main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Love Letter The Saga anthology thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    The purpose of this thread is to showcase the submissions entered in the Valentine?s Day Love Letter (Writing) Challenge. More specifically, this thread will host the stories pertaining to the ?The Saga? category.

Note to participants ? You must post your story here otherwise your entry will be disqualified, meaning that it will not be judged by the challenge staff.

All challenge information can be found in the ?mother? thread, which is located here. Please do not post any questions, queries, or concerns (in reference to the challenge itself) on this thread. Only stories and reader replies belong here; the rest belongs in the topic I have linked to above.

Good luck to all!
    Amidala_Skywalker, LianaMara, and JainaDurron.

2. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Yay! I get the first post! Here's my effort:

=================================================

For the Valentine?s Day Love Letter Challenge

Title: Untitled
    Author: stacysatrip
    Rating: G
    Summary: Ten-year-old Anakin Skywalker writes a letter to Padmé Amidala
    Author?s note: Any grammatical errors or problems with stylistic ?flow? are due to the fact that this is being written at the level of a ten-year-old child. Therefore, don?t expect eloquence from it. It?s just a very straightforward letter written by a little boy to the girl of his dreams.

=============================================================

Dear Padmé,

Hello, it?s me. Anakin Skywalker. Do you remember me? I hope that you do. You told me that you always would. And I believe you, because you are a truthful person. I?m here at the Jedi Temple now. It?s been about two months. How is everything on Naboo? Sometimes I wish I could go back there. Everything was so beautiful. I?ve never seen anything more beautiful. Kind of like you. I guess it makes sense that the most beautiful girl should be the Queen of the most beautiful planet.

Things at the Temple are all right, I guess. Master Obi-Wan is kind of strange. He?s really old. He told me that he is twenty-five years old. I can?t imagine being that old. I don?t think he likes me very much, though. He rubs his forehead a lot, and sighs like my mom used to when she was annoyed with me. He always says my name like she did when I did something I wasn?t supposed to do. He doesn?t talk to me much unless we are training. I think he?s still sad about Qui-Gon. I think he misses him, just like I miss my mom. They have not let me talk to her since I left. I worry about her, because I left her alone. Sometimes I wonder if she will forget me. I hope not. It?s very lonely here sometimes. I haven?t really made any friends yet. The kids my age all look at me funny, like I don?t belong here. I understand, I guess. They have all been together since they were little babies. I can?t imagine never knowing my own mom, but they don?t seem to mind. It?s really weird.

You want to know a secret? Sometimes, when I?m really sad and alone, I think about you and the last time I saw you. You were so pretty in your white dress. You smiled at me, and your smile is what I remember most. It makes me feel warm and safe, like a blanket. I hope that I can see you smile again someday. You have the most beautiful smile I have ever seen.

I am learning how to use the Force now. The other day, I actually moved a box, just by looking at it and thinking really hard. I didn?t even have to touch it! I lifted it a couple of meters off the ground, and it floated there for a few minutes, and then I set it down again. It?s called levitation. Obi-Wan says that next I will learn how to make things come to me. I can?t wait to try that. It?s not very hard, except you have to concentrate, and that isn?t easy when there is so much to see here, and so much to think about. And tomorrow, I will begin learning how to use a light saber! I want to be the best at it, so I will work very hard. Maybe one day I can show you what I have learned. I am not called a Jedi yet. I am a Padawan learner. I hope that I can be a real Jedi very soon. Maybe then I can go on missions and stuff. I hope I get to fly one of the starfighters. I snuck down to the hangar the other day to see them. They are called Delta-seven starfighters. I can?t wait to try one out!

I have to go now. I am supposed to be meditating, but I just had so much to tell you first. I hope that you can get this letter, and I hope that you will write back. I know that you are very busy as Queen though. I miss you a lot, and I hope that we can see each other again.

Love always,

Anakin Skywalker

3. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    That was so sweet!!! [face_love] I could just imagine Anakin writing that. :)

4. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Now that'swhat I call a love letter, stacysatrip! It's honest, and it comes straight from the heart and soul. You have written it so beautifully. It really captures the thoughts and feelings and language of a ten-year old child. Wonderful!

5. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh yay, new Stacysatrip! Loved it. You write 10 year old boys shockingly well! I would have never taken this approach to the love letter, you are a clever one ;)

6. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    That was really sweet. I liked how the memory of her smile made him feel safe and loved, although he didn't use those exact words.

Good work, stace. :)

*Derisa*

7. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Whew! After much pruning to get under 2000... (I got a little carried away..writing Vader does that to me...) [face_blush]

Title: Liar
    Author: rhonderoo
    Rating: PG
    Summary: Set between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, a voice from the past inspires a moment of weakness in Lord Vader

The hiss of the door followed the soft sucking sound of the hyperbaric chamber closing. More weary than he could remember being in a long time, Vader made his way into the seclusion of this...place...his home on Coruscant.

It had been twenty-seven standard hours since he had felt his son?s presence as it stole away on the Millennium Falcon, to Vader it felt more like 27 years. He considered transmitting to the Emperor his failure, but there would be plenty of time for that. In fact, he probably knew already, Vader thought sourly.

He had come to hate the tedium of this place, his place in the galaxy. His only interest remaining being the Rebels. That, and ending the conflict that drained Imperial resources and left a mar on the otherwise orderly life that had been his before Skywalker entered the picture.

You are such a liar, Anakin. Vader didn?t know if it was his voice or the melodic voice that had held his dreams, no ? his nightmares for the last twenty years. He only knew it spoke the truth from somewhere deep down.

Sometimes ? alone, he would find his mind wandering, lifting the truths he kept hidden even from himself. The truth that he had followed a lie and that he would pay for it with his soul - that he was paying for it with his soul. This angered him to the depths of his heart and then some, when he would awake from these weak, pitiful ruminations. This was the thing that failing was made of. This was what the Jedi would do, this contemplation ? he hated it. He felt his anger, but at who? Obi-Wan? His son? Himself? This was coming at him faster every day, it had the ringing of fate and of destiny, and he realized that he was on dangerous ground, the kind he had tread since his baptism in fire.

He found himself standing in front of the trunk?this hated, foul vessel of memories that drove him mad every time he was near it. Nevertheless, he could not help himself. Maybe it was finding out there was a child after all, maybe it was he needed to feel her, something, anything?just to prove he was still alive.

He knelt and fingered the code keys on the outside lock. Was it their anniversary? Her sister?s birthday? Ah yes, her coronation date. He felt a sharp stab of pain between his eyebrows, the physical manifestation of pain he had left behind long ago. Liar...

His gloved fingers traveled reverently over fabric, jewelry, and the flimsiplast letters...all still had the faint scent of ...Padme. Vader drew a nearby bench up and sat back against the wall. He felt as if what was left of his bones had aged hundreds of years since Bespin. He winced at the stiffness of his shoulder, a wound inflicted by his son...her son. He called the droid over from a panel on the wall and had his helmet removed. With hands that felt heavy, he lifted the purple velvet gown out of the trunk. It had been the gown she was wearing when she?d told him of their child. It was the last time he?d seen her alive and smiling. He reached in the trunk and absently brought out the pieces of flimsiplast. With reverent hands, he unfolded one of the plast and began to read...

Dear Padme,

I have to make this short, but wanted to write a few words before leaving for Jabiim. I?ll miss you. I know its only been a week since we returned from Naboo, but I wish I could stay and protect you forever.

Master Obi-Wan says that the fighting should be over soon and we?ll be back to our life at the temple in no time. I don?t feel as confident of that myself, and fear he?s trying to make me feel better.

My life will never be the same, now that you are my wife. You are my life. If we make it through the war, we?ll find somewhere and settle do

8. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Valentine?s Day Love Letter Challenge

Here?s my entry for The Saga. It?s an Anakin/Padmé vignette set in the early days of the Clone Wars. Yes, you read that right. It?s canon, not AU. :eek: Shocking for me, I know, but the idea was too good to pass up.

The back story to the vignette is the biowarfare incident on the ?spice miners? moon of Naboo told in ?The New Face of Warfare? (Dark Horse Comics Republic # 51-52, collected in Clone Wars Volume 2: Victories and Sacrifices). I also briefly refer to prior battles from the Clone Wars Playstation game and Clone Wars Volume 1: The Defense of Kamino. The Official Site?s Clone Wars Timeline has brief summaries of these events.

If you haven?t read the Clone Wars comics, I highly recommend them. The plots are very well done and the characterizations (especially Anakin and Obi-Wan) are superb ? as good as some fanfics. ;)

A big thanks to the ever-reliable geo3 for the super-speedy beta. :D

Immediately following ?The New Face of Warfare??

Anakin Skywalker sat at the long table in an empty conference room aboard a Republic destroyer, tapping the golden metal digits of his right hand on the smooth surface while his datapad unscrambled the encrypted message. It had only been a few minutes, he knew, but the wait seemed eternal.

Finally the datapad beeped, and the text appeared on the display screen.

My beloved,

I am trembling as I write, still in shock from the news that you are alive and well.

Yes, the news. I know, I know, you are shaking your head at me as you read this. I am sorry, Anakin, I know we must be careful. But the reports from the Ohma-D?un moon were ? well, you were there. I do not need to tell you how gruesome the truth is. When the Queen was briefed, we were told that one Jedi was killed, one gravely wounded, and two mildly poisoned by the toxic gas the Separatists had used to kill so many Gungan colonists and spice miners. I cannot even remember the rest of the briefing, I was so afraid for you. And yet I also felt guilty, knowing that by praying that you and Obi-Wan were unharmed I was, from a certain point of view at least, wishing harm upon two other Jedi. I know you would not see it that way, but I do. There are no words for the panic I felt for you, Anakin. No words.

You will understand, I know you will, that I had no choice. I contacted Master Yoda at the Jedi Temple and demanded an update on your condition, and he told me. He did not ask why I wanted to know ? he did not put me in a position in which I would be compelled to lie. I think he did it on purpose. I think he knows, or at least suspects something beyond the professional has happened between us. I do not expect you to understand the workings of his mind, and I certainly cannot either. Nevertheless, for whatever reasons he holds to himself, he chose to honor my request. Perhaps he will say something to you when you see him next, but I suppose he will not.

You will be pleased to know that Threepio was delighted to see you. He reported with much enthusiasm your initial dismay that he had disobeyed your instructions to stay at my side, until you allowed him to explain that he was Queen Jamillia?s liaison to the mission briefing. (His inability to get a word in edgewise produced notable consternation on his part, I must say. Please try to be more patient with him. For me?) He tells me you and Obi-Wan looked well, although of course that was before the mission.

I know I do not need to tell you that I wish we could have met, if only for a moment, while you were here at Naboo. Even if it could only have been when you looked your worst, dirty and grimy and in pain after the battle, the sight of you would have lifted my heart. I hope you believe that. It is the truth.

By now I am sure you are somewhere far away from me again. I

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: What does the heart say?
    Author: Sara Kenobi
    Summary: Leia writes Han a love letter between ESB and ROTJ.
    Author?s note: This takes place shortly after Han is taken to Jabba the Hutt by Boba Fett.

Dearest Han

Wouldn't you just cringe at my calling you that?
    It doesn't seem appropriate for all what we've been through and also in every way it seems just right my calling you that. For we just found each other, and once I realized I was in love with you, you were taken away from me. Taken away like every other thing in my life that I let myself love.

Yes, I do love you, Han Solo. You have no idea how difficult that was for myself to admit. It's not that it's difficult to love you. I couldn't help myself in loving you, Han. I hope to think it was just as easy for you in loving me. It's just the admitting part that we both had a problem with, wasn't it?

I never had a real boyfriend growing up. It wasn't from the lack of offers. It's just not easy being a Princess that's supposed to pick the nice guy from the bunch and marry him someday.

That was what my father always expected of me and as well as my people. I was to pick the most respectable man I could find and fall desperately in love with him because it was the right thing to do.

All my life I always did the right thing. What ever my father said was the right thing for me. What ever my aunts told me was my own personal law that I had to abide by.

It was what I was trained to do. It was who I was supposed to be.

When I met you, everything was turned upside down. It was all different then. I was expected to think for myself.

I was given permission by you to speak my own heart and I loved it.

I loved you, Han Solo, for it.

It may seem silly that I'm writing this to you. I have no idea where you are right now. I have no idea that I'm even going to see you again.

But I have to have hope. I have to think that where ever you are, you're thinking of me like this too.

Luke's the only one that thinks you're still alive besides me. He told me to never give up believing in you. He told me not to be afraid for you.

I will never do either of those things if it means I'll see you again. Perhaps Luke's Force thing is telling him something about us.

Love, Leia.

10. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    Oh!! It was so sweet Sara_Kenobi . I loved your story. It was wonderful!!

I was almost sobbing at the end of the letter. :)

Well done.

11. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Wow! Great work folks! :D It will be hard to choose I guess...

Good thing there are several winners... ;)

12. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Great stories, everyone. :) I'm enjoying reading them.

Here's my entry. Why not. ;)

Title: All I Want
    Author: Thumper09
    Timeframe: Between ANH and ESB
    Characters: OCs
    Summary: A Rebel pilot finds a message left outside his quarters.

Flight Officer Welker gave a huge yawn as he approached his quarters. Dogfights always wore him out. He was just glad that his Y-wing held together, though he honestly was rarely concerned that it wouldn't. Wishbones may be slow, and those X-wing pilots might enjoy flying circles around him, but Y-wings had a ruggedness and resilience that no other snubfighter had. More than anything else, that ability to take a beating is what kept him alive.

When he reached the door, he noticed a datapad propped against it on the floor. Puzzled, he picked it up, glanced at the name of the addressee, and walked into the room.

The Rebels generally did not have an excess of luxuries, and these quarters were no exception: only the bare minimum was supplied by the Alliance. Welker grabbed his roommate's chair, sat down, leaned back and propped his booted feet up on his friend's desk. Like the snubfighter they shared, there was little in the room that was not considered communal property by both of them. The war was hard enough without worrying about trivial things like whose holonovel that was or to whom the fresh fruit belonged. Well, fresh fruit probably wasn't the best example because it was so rare and so valued on the ship due to their distance from standard shipping lanes, and it was something worth being possessive about. But little else had a name attached to it, and that suited Welker and his gunner, Flight Officer Plath, just fine.

The pilot turned on the datapad and saw it was a text letter. He curiously began to read.

Dear Emory,

I'm sure you're not expecting this. I guess, in some ways, I didn't expect to be writing this either, and I have to admit that I'm a little nervous. This is Tianna, by the way.

That certainly caught Welker's attention. Tianna was the girl he had a crush on who worked in the quartermaster's office. How many times had he persuaded his gunner to go with him down there to get some trivial piece of equipment they hadn't really needed just so he'd have an excuse to see her and be near her? He kept reading.

I see you and Mikka in here all the time, and I always enjoy talking to you. I'm sure that's obvious. Something you probably didn't know, though, is that lately, when I've seen you two coming, I've swapped duties with someone else so I could be the one to come over and help you. I didn't even realize I was doing it until a week or two ago, and not long after that, I realized why I was doing it: I've come to care for you.

Welker's breath caught in his throat. Had he read that right? Those words couldn't be true, could they?

Hard to believe, isn't it? A lowly clerk like me falling for a heroic guy like you. I mean, you're part of a fighter squadron! You probably get letters like this all the time. You could have any girl you wanted, someone smarter, someone prettier. I should just admit to myself that it won't work. There's probably no way that you could see in me what I see in you. But I owe it to my heart to at least try and ask. It deserves an answer from your heart, not my brain's fearful defenses.

The pilot felt his heart hammering. He saw in her all that was good in the galaxy. If only she could see that?

I wrote this letter while the dogfight was going on outside. I've lived through dozens of dogfights since I was assigned to this ship, but this was the first one that truly frightened me. It was fear that I might lose you, fear that you might be hurt or killed or captured, and fear that if any of those things happened, you would be gone. My life would be empty again, and I might never know what could have been. That fear just made it all the more clear to me that I had to tell you now how I felt, how much I truly care, before another dogfight

13. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Here is my Letter. hope everyone likes it!

Worthy
    (A special ?Love Letter?)
    By
    Lady-Kenobi

Summary: Early in their courtship Obi-Wan pours his heart out to Padme?. Padme? responds with a heartfelt letter of her own.

Disclaimer: George owns Star Wars. I don?t.

Obi-Wan?s Letter

My Beloved Queen

I write to you as a man unsure of his existence in the galaxy.

I wish that there were a way that I could just leave this Jedi life and run away to Naboo just to be with you, my sweet love.

Then I wonder am I worthy of that love.

Do I dare dream of the day that we become one as husband and wife?

Do I dare dream of being the Father of you children and your companion for life?

I do think of our stolen kisses and our long embraces aboard The Royal Starship.

Then I remember when you left with Qui-Gon to find parts for the ship in Mos Espa, Tatooine. How lonely I felt, even when I was in the company of my Uncle Cliegg and Cousin Owen. How my thoughts were only of you and so were my dreams.

I really shouldn?t be so melancholy and doubt myself, because it is your love that keeps me going with the hope that one day, by the will of The Force, we WILL be together again.

Just looking at your picture, my sweet and the look of pure true love you have for me states that I AM WORTHY OF YOUR LOVE.

I miss you oh so much, my sweet. Please write me SOON!

Yours Faithfully and Lovingly
    Obi-Wan

Padme?s Letter

My Dearest Knight

Of course you're worthy of my love, you are the only one who will ever have it.

Even though it was such a short time ago, I still remember longing to see your handsome face when we were apart while on Tatooine.

I asked Qui-Gon so many questions about you. Where were you born, were are your parents, do you have a sister or a brother, what?s your favorite color, what do you like to eat, what do you do in your spare time and most of all, what do you look for in a girl?

He told me you were Kertiosian, your parents lived there, you had a brother, Wilhelm, your favorite color was blue, you like to eat noodles with a spicy Yuna sauce and chicken with it too, you spend your time reading, singing, acting, playing music, and writing poetry, and your perfect girl would be some like me.

I couldn?t believe the last thing he told me. Then when I came back to the ship, saw you with the bouquet of Tapeias, and when we kissed. I knew that we were meant to be soul mates forever!

As I look at the picture that you have sent me, I look into you eyes and know that we share the greatest love that will ever be and that we both are worthy of this love!

Write soon, my love!

Yours Now and Forever
    Padme?

14. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Lovely stories everyone!
    rhonderoo- so sad, I wanted to cry!
    darth lex- stunningly realistic, wonderful as always :)

edit: I'm an idiot.

15. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Very beautiful love letters between Obi-Wan and Padme, Lady. Hmm, I shall have to write one soon too, I think.

~aeryn

16. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Title: The letter

Author:jacen200015

Characters: OC's and a brief scene with Garen.

Timeframe: Between AOTC and ANH

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quayson sat in his small tent on his sleeping pallet. On the other side lay his tent mate soundly sleeping. Reaching under his pillow he pulled out a battered datapad and turned it on.

My dear Quayson,

I hope this letter finds you well and safe. This war is so horrible and long, I pray that it will end soon so you will be with me once again. I miss you so much, I long to feel you?re strong-arms around my waist again. Everyday I hear the news of battles, victories and losses. Everyday I pray that you are safe. You have only been gone a month but it feels like it has been years since we have been together.

The ground trembled as a huge blast it the ground half a mile away from the camp. Shouts were heard and horns sounded as everyone scrambled to their positions. Dropping the datapad he grabbed his gear. ?Matosh get up, the enemy had made his move!? not waiting for his friend he ran out of the tent and headed for the command center in the center of the camp.

Something terrible happened today Quayson The Jedi Temple was attacked and destroyed. Oh Quayson it was so terrible, all those Jedi killed. It was a massacre. I remember hearing a Jedi say that they were not warriors yet they became embroiled into this war. Even this war was taking its toll on them, it just proves that they are not all powerful.

Quayson entered the command tent and made a sharp salute to the general. ?Reporting for duty General Muln.?

Garen handed a datapad to Quayson, ?Captain take your troops to the southwest end of the camp and offer ground support to the snow speeders.?

?Yes sir!? Quayson answered with a salute. Turning on his heel he swiftly left the tent.

Quayson I love you, I do not know what I will do if I lose you. So many people have been lost already. The med center where I work is packed with so many wounded soldiers. Those with minor injuries are given a limited amount of time to recuperate before their sent back into the fighting. The few healers that survived the destruction of the temple are spread thin on Coruscant. We welcome the help but they too look terribly battle worn. I was working with one of them yesterday, Bant, she tries to hide it but her mask of pace and calm slips everyone in awhile when a new patient is brought in.

Gathering his troops Quayson began to station them at strategic points where they would provide ground support. Looking into the distance with his macrobinoculars he saw off in the distance captured AT AT?s.

Kalli is helping to transport young Jedi children to a safe location. I haven?t heard from her in days, waiting to here if she?s safe is so hard. I heard from Kerrek this afternoon, he got a spot in a fighter squadron. He?ll be heading out tomorrow. Quason, he?s only eighteen and he?s headed off to war already.

Rain began to fall in torrents making it near impossible to see the AT AT?s as the sky darkened. The snow speeders sped through the clouds, firing at the nearing AT AT?s. Quason?s troops opened fire as enemy troops came from behind the AT AT?s in speeders.

I am working part time at a care center for orphaned children and refugees when I?m not working at the medicenter. Bant is staying in our apartment with me and so are a few of my other coworkers whenever they get the chance.

Laser fire was slot at them, screams filled the air along with the fateful shots. Quason led a charge at the enemy troops with those who were not manning the turrets.

I love you so much please be safe. As my friend Bant says, May the Force be with You.

With love and kisses and hope,
    Your wife,
    Cassy

Quayson and his troops returned fire as they went into the thick of the battle.

17. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    This takes place during my AU, "The Obi-Wan Kenobi Diaries"--the link is in my bio if anyone is interested.

Obi-Wan has gone with Anakin and Padme to Tatooine after Anakin has a frightening vision about his mother. Sabe stays behind on Naboo to perform Padme's Senatorial duties in her absence. Obi-Wan, during his stay on the desert planet, finds himself writing a letter to the Senator's handmaiden and pouring out his heart to her for the first time. Obi-Wan and Sabe's courtship is eventually made public in my story, but at this point, they have been limited to a few secret encounters--and Obi-Wan's constant thoughts.

Dearest Sabe,

Due to my recent discovery that I have no culinary skills whatsoever and I know nothing about moisture farming, I have thankfully found myself with some available time to write you. I hope you are doing well and that the strain of acting as Senator in Padmé?s place has not become too much for you. Events here in the past few days have been rather overwhelming. Anakin was correct to trust his Force-enhanced vision and insist that we return here for his mother. The good news is that she is married to a very kind, good-hearted moisture farmer and is living happily near the town of Mos Eisley with him and his son. Anakin received directions to her home from his former master and, needless to say, was very pleased to learn that she was doing well. However, the family has been in danger for some time from a tribe of savage beings living near Mos Eisley, known as Tusken Raiders or ?Sandpeople?. Two days ago, while riding into town with Anakin, Mrs. Lars was attacked by these beings and received a concussion and a broken arm. Fortunately Anakin was with her?due to the viciousness of their attack, she probably would have been left for dead were it not for his fighting them off. Anakin of course knew that his vision of his mother?s danger had come to pass, and was left with the horrific realization of what could have happened had we not returned to Tatooine. You would be proud of him, however?he held himself together long enough to use the Force to ease her pain and start her healing process, only allowing his own grief and fear free reign after she was under the care of a healer.

She is currently on bed rest and, I suspect, will be for a few more days. I don?t know when we will be returning to Naboo, darling Sabe; I?m sure it depends on how long Padmé feels she can stay away and how well Anakin?s mother does. I find myself hoping that Padmé will find herself called back to her home planet soon, and that Anakin and I will arrange to join her. Sabe, there are no words to describe how I feel about you. You have probably heard that Jedi do not have relationships. It is true that the Code forbids us to form attachments, but Sabe, darling, forgive me for saying so, but I am already attached. No ancient Code can mandate our feelings; only how we choose to act on them. I find myself almost ashamed to admit that I understand Anakin?s expression that ?dumb rules are made to be broken?, but I also know that I would rather break the Code, even risk expulsion from the Order myself, before I would live my life without knowing your love. I can only hope that you will feel the same, but even if not, I am still,

Yours forever,

I love you,

Obi-Wan

18. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Title: My Valentine
    Author: CrystalKenobi
    Summary: General Kenobi writes a letter to his lady with the peach color eyes, as he waits for his orders that will take him to some war torn planet.
    Author?s note: This is part of several little stories of the lady with the peach color eyes. The first one, that is posted, is in my signature. ( I know peach color eyes are strange but there will be a story that explains it at some point). This letter is inspired by the song called My Valentine. I first heard the song on a Jim Brickman album with Olivia Newton-John singing it a couple of years ago. I was listening to the album a couple of nights ago when the thought struck me that this was a perfect song for the occasion.

My Lady,

This Valentine Day evening, I find myself sitting at a piano bar here on Coransant, waiting for my orders that will take me to some war torn planet. Anakin has asked for some time to spend with Padme this night. He explained to me that a husband is supposed to give his lady roses, and candy and take her to a romantic dinner on this night. I guess I could have done all that, but I?m not one for public display of affection, or even in private it seems. I know that marriage to me has not been a road covered with rose petals. The piano player was playing earlier a song that got my attention. It is a very powerful song that made my heart ache, because I realize that with this war, I may never get a chance to tell you how much you mean to me. So what I decided to do is to write this letter, knowing that it would mean more to you then all the roses, candy or dinners, because it is something from my heart that I could never seem say to you.

If I never get to speak to you again, you will always hear my words spoken in your ears, as you lay asleep and I watch you breathe knowing that every breath you take is the same breath that keeps me alive. If I become cold as the snow on the highest mountain peak, I would still feel your warmth all around me, as you would still feel my warmth, as I lay in bed with you. It seems I?ve waited a life time to have someone show me that even the force allows a cynical, forever obeying the council?s dictations, Jedi master, to love someone with such overwhelming strength. In my thousands of dreams of you, I gaze into your peach color eyes as I give you my heart to hold for all of time. When there is no sunshine during these wars torn days of this crumbling republic, when romance seems to have gone out of existence, you will always have my heart with you.

As the piano player finishes the song he says these last words which I am saying to you for they more than anything say what I wish I could say to you now.

All I need is you my love, my valentine.

Love
    Your General.

PS:
    Here are the words to the song I would
    like to sing to you, on our honeymoon.

If there were no words
    No way to speak
    I would still hear you

If there were no tears
    No way to feel inside
    I?d still feel for you

And even if the sun refuse to shine
    Even if romance ran out of rhyme
    You would still have my heart
    Until the end of time
    You?re all I need
    My love, my valentine

All my life
    I have been waiting for
    All you give to me
    You?ve opened my eyes
    And showed me how to love unselfishly

I?ve dreamed of this a thousand times before
    In my dreams I couldn?t love you more
    I will give you my heart
    Until the end of time
    You?re all I need
    My love, my valentine

And even if the sun refuse to shine
    Even if romance ran out of rhyme
    You would still have the heart
    Until the end of time
    Cuz all I need
    Is You, My valentine

You are all I need
    My love, my valentine.

19. GuerreStellari

GuerreStellari Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 23, 2003
    Thought I'd try my hand at this.

Title: To Tar-Lal, my husband

Author: GuerreStellari

Characters: OCs

Period: During the Clone Wars.

Background: This is a love letter written by Tar-Lal's wife, Salah-Lal. Tar-Lal, a native of Dashmeer, has been stranded on Coruscant for over two years due to intergalactic events (namely, the Clone Wars) which prevent him from returning to his home planet. He is an OC, and his time on Coruscant is actually a backstory to Jedi Exodus, my longer fic.

Enjoy!

Loving husband, Tar-Lal,

I miss you.

Sometimes I feel I can't breathe because I am so lonely. I see your face in little Jeenar. I smell the scent of your clothes, of your hair. I miss your eyes... The house is so empty. Poor Jeenar asks where you are every day. He tells me we must find Papa-ji. "Where is Papa-ji?" I don't know what to tell him, sometimes I just cry.

The Holonet News says the war will continue indefinitely. This makes me so angry! My heart is torn open because of this! How can a wife live without her husband? What have we done to deserve this fate? I asked Nilosh the monk, he says to pray to Iusu for help. I pray to Iusu every day. I light the candles in the temple for you, to keep you safe. I do all this, but nothing brings you back!

I know this is not how I should think. I can see you, with your eyes blue and gold and silver, telling me to remain calm. To breathe. But how can I breathe without you? You are my love, you are my eternal husband. You are the light inside me. I live for you, I live to feel your warm breath against my cheek, to hear your whispers. And now, sometimes, sometimes I can't remember what it feels like - to be kissed, to be loved.

I'm sorry. I'm crying now. I am making life sound miserable, and you always say to be optimistic. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

I love you more than I ever thought possible. I am empty without you. Please respond quickly.

Your wife, who waits for you,

Salah-Lal

20. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Title: Shadow
    Summary: Anakin/Padme vignette
    Author: KrystalBlaze
    Notes: WOAH. I wrote an Anakin/Padme vignette. This is truly a weird and awestriking feeling. It is written in a different fashion. I needed a writing exercise. ;)

-----

Shadow

The candle is burning, a bright spot against a dark background. There is an outline on the wall; it is of a man sitting hunched over a table, fists clenched upon it. He is sitting stiffly, shoulders shaking slightly. There is terror in his posture, in the way his hands clench and unclench, in the way his jaw is tightened on the corners.

A letter lays crumples and torn an inch away from his hand.

My dearest Anakin?

The figure shifts in his seat, shoulders suddenly convulsing as he steps away from the table and to the window. Outside the moon is a shiver of pale and twisted light, revealing a scorch upon the world. Fire rages upon depressions in the ground, shooting balls of hated fire into the crisp air. He turns away from the window, the rage inside matching outside the fire.

How can she do this to him? Hands suddenly reach out, grasping the edge of the chair, tightening. How can she simply write down words and say this to him? How can she rip out his heart? Jaded, wild blue eyes search the table, finding the letter. It is not datapad; no. Old fashioned paper and ink, a rarity. She has chosen to hurt him with words.

I cannot express to you the love I once felt?

Did she no longer feel the love he felt for her? He is hurt, angry and alone. She has always calmed him, her presence like a salve on burned back. She matches his soul, her reasoning casting out his irrational thought. He listens to her, wants to hear her input.

This is not input. Hands pull the chair out, and he seats in it. The candle is dying, the shadow on the wall weakening. It is cold.

I cannot go on like this, living with the monster inside you?

Did she not understand how she complimented his soul? Did she not understand the ache he felt inside when he saw her? Why would she hurt him like this? All he did he did out of love. He wanted her safe. And the Jedi were slaughterers. How could he allow them to live when Sidious told him of their deeds? How could he allow himself to remain one of them?

He sits at the table again, palms spread against cool wood. His foot taps out a nervous beat; he wants to cry. She has stolen his heart away. He must cry.

But to cry is a weakness.

Sith do not cry.

?the monster inside you?

What did she mean? Everything he did- all the pain and the confusion- was for her! For her and chil-

No.

There were no more children.

The children are dead, Anakin. They were born stillborn.

Stillborn. How cold is that word? He shivers, the candles blowing softly with the movement. It is almost out, the wax oozing onto the table, dripping through the cracks and onto the rusted floor. Why is he here? Who is he without her?

?stillborn?

He has no children. She has left him.

He is a ruin of a man, even he knows it. All he has loved is over and gone, never to be gotten again. What can he do against it? She is his life; the life is dead now. Does it matter what he does?

And he answers himself: she doesn?t matter.

But she does.

I am sorry for this, my love. But what can I do? You tore out a piece of me when you fell to the Dark Side. I do not believe you are gone forever, my Ani, but what can I do? I fear you, Anakin. I fear YOU.

She fears him.

Good. She needs to.

The letter is held up and dashes the light. Embers fall softly as the fire destroys the paper.

He stands up, a shadow against a dark background.

He is a shadow now.

I once loved you, Anakin, and I wanted to continue loving you. Know that, Anakin. Know that, at least.

21. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    These are some great stories!

Here's my meagre effort.

*Derisa*

Title: Hopefully Yours
    Author: _Derisa_Ollamhin_
    Summary: 4 years after the establishment of the Empire, a freighter captain send a lady a hopeful letter; she replies, (and a few years later, the Alliance gains by their union).

[b]Hopefully Yours[/b]

Communication R114, log GE 4.02.14 (14:43 ICM)
    Origin: G TRETA 71/D
    Routed through Sys: CORELLIA, relay: CTRPT STN
    Destination: BT SHIPPING, ATTN: Z

[color=darkblue]Zena,

Light, I miss you.

I know, I see you in a week, and I shouldn?t be spending the creds on this transmission, which is why it is text only, but I just had to tell you. Zena: I have found the place at last! I think it?s perfect.

There's a pretty funny story behind it too: it practically fell into my lap. This guy, one of the Sal-Solos, you know how they are, well he?d won it in a bar bet, and had no idea what to do with the place. He owed me some credits? it?s a long story. Anyway, he paid, and I really think I got the better end of the deal. It?s a station, out here near Gus Treta. (71/A/U83) It?s complete and viable.

Okay, I admit, it?s a little run down, but I?ve been spending a lot of time fixing it up, and it looked way worse than it actually was. Now, I know, I?ve been out here a while working on various things, and nothing?s really panned out, aside from the [i]Skate[/i] of course, and she?s half yours. What I want to know is whether you want in on a bigger partnership.

No... that?s not it entirely... Oh boy. Okay. Here it is.

Zena, I know our flirtation over the past couple of years has grown into something more. I am hoping you feel it too.

I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, here at Gus Treta. We can be happy and safe, a little cubbyhole out of sight of the Empire, or at least below thgeir notice. I know we can fix up this place and run it, make it work, just us. Just us two. Well, and any kids that happen along the way.

Wow. Yeah. That?s what I?m talking about.

Zena, I want to marry you? I want you to be my wife. I think we can make this place work, and after the last time we were together and you were talking about getting out of the acting scene, I thought, "Maybe..." I know I'm probably overstepping myself, but please, please give it a thought before you refuse me out of hand.

I have a place for us to go now, and no debts hanging over my head, now that the [i]Skate[/i] is earning her keep. The Empire seems determined to cut into us small frieghthaulers anyway it can, so I?m thinking the time has come for us gypsies to settle down some: if they cut off the shipping entirely, we'll still have something to fall back on.

What do you say? Does an old Corellian serviceman like myself have even a chance?

Oh Light, I can?t believe I just proposed to you over the ?Net! I love you, Zena. I?ll be there in a week, but if you know your answer, don?t keep me waiting too long, okay?

Hopefully yours,

[i]Jagged Antilles[/i][/color]

Communication R114.r1, log GE 4.02.14 (18:21 ICM)
    Origin: CORELLIA (BT SHIPPING, CC)
    Routed through Sys: CORELLIA, relay: CTRPT STN
    Destination: G TRETA 71/D (IFF [i]Pulsar Skate[/i], ATTN: Antilles, J)

[color=purple]Dearest Jag,

Yes! Yes and yes and yes, a thousand times yes! Why didn?t you ever ask before, you big lug? I love you too: I've loved you for years!

Oh wait, of course. You did ask, didn?t you? Followed traditional Corellian practice and asked my nearest male relative for my hand? Hilarious. And that great Wampa-brain told you some sod about you having to prove you could... what? ?Keep me in the style to which I have become accustomed?? I swear... men!

You did ask, you just asked the wrong member of the family: Light above, Jag: this isn?t the Old Republic! All I can say is it?s about time you asked me, and be damned my brother?s overprotective streak (which is admittedly a klick wide, at least). I?d have said yes, you nerf-herder, and then we wouldn?t have ha

22. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    beautiful love letters, crystal and anakins_girl.

~aeryn

23. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    *bites nails* I'm nervous - this is my first challenge entry for anything. It would have to be Valentine's. :p

Title In Memoriam
    Author JediNemesis (i.e. me)
    Genre Sort-of romance, vignette, I don't know.
    Timeframe Somewhere in the ANH/ESB period.
    Characters OCs.

Summary: An Imperial soldier voices his thoughts, reflecting on his life and the girl he loved.

Author's Note: JediPhoenix, if you're reading this - be my Valentine. [face_love]

DISCLAIMER: All named places, things etc. are the exclusive property of George Lucas. The nameless OCs are mine.

[hr]

I?ve been in the Imperial army since I was eighteen, and for all but the first five years of that time I?ve kept her last letter with me. One sheet of paper, a handspan square, yellowed and grubby with time; creased from being tucked into the side of my helmet, smudged, the ink fading into invisibility.

Sometimes I take it out and look at it, and hold it against my cheek. It?s warm from being next to my skin, and soft now from years of rubbing. It?s beginning to fray along the folds and the corners are missing - that?s how long I?ve had it - but I still imagine that there?s something of her left on it, that maybe even after all these years I?ll catch a hint of the scent she used to wear, that always reminded me of where she came from: a kinder world, home to a more innocent people.

Not my world, far from it. I was born on the other side of the galaxy, on a hellhole I was glad to leave as soon as I could.

It had been a mistake, joining the army. I should have known then that the only way you left the Imperial army was either after doing your ten years? service or in a body bag. I did know, actually, now I think about it: I knew, and I didn?t care. When I?d left school, a nothing kid from a nothing family, it seemed like the best option.

Ten years seemed like nothing. I had no plans: I was just another eighteen-year-old, the class loner in my case, tolerated by the others but by no means a friend. I tended to lose - still do - the liking of any normal person by correcting them when they got their facts wrong, by knowing more than they did, and by being cursed with a logical mind. That was what made me an ideal soldier at first; cold, calculating, able to keep a cool head come hell or high water. That was what made me the one on the edge, the awkward loner a little way off from the group, immersed in my own thoughts.

Three years into my term of duty, I met her on leave. She was younger than I was by a year or two, and clever enough for someone twice her age. I can still see her now in my mind?s eye.

Everyone who saw us together said she could have been my sister. Same mop of unruly brown hair, same set to the face, same eyes. I always marvelled at the last one, because looking the way I do, I always thought of my eyes as being about my only unusual feature - they?re a sort of greenish colour, closer to grey than true green, with a hint of hazel in the right light. She had them too, and she fitted them a lot better than I did: maybe it was them that made her smile light up a room.

When I was on duty on the other side of the planet, she?d write every chance she got: long letters from the heart. The last one, the one I?ve kept, is the shortest by far, but all the others seemed like rough drafts in comparison. I can still see the looks the rest of the troop used to give me when we were at breakfast, and whoever was on mail duty dropped a letter beside my plate. They all knew her slightly after a while, and I think some of them wondered how I of all people had managed to find a girl like her. I told them I didn?t know, and they may have believed me or they may not have believed me. Then, I was too busy wondering the same thing myself to care if other people did. All I knew was I had been lucky, extraordinarily lucky, and that I never wanted to have to let her go.

I had to, eventually, but it was never her fault. If anything, it was mine, for joining the army in the first place. If I?

24. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Wow: JediNemesis, that was amazing! A complete story, clear characterisation, and the love letter as integral to the plot as possible, yet without the voyeurism of most interpretations (including my own). Very very well done! Thank you!

*Derisa*

25. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    For the Valentine?s Day The Saga Love Letter Challenge

Title: A Knight & His Lady
    Author: AERYN_SUN
    Summary: Sabé writes to Obi-Wan two days after he has left Naboo. Unknown to her, he'd fallen in love her..

Dear Obi-Wan,

It has been two days since you have left Naboo (far too long to be away from you, in my opinion). The Queen has given me leave since the viceroy of the Trade Federation has been taken to Coruscant for trials. I would like to come to Coruscant but Captain Panaka wants me to stay on Naboo, in case I am needed.

The Queen wishes to extend her thanks to you for your bravery and helping Naboo regain her freedom. I would also like to thank you too and I miss you, Obi-Wan. If you can't come to Naboo, I know the Force will find some way to bring us back together. I really want to see you again. You are my brave knight, and I am your lady.

Sabé

Dear Sabé,

I miss you too. We barely we knew each other but in the short time we spent together, I knew your job as the Queen's decoy came first. I am flattered you still think of me.

I still think of you too. There's so much I wanted to tell you before I left but there was no time. We did not speak those three words to each other but I feel reading your letter, you are hesitant to say them. I must confess, I am not.

I love you Sabé. Traditionally after a Knight has become a Master, he is allowed to take a companion. I haven?t spoken to the Council but if they approve, I want to be bonded with you.

Your Knight,
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

Dear Obi-Wan,

Is bonding the same as marriage? A secret marriage is very romantic. But I know you wouldn't do anything without the approval of the Council. Know I will always be waiting for your return and if they don't say anything, my answer is yes.

Sabé

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.