    C-3PO: Protocol droid)
    Han Solo: Captain of the Millennium Falcon (human male)
    Jagged Fel: Head of State, imperial remnant (human male)
    Jaina Solo: Jedi Knight (human female)
    Lando Calrissian: Entreprenuer (human male)
    Leia Organa-Solo: Jedi Knight and Millennium Falcon Co-Captain (human female)
    Luke Skywalker: Jedi Grand Master (human male)
    R2-D2: Astromech droid

MINOR CHARACTERS:

Lando Jr
    Tendra Calrissian
    Tycho Celchu
    Winter Celchu

*MAY UPDATE CHARACTER LIST*
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROLOGUE:

Allana's POV

My name is Allana Djo, well now it’s Amelia Solo and I’m the Princess of the Hapes Consortium. My mommy, Tenel Ka Djo is the Queen of Hapes. My daddy is Jacen Solo, but he’s dead now. A very bad man named Darth Cadeus killed him in a lightsaber battle and Jaina, who’s my Aunt, killed Cadeus.

The Hapan’s all think I’m dead, but I’m not. I’m on Coruscant under a new alias living with my daddy’s family. Grandpa Han and Grandma Leia have legal custody of me now. I’ve also met Ben, my fourteen year old cousin, Aunt Jaina, her boyfriend Jag, my Great-Uncle Luke, the droids C-3PO and R2-D2. Winter, Grandma’s adoptive-sister and her husband Tycho. Lastly, the Jedi Knights and my Grandparents friends, Wedge Antillies (who also happens to be Jag’s uncle), Iella his wife and their kids Myri and Syal. Lando Calrissian, and his wife Tendra and their baby Lando Jr.

Everything seems so weird; I’m not used to this life, being a Solo under the name Amelia. I hate it. Everyone calls me Amelia in public and when people are home that aren’t family. Even Lando, Grandpa’s closet friend doesn’t know who I really am. I miss Hapes, I miss mommy and the Fountain Palace, sleeping in my big bed in my room, having Royal guards. Instead I’m on Coruscant, living in an apartment with people who I barely even know. I have to be thankful though that I’m not dead, like the Hapans think.

I guess I'm just going to have to adjust to life as a Solo.

General Immodet likes this.
  2. Hans lil girl

Hans lil girl Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2012
    A very good start for this story! =D= i am anxious to read more!

Team Padme likes this.
  3. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Thank you very, very much!

4. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Chapter #1 –

Two Royal guards and two Coruscant guards walked down me and mommy to my Grandparents apartment. I was nervous, almost even a bit scared. I had only just met my grandparents a few weeks ago and now they had custody of me and I’d be living with them.

I clutched my stuffed tauntaun, Jacen, which my daddy got me not too long ago. I loved Jacen, my tauntaun I was always playing with him. He kept my company even though he wasn’t real. But he brought memories of my daddy, who was now dead.

Mommy told me daddy and his sister, Jaina were in a lightsaber duel with Darth Cadeus, a very bad man who was a Sith. Daddy was killed by Cadeus and Jaina killed him in revenge. I was upset, very upset to know that he was dead. I loved my daddy and I already miss him dearly.

We reached the door to Leia and Han’s apartment. I reminded my self to call them “Grandpa” and “Grandma” but it was weird because I only just met them. Before I knew Jacen was my dad I knew they were his parents. Leia is a Princess, or was a Princess, I suppose of Alderaan. So does that make me a member of their Royal house also? I know she was a princess through adoption and Alderaan was destroyed forty years ago.

Mommy looked at me.

“Allana, I know it’s hard to say goodbye. I’m so sorry this is happening. I’ll miss you.”

A tear rolled down both of our cheeks.

“Mommy, I don’t want to go. I don’t know these people.”

“I know it’s going to take a lot getting used to them but they’re all very nice people. I’ve known them for years and they’re family.”

“My family is back on Hapes!”

“Fact. But just your maternal family. This is your paternal family. And since Grandpa died we don’t have many relatives.”

“Trista and Taryn!”

“Fact again. But there are more people on here then back on Hapes.”

“Can I visit?”

“I’m afraid not. I’ll holocam you though as much as I can.”

Mommy sighed and knocked on the door. We waited a few seconds and it opened. Leia and Han were in the doorway. They both bowed down to mommy, as she was the Queen and presumably me.

“Your Majesty. Thank you for bringing Allana.”

“Princess, Captain Solo, you’re welcome.”

Mommy looked down at me.

“Say hi to Grandpa and Grandma.”

I looked up at my Grandparents. Han was much more different from Prince Isolder, my other Grandpa. Han was very tall, broad and was graying. Leia was average height, pretty. But she didn’t look like a princess at all from my standards.

“Hi.” I said, plain and simple. I didn’t have much words.

“Hi sweetie.” They both said at the same time.

“Queen Mother would you like to come in for a minute?” Leia asked.

“Yes, Princess, that’d be nice.”

“After you.” Han said.

Mommy and I walked into the apartment where my family was. They were all around the kitchen table. I recognized one person, Ben. He was with daddy on Hapes for one visit. I felt that me and Ben had a very special connection, but I didn’t know what type of connection exactly. He looked at me and smiled.

“Mommy, is Yedi Ben my relative?”

Mommy looked down at me and started to speak.

“Ben’s daddy’s cousin.”

“Oh.”

I looked around. There was an older, middle aged man who looked like Grandma Leia. I think he was her brother.

“And next to Ben is his dad, that’s Uncle-Luke. Grandma’s brother.”

Luke smiled and patted me on the head. “It’s nice to meet you Allana. I’m your Great-Uncle.”

I simply nodded, saying no other words. I was really shy. Mommy walked me over to Aunt Jaina and her boyfriend Jagged Fel. They both seemed really nice and said hi to me, Jaina giving my a kiss on the cheek and Jagged calling me “Your Highness”

Grandma told me more people would be coming over the course of this week. I wasn’t exactly thrilled. I don’t like to meet people much. Shy is a word to describe me.

“Queen Mother, will you be staying?” Luke asked.

“No, Grand Master. I cannot. But I just wanted to thank all of you for watching Allana. She’ll be with her a while. Just please treat her with respect and make her feel welcomed.”

“Of course, Your Majesty.” Jaina replied back instantly.

Me and mommy talked outside privately. We cried, especially me. She told me to put on a brave face and say this is for the best of me. We said our “I love’s you.” And she went off; she looked back down the hall. So did I. We waved. She went down the corner and I went inside.

As I walked inside I sat next to Ben. I don’t know why but probably because I met before. My family kept talking to me and asking questions. I tried to reach out to mommy in the force but didn’t feel her; at least I thought I didn’t.

Jaina, Jag and Luke left an hour later. Promising to return tomorrow. Ben stayed behind, helping Grandma with the dishes. I sat in the living room, alone. Hugging my stuffed tauntaun and laying down on a nice, big comfy couch.

From the kitchen I heard Grandma say.

“Go talk to your little cousin, Ben.” I sat up as soon as I heard this. Ben walked into the living room, straight towards me and smiled. He was a good looking fourteen year old. Red hair, which was spiked up in the front.

“May I join you?” he asked.

“Sure.”

Ben sat down on the couch next to me. He was much bigger then I was. He smiled and we began to have a conversation.

“How are you Allana? You seem quiet?”

“I miss Hapes.”

“I know. You’re just not used to it, that’s the thing. I’m sorry for what’s happening to you.”

“Thanks. I’m turning five soon, I’ve been through a lot.”

“Haven’t we all?” Ben asked, chuckling.

“Will you come to my birthday?”

“Of course. Were family so why wouldn’t I?”

“What type of family are we?”

“Cousins. First Cousins once removed to be exact.”

I was confused at what Ben said, once removed? What did that mean?

“What’s that mean?”

“Well there’s one generation between you and your dad, and he’s my first cousin. So that’s what they call it.”

I still didn’t really understand. But just went along with it.

“Allana, I’m sorry but I have to go now. It’s getting late.”

I was sad to hear that. I really liked Ben’s presence.

“When will we see each other again?”

“Soon.”

I nodded my head. He kissed my forehead, said goodbye and goodnight then left.

30 minutes later Grandpa Han and Grandma Leia put me to bed. My room was actually bigger then I had expected it to be. They both kissed me and told me they loved me but I didn’t say anything back. Once they left I was all alone with my tauntaun. I cuddled him close and lied in my bed, alone. There was a nightlight on and on the wall you could see my shadow.

An hour later I still couldn’t fall asleep. I sighed. A tear rolled down my eye as I thought of mommy. Then daddy, I tried to think of something that made me happy but everything I thought about ended up making me sad.

I took out my datapad and played a little game called “Find the Ewok”. It’s where you have to spot the ewok in the picture. Eventually, about another hour later I fell into a deep, nice sleep for the first time in my grandparent’s apartment.

5. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    CHAPTER #2

ALLANA’S P.O.V

It had been four days since mommy brought me here, to my paternal relatives on Coruscant. I hadn’t talked to her in ninety-six hours. Aunt Jaina told me according to the holo news there hadn’t been anything on my mom. I hope she’s alright.

The last few days here haven’t been so bad. Of course I’m not used to it yet. My family is interesting and I learned a lot in the past few days. My Great-Grandmother was Queen of Naboo, Adoptive Great-Grandmother was the Queen of Alderaan and in the future I’d be Queen of Hapes. I learned a lot about the Clone Wars in which my Great-Grandparents, Anakin Skywalker and Padme Amidala were involved in. C-3PO, the protocol droid who served my family annoyed me a lot. Grandpa Han taught me a lot of pranks to play on Threepio. My Grandfather turned out to be a really fun man, but his personality wasn’t the best. He was very sarcastic and cocky (moreso to Grandma then to me.) Grandma often called him “Scoundrel” and so did I, Grandpa Han didn’t like it too much.

Today Ben was taking me to the zoo on Coruscant. I was so excited! I love animals, especially tauntaun’s ever since my daddy got me my stuffed animal. Aunt Jaina told me that daddy loved animals when he was a kid and that I inherited that from him.

I sat in the passenger seat of Ben’s X-Wing as we were on our way to the Zoo. I played with my tauntaun and another stuffed animal I received from Winter, Grandma Leia’s adoptive-sister. Winter had gotten me a stuffed knobby white spider that I named Tenel Ka after mommy.

“What kind of spider is that?” Ben asked the young princess.

“Oh, Winter told me it’s a knobby white spider. They’re pretty rare to be seen now a days. They’re found on Dagobah.” Allana informed.

“What are their names?”

“The spider is named after mommy and the tauntaun is named after daddy.”

“Very nice Allana.”

“Thanks, Yedi Ben.”

Ben let out a chuckling noise and Allana looked at her older cousin. “What’s so funny?”

“The way you say Jedi is cute. Yedi.”

“I’m four years old! I can’t pronounce every word right.” Allana pouted.

“I’m just kidding Allana.”

“Do we have anymore cousins?”

“Well Grandma Leia has some from Naboo, but we don’t keep In touch. Sorry kiddo but the only cousin you’ll probably be meeting.”

Allana frowned. “I have no one my age to play with.”

“You have me.”

“But your fourteen and you are a boy. Who can I talk to about girl stuff and liking boys?”

“That’s what Aunt Jaina’s for.”

“She’s 31; it’s not the same as talking to girls my age.”

“Oh. Well I’m not a girl so I don’t really know.”

A few minutes later cousin Ben and I arrived at the Coruscant Zoo. I squealed with excitement as I saw it below us. It looked really big. Ben arrived in the parking lot, landing his ship in an empty space and I hopped out immediately and ran to the booth.

“Slowpoke!” Allana called to Ben as he walked to the booth. He told the lady at the booth their names and she gave them two tickets.

“Hold my hand Allana.” Ben said. The young girl did and they walked past the booth, thanking the lady. She smiled and told them to enjoy their time.

As the two cousins walked past the open gate they took a look around. Allana’s eyes widened as she saw how enormous Coruscant’s Zoo was. “Ben! This looks like the best zoo ever!” Allana exclaimed, continuing to hold the young teen’s hand and jumping up and down. Ben smiled at his little cousin, looking down and her and asked her where she’d like to go first.

“The Eel’s!”

“Your wish is granted your royal highness.”

“Ben! Pretend I’m Amelia here! Did you forget?”

“No one can here us.”

Ben took his cousin to see the eel’s in the fish house. Allana and him looked through the tank and saw multiple eel’s. “Wow!” Allana exclaimed “They’re so cool looking.”

Ben then took her to see more creatures, and each time she seemed to even be more amazed. By the end of the day she had wore him out. Running literally all around the zoo.

At the end of the day Allana ate some cotton candy Ben got her as he ate some chocolate ice-cream.

“Did you have a good time?”

“I had a great time Ben! Thank you so much!”

“You’re very welcome, princess.”

“Please just call me Amelia.”

“Why? That’s not even you real name.”

“It reminds me too much of Hapes and mommy.”

Ben felt bad and apologized. “Sorry little cous, I didn’t mean it that way. Just showing you some respect.”

Back at Leia and Han’s apartment Ben and Allana had just come through the front door. Allana ran to her grandparents to show her what Ben had gotten her, a stuffed rancor. “This whole house will be filled with stuffed animals.” Han grumbled.

Leia nudged him and looked at her granddaughter’s stuffed rancor. “Wow Allana! Did you thank Ben!”

“Too much.” Ben replied, smiling. “Thanks Ben for taking her.”

Allana ran to her cousin and hugged him. “You’re the best cousin ever!”

6. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    All of my cousins are all older than me except for one who's two years younger than me.

She was the only cousin that I played with until she moved across the country and then she moved back and let's just say that she has a habit of lying about things.

7. Hans lil girl

Hans lil girl Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2012
    Very good chapters! Keep up the good work.

8. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks guys :)

9. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Well, actually this is the first fan fiction story I have ever read. I would love to read more of them, but I am a very busy man and I do not have much time.

It was fun to read!
    Seeing things through the eyes of an infant really is kind of new to Star Wars literature.
    The story gives a unique perspective on the Star Wars Universe.
    Nice reference to the Coruscant Zoo and to the Tauntaun she got from her dad!
    I vaguely remember Jaina and Jacen visiting the Coruscant Zoo, but I forgot in which novel it takes place.

In the future, I would love to see how Allana interpretes other things, such as political affairs/the state of the Galaxy and such.
    How would she react if she ever found out her daddy was Caedus?

Very well done!

10. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks so much!

11. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Do you know if Allana ever found about her daddy being Caedus?
    Two possibilities: either I have forgot it or I have not read the novel in which this event takes place

12. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't think it's ever said or not if she found out, but since she's only eight I assume not.

13. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Are you ever going to write what is going to happen next or are you planning another project?