main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Lost and Found: A Skywalker family AU, New chapter, 12/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by kristeh, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    Awwwwww...this post was so sweet. :) Loved the father-son interactions. Yay! Luke is ok....of course Anakin would never let anything happen to his only son. Hope all is well on their way to Naboo.

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    *sniff*

(Ok, who has the Palpatine dart board? I know we have one around here somewhere.)

In fact, on a scale rating the dangerous and frightening experiences he?d survived, this incident barely rated at all. Except that it was his child?s life that had been at risk. That one fact changed everything.

Yep, he has officially graduated from father to dad now. ;)

Great chapter! I, too, loved all the Father/Son bonding. [face_love]

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    It struck Luke that this was the first time his father had hugged him, and he was surprised at the strength of the emotions that suddenly welled up inside him. He felt safe, loved, and cherished in a way that he?d never felt before. Any lingering reservations he might have had about his father vanished and he flung his own arms around Anakin?s neck. For a long moment, father and son clung to one another.

*snif* This is they way it should have been and would have been if not for Palpatine. (Throws dart at Palpatine dartboard.) I love your Anakin, its a seamless transition from the AOTC Anakin with no Jedi/Palpatine jerking him around. :) Great characterization!

They watched the races, and they were indeed exciting. Luke found, however, that his attention was divided between the holonet and the comfortable, happy feeling of just sitting with his father. Luke knew his uncle loved him, but Owen did have a tendency to be gruff and undemonstrative. His father?s openly affectionate manner was completely different, and filled an emptiness in Luke?s heart that he hadn?t even been aware of.

[face_love] Great father/son stuff and the characterization of both is dead on! You're my new favorite Luke/Anakin writer Kristeh!

4. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Awww. This was just perfect, kristeh. Loved the father/son moments. Also loved seeing Han and Chewie!

In fact, on a scale rating the dangerous and frightening experiences he?d survived, this incident barely rated at all. Except that it was his child?s life that had been at risk. That one fact changed everything.

You got at the heart of every parent's fear with those three sentences!

5. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    Aaaaaw that was so sweet. Really cute Kristeh. The father/son bonding was written so very well.

Aunt Beru likes some show where the people are always falling in love and then fighting and breaking up. Then they make up and fall in love again, but a couple of episodes later they?re mad at each other again.? He shook his head. ?It?s really boring.?

Anakin shuddered. ?Sounds like it,? he agreed.

[face_laugh] I totally agree with Anakin on this one.

6. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    heheh, good for Luke and Anakin :)

ehheeh looks like our smuggler freinds have the Falcon all to themselves. . . :)

I hope they find some good news on this upcomming trip :)

7. Blaster144

Blaster144 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 28, 2003
    Awwww. That is so sweet. Ani didn't want to wake Luke so he just decides to sleep on the couch with Luke for the night. [face_love]

Sleep well Ani and Luke your adventures are just begining. [face_love]

*Shakes off the warm fuzzies.*

Okay, time for the questions.

Are they going to meet Han and Chewie again?

Just how much money has Ani saved up? Hope its enough to get them everything they need.

Are they going to meet any of Padme's family while they are on Naboo?

I can't think of anyothers at the moment, I'll add them as I think of them.

8. Leggo My Eggo

Leggo My Eggo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 1998
    Bump this one...what a great story! And hopefully it will continue on soon (HINT HINT) hehe

9. BroodingLion

BroodingLion Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2004
    Great work as always, and now you've piqued my curiosity about Obi-wan... liked the bit about Owen's opinion on podracing.

I wonder if we'll see Han and Chewie again?

10. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Hi, everyone,

I'm apologizing for my long absence first of all. I've come down with conjunctivitis (pinkeye), and it's been very difficult to read or write much the last few days because my left eye is itching and watering like crazy.

I'm working on chapter 7 (I had hoped to get it finished by today) but til the conjunctivitis clears up, it's slow going with the writing. I'm sorry, and I will reply to everyone and get the next chapter posted asap!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still around, and I hope you understand! Thank you!

Kristeh

11. Pelly-Welly

Jan 10, 2004
    [:D] for Kristeh. Get well soon! :) Take all the time you need.

12. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Somehow I missed that last chapter! It was very nice, very natural. I like this story a lot. Take care, and get better soon.

13. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Take care and get better soon [:D]

14. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    Feel better, kristeh. :)

15. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    My eyes are better! [face_dancing] Pinkeye is such a nasty thing, it just makes you miserable.

Thank you, Pelly, LaYa, Dally, and Gina for the well-wishes. [face_love]

RebelMom: Thank you! :) Glad you enjoyed it.

LaYa: Thank you!

BrownEyes_Blue: Thank you!
    of course Anakin would never let anything happen to his only son.

Definitely not!

Jedi Trace: Thank you!
    (OK, who has the Palpatine dart board? I know we have one around here somewhere.)

Could we order one off E-bay, do you think? I could hang it on my wall and practice every day. I'm sure my aim would improve tremendously. ;)

Yep, he has officially graduated from father to dad now.

Yeah, they're getting very close. But there could still be some misunderstandings. They're new at being father and son.

rhonderoo: Thank you!
    I love your Anakin, its a seamless transition from the AOTC Anakin with no Jedi/Palpatine jerking him around.

Thanks again. [face_blush] That means a lot to me because I feel like I'm experimenting with Anakin in this story. I usually write him as post-RotJ Anakin, and this is such a different approach (without him falling and ever being Vader, and having different experiences) that I feel very uncertain about portraying him. I'm really happy you think it's working!

Gina: Thank you!
    You got at the heart of every parent's fear with those three sentences.

Well, it's definitely my worst fear. And for Anakin, whose already lost so many people he loves, I think the fear is especially intense.

Pelly: Thank you! I'm not a big soap opera fan, can you tell? :p

maramijade: Thank you!
    I hope they find some good news on this upcoming trip.

Well, by the story's end, at least.

Blaster144: Thank you!
    Sleep well Ani and Luke your adventures are just begining.

Oh, if they only knew!!!

Are they going to meet Han and Chewie again?

Probably not, in this story. (Although I haven't completely made my mind up yet on that point.) But I actually have a sequel for Lost and Found in mind, and Han and Chewie would be more prominent characters in that one. If I ever get around to writing it.

Just how much money has Ani saved up?

As much as they need for things in the story. I only wish acquiring money was as convenient in RL.

Are they going to meet any of Padme's family while they are on Naboo?

As a matter of fact, yes they will. Look for members of the Naberrie family in the next few chapters.

Leggo My Eggo: Yay, a new reader! :) Thank you!

Dally: Thank you!

BroodingLion: Thank you!

Yeah, Owen doesn't actually have anything against podracing itself. He just didn't want Luke to hear any mention of a certain young Anakin Skywalker who happened to be a podracer once upon a time.

I wonder if we'll see Han and Chewie again?

Probably not in this story. If I do write that sequel, you will though. (Assuming you would read it, of course! lol)

Okay, hope you enjoy chapter 7. I'm off to begin catching up on some of the stuff I've gotten behind on. Probably take me the rest of the week to get all caught up. All my work should be so enjoyable, you know....

Kristeh

Lost and Found Chapter 7

They woke early the next morning. Anakin had wondered how Luke would react to finding himself on the sofa with his father and had hoped the boy wouldn?t be offended. He needn?t have worried. When they woke, almost simultaneously, and their eyes met, Luke just smiled sleepily and curled closer. Anakin settled his arm around his son more securely and they took their time waking, not speaking but enjoying each other?s company.

Finally though, Anakin squinted at his chrono and sat up, stretching, ?Guess we better get going, son.?

He showed Luke where the refresher was and while his son was cleaning up and dressing, Anakin wandered back to the galley and searched the cupboard

16. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Uh oh, they have a shadowy character following them. [face_worried]

Anakin will need to watch how he trains Luke. Seems that Luke has a bit of his father's desire to do the best in him.

Glad you're feeling better.

17. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Luke's ambitions sounds a bit like his father's. I am really enjoying their interaction.

18. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    kristeh, YOU RULE!

Great post, and it gave me the excuse to further procrastinate my inevitable reading for my 8 am class.

<glances at homework>

Um, you wouldn't happen to have another post hidden somewhere? Please?

19. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    Great chapter! Hmmmm....I wonder who that mysterious person is that saw them took-off to Naboo. I think I have an idea....but I'll keep it to myself for now. :)

Great interaction between Anakin and Luke....and espeically love how Anakin is teaching Luke how to use the lightsaber.....but he may need to be more careful since it seems Luke is a lot more like Anakin than he realizes. :)

20. Pelly-Welly

Jan 10, 2004
    Yay, new chappie right before school :) Good to hear you're doing better Kristeh.

O, Luke is a lot like his father. Luke, you're doing fine, really!
    I think I know who the mysterious person is! *excited*

21. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Nice chapter! I loved Luke's fascination with water. I never really thought about that before.

I, too, am wondering about the shadowy figure....

Glad you feel better, Kristeh!

22. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely chapter! I also liked Luke's fascination with water. You did a great job with all of these characters. I can't wait to read more!

23. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great chapter! :D And I'm glad you're feeling better, kristeh ;)

24. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    He could remember how thrilled he?d been to discover the commonality of water when he?d been a youngster just off Tatooine. He couldn?t wait for Luke?s first rainstorm.

Awww. I loved this. It shows Luke's innocence and how we take the little things for granted.

Luke bit his lip as he watched Anakin leave the lounge. He wanted so much for his father to be proud of him. Yes, Anakin had said that he was, but then in practically the next breath he?d refused to let him progress to the next step in training. To Luke, it meant that Anakin must have some doubts of his abilities.

Luke's feelings here are somewhat troubling, very reminiscent of his father.

25. Leggo My Eggo

Leggo My Eggo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 1998
    Woohoo, a new post! Welcome back, and a great Chapter 7 that was! Never have I read a fanfic which shows a true bond between Anakin and Luke like you've done, keep it up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.