main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London Film&Comic Con - July 1st & 2nd

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    He'd only have to use the force, he'd just mind trick you into thinking he'd done magic with the other hand. ;)

Just so I don't have to read back through the millions of pages, how much is this?

2. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    For lazy moose -

SATURDAY ADMISSION: Early Bird £10 (from 9am)
    Standard (11am to 6pm) Adults £5, Children £3 (Under 12)
    SUNDAY ADMISSION: No Early Bird
    Standard (10am to 5pm) Adults £5, Children £3 (Under 12)

http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/

;)

3. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    So are we gonna be getting a group photo of all the FF lot together. It would be good if we did. :)

4. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    hi all
    i post on the ff nroth board and i thought i would ask for a couple of favours here
    1, i have a couple of multi-signed posters, this being one of them

[​IMG]

the christopher lee signing only allows one per person, if anyone who is not interested or can't pay won't pay could they get the other one signed for me

2, i know this is off topic with star wars but iam starting a dr who one also and the majority of the dr who guests are on sunday and i'm only there on saturday, this would also include posting it back to me to

i'll buy a drink for anyone who can help me
    cheers
    nlindenj
    see you all on saturday

5. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    We'll do our best Koren. Once we know when the Chris Lee talk will be, we can try and set a time :D

6. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    We better had do lol! Can't miss this opportunity to show the other chapters what the London crowd did! A little friendly inter-chapter rivalry is always to be encouraged.

I guess I am one of the few non-costumers at the table (yeah, yeah spoilsport I know, but I'll be in my FF-UK: North T-shirt, and one other FF-UK T-shirt which is slightly wonky but that's another story :p ), so I'll take as many pics as I can. I have a digital camera and this time I am not afraid to use it :D I may just forget so poke me and remind me every so often ;)

Nige - if they take that poster up, won't a Sith Lord like Count Dooku try and charge em £45? I thought it was one sig for £45, so if someone did go up anyways, they may not be able to get yours done. Let's see if anyone can help tho. I am not sure about me being able to do the Dr Who on Sunday, I'll be having to man the table most of the time. But again, let's see if anyone is doing the Doctors' queue. NHS in a Tardis! :p

7. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    hi tim
    cheers for your help
    see you there
    nigel

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    What's the accomodation like there? I have no idea about these things. :(

9. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Depends what you are looking for, I am paying £200+ for three nights where I am, but it isn't obviously the cheapest you can get. We have half a week to find you something, you want me to have a little look around websites?

10. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Tim, if you want to be in costume, I have a spare Sith costume you could borrow (depending on how big?small you are).
    [image=http://www.vaderseyeball.com/Costuming/IMAG006.JPG]
    [image=http://www.vaderseyeball.com/Costuming/IMAG007.JPG]
    [image=http://www.vaderseyeball.com/Costuming/IMAG008.JPG]

11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I could turn up in my Vader mask from HMV

Or one-quarter Mandalorian armour, which i wouldn't recommend since I look like someone in Pijamas wearing a Jango helmet :p

12. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    nlindenj, I'd love to help with your autographs but I have to split my time at the FF-UK table and my Uncle's stall, so wont have the spare time. Hopefully someone can help out though :)

moosemousse, hotels aren't cheap in London sadly. You might find a good youth hostel for around £15-20 per night but book now to get a bed. Do a google search for London youth hostels and you'll get plenty of choice.

I'll be bringing my camera too, so there'll be plenty of photos for once :p

13. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Wow! :cool: Thank you ever so much for the offer Darth_Konikus! :D I think on Sat I best be in plain clothes anyways, I'll be running round a bit I think, providing any necessary Jedi/Reb/Imp/ewok support. Maybe I could be a Sith for the Sun (but it may give me wrong ideas, I have already been compared to Palps on the regional already lol). Let's see, I am not so brave as you lot to get into gear, proud of all the FF-UK costumers ;) Thank you :)

Height wise - 5 foot 4 inch I think, smallish build. Put me in an ewok suit and I am laughing. Imperials beware :p

14. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    Im 5'8 so you should be ok if you want to borrow it. (This is the only costume I would ever think of letting someone else wear because its washsble. The others arent - lol). :)

15. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Cool, let's see how Saturday goes ;) And yeah, I'd be terrified of damamging anything, probs walk round like threepio! :p

16. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    That costume is all cloth so theres nothing to break ;)

17. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Help! He's trying to convert me to the costuming side! I need Jedi protection stat! :p

Oh great, they are busy! You'll never take me allllllllllliiiiive *falls down DS elevator shaft*

18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'd say yes, but you've done a lot for me allready, with the comics and all.

Sadly I think I might have to miss this one, I have no money so I'd have to ask my paretns to pay for it.

19. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Ok, and lol, I am here to help so don't worry about asking. I can only say "NO! NEVER! *slams door*" :p

Maybe Bristol meet? That do-able? There are quite a few SW guests there.

20. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    MOOSEMOUSSE said

"What's the accomodation like there? I have no idea about these things."

Check out The Regent Palace Hotel, it's in Picadilly Circus and they have great deals starting from 25 Pounds, we all stayed ther for The Marathon at The Empire last May and it was full of SW fans, en suite available also!

You need to book online and look around, obviously booking in advance helps, also check out Last Minute.com

21. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    DARKSHREDI

Yes, I probably will be going to both days, as it's good to catch up with all the FFUK guys.

Are you still only going on Sunday ?

I am only really going to meet Carrie and The FFUK London guys/gals

MATT (Lord Tice), do you still want or need more of a contribution to your printing costs ?

22. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    It'll be great to meet you Kassy :cool: ;)

Is anyone else having problems accessing the LFCC forums? Been like this for over a day.

23. Tethys

Tethys Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2005
    Yep, I can't get on there either - rubbish. Tim, did you manage to get that T-shirt done for me - no worries if you didn't - I may go dressed in my Who's the Daddy vader t-shirt instead (or my I <heart> Captain Tightpants t-shirt - Captain Mal, not Han (although could equally apply to both!). Is it true there are no pass-outs during the day?

24. Voren

Voren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Hi

I do not know what is going on with the SM forums, but I guess it is a combination of loads of peeps trying to get on the board and efforts usually spent maintaining it being spent getting ready for that small film thingy taking place in Earls Court.

I am not going to be online again until after the show. I have got to get a taxi at silly o'clock tommorrow morning, to get a train at stupid o'clock so that I can help with the setting up. 700 dealers tables do not set themselves up, (despite what the short guy with green skin, big ears and poor English thinks). This is going to be a huge show, very much a space station than a small moon!

Hope to meet some of you guys over the weekend and hope that you all have a great time.

"Get to your ships and may the Force be with you"

Paul

25. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Tethys - I did! You have a PM :p
    Who's passing out?

Edit:

Hey Paul! See you there :cool: :D Will come and find you at a quiet point and chat ;) Thanks again dude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.