main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LOST (Spoiler Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Tabula Rasa, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I agree. At least try and finish the pilot. It still may not be your cup of tea but you should at least finish the first episode before writing it off completely.

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ARGH. They completely missed a great moment in that last episode, the "Dr. Linus" one or whatever it was called.

During the scene where Hurley was walking after Richard and asking him a laundry list of speculative suppositions taken from any internet forum about the show, like "Are you a robot? Some kind of Cyborg? Zombie? Vampire?" Richard should have turned around in front of the ship and cried, "No! IMMORTAL PIRATE!"

Immortal Pirates > cyborgs/zombies/vampires

3. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I think after the show is over, they should make a spinoff show starring Hurley and Miles. Those two make a great combination. Heck, add Charlie in there too for even more hilarious hijinks.

4. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Only if they can drive around in a van and solve mysteries.
    [image=http://www.tvtango.com/uploads/blogImages/77/auto_lost.jpg]

5. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I've been watching this show for years. And after viewing the latest episode, it occurred to me that I don't know what the series is about. And I certainly do not know what Season 6. Can anyone at least tell me what Season 6 is about, if not the entire series?

6. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Season 1: Exploring the island.
    Season 2: The Hatch
    Season 3: The Others
    Season 4: The Rescue
    Season 5: The Return to the island.
    Season 6: Jacob versus the Man in Black.

7. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    Well, originally we thought the series was about a group of people chrashing on an island, but it's really about the island. As each season deals with something new and slightly different, the constant (heh) is always the island.

That's how I see it at least.

8. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    So Across the Sea gave us some backstory to Jacob and The Man in Black. It was decent but not as fantastic as I was perhaps hoping for.

3.5 hours of Lost to go!

9. DRush76

Jan 25, 2008
    Why hasn't Michael moved on? Because he had committed murder? So have Sawyer, Kate, Charlie, Ana-Lucia, Locke, Desmond (actually manslaughter), Eko, Ben, Juliet, Sun, Claire and Sayid. Both Jack and Shannon have attempted to commit murder. And from what I have seen in the last episode, neither the MIB or Jacob seemed to be interested in the Losties' crimes and sins.

So, why in the hell is Michael "stuck" on the island as "atonement" for his crimes? Because the fans don't like him and his willingness to do anything for Walt . . . and Cuse and Lindehof are sucking up to the fan base?

10. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I'd say if anything it'd be for betraying the Losties rather than murder. I reckon if Ben were to die then he'd also become a whisper (providing there's an island round to whisper on).

11. DRush76

Jan 25, 2008
    I'd say if anything it'd be for betraying the Losties rather than murder. I reckon if Ben were to die then he'd also become a whisper (providing there's an island round to whisper on)

So . . . Michael is stuck on the island for "betraying" the Losties, instead of killing Ana and Libby? I'm supposed to accept this crap? Why on earth should Michael choose a bunch of people who barely lifted a finger to save his son . . . over his son? Screw that! Sawyer and Kate are considered candidates, despite being murderers and her, a child thief. Charlie is seen off-island, despite being a murderer. And yet, Michael has to be stuck on the island, because he led Jack, Sawyer, Hurley and Kate in the hands of the Others? What the hell?

I think that Cuse and Lindehof were simply pandering to the fans' dislike of Michael, just as much as they were pandering to the fans' dislike of Ana-Lucia in that poorly written Sideways version of her.

12. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I don't think it's exactly fair to label Kate a child thief...

13. DRush76

Jan 25, 2008

She had claimed a child as her own, because she couldn't emotionally deal with a boyfriend leaving her, as they left the island. The whole lie about Aaron originated with her selfish desire to use him as an emotional blanket. If Kate had not created this lie, the Oceanic Six would have told the truth about Claire being Aaron's mother. And he would have spent the first three years of his life with his grandmother, instead of Kate.

Fortunately for Kate, she realized that she had done the right thing and turned Aaron over to his grandmother and admitted to Claire that she had done wrong.

The finale was very emotional. However . . . I saw too many plot and character inconsisties that made me realize that it was not as good as it could have been. Actually, I could probably say the same about the series in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.