main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker Fans Unite!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jedi Callie, Mar 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Uh Oh!!!! Trace has gone retro! God, I haven't heard that song in so long. You know, somewhere in my mother's moldy basement, I may still have the Footloose soundtrack on vinyl. Scary, isn't it?

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Wormie: I know! I just realized how much I was dating myself by bringing up that song - LOL!

3. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Well, now I had to go home and listen to my other favorite song by Bonnie Tyler - LOL! And, y'know, parts of it could apply to either of the romantic interests of Luke Skywalker: (was that diplomatic enough? )

from TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART

...Every now and then I know you'll always be the only boy who wanted me the way that I am.
    Every now and then I know there's no one in the universe as magical and wondrous as you,
    Every now and then I know there's nothing any better,
    there's nothing that I just wouldn't do...

OK Wormie - see if you don't walk around the rest of the day singing, "Turn around, bright eyes!"

4. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Back to the subject at hand: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Somebody STOP me!
    Here's a song, that I referenced briefly in another thread, that can apply to Luke or Anakin at the end of RotJ:

Yesterday, you came to lift me up,
    As light as straw and brittle as a bird.
    Today, I weigh less than a shadow on the wall
    Just one more whisper, of a voice unheard.

Tomorrow, leave the window open,
    As fear grows, please hold me in your arms.
    Won't you help me, if you can,
    To shake this anger,
    I need your gentle hands to keep me calm.

(Chorus)
    'Cause I never thought I'd lose,
    I only thought I'd win.
    I never dreamed I'd feel
    This fire beneath my skin
    I can't believe you love me!
    I never thought you'd come.
    I guess I misjudged love
    Between a father and his son.

Things we never said come together
    The hidden truth no longer haunting me.
    Tonight, we touched on things that were never spoken,
    That kind of understanding sets me free!

(Chorus)

--"The Last Song" by Elton John

[This message has been edited by Jedi Trace (edited 05-10-2000).]

5. tudd

tudd Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2000
    Why do you like that pathetic excuse for a life-form Luke Skywalker?

He is such a whining prat. Take for example the scene in "The New Hope" when he sees the Millenium Falcon for the first time. Whilst Obi-Wan stands there completely at ease, Luke (the flid) says in the most pathetic voice ever,

"What a piece of junk!"

GOD!!!! That annoys me!!

Anybody else who does like Luke "Crybaby" Skywalker should watch a whole episode of "Telly Addicts" with cellotape over their mouth so that they had to swallow their own vomit.

6. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    (Groans) Not another one!
    Anyway if we have to keep explaining to you guys who come in here to be annoying. The reason is that Luke is the most handsomest, sensitive, and caring guy in SW.

7. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Sorry Double Post!

[This message has been edited by Neon Star (edited 05-11-2000).]

8. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    tudd: In case you missed it in the title, this is a fan thread. You are more than welcome to voice your opinions, but please take them elsewhere. Thank you.

9. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Trace and Neon Star: thank you!!!! Sorry I couldn't come in to the rescue sooner, but I was having problems connecting with my ISP last night (I didn't know just how dependent I was on the web until I couldn't get on last night LOL!).

Anyhow, tudd, I'd like to reiterate what Trace has said. No one says you have to like Luke, but could you perhaps show us enough respect not to come into our fan thread and make us feel like **** for loving him? Us being Luke fans won't affect you in any way, so I'd sure appreciate it if you could show us enough courtesy to take your opnions elsewhere.

"I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
    Luke Skywalker, Return of the Jedi

10. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Hey guys! You know you can't win against that kind of ignorance and rudeness. Here's how to defeat them at their own game, try a little reverse psychology on the goob. "You know, you're right. He really is a crybaby. We're all going to stop posting here right now. Thank you so much for saving us from our ignorance." Wait one hour, he'll be gone. Or, if you prefer, just ignore him. Fighting head on never wins with toads like him.

Btw Trace, thank you so much. I've had visions of that simi-frightening music video in my head all day! A bunch of people in hoods turn around and they've all got glowing eyes! I tell you, I still shiver when I think about it.

11. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    tudd:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Why do you like that pathetic excuse for a life-form Luke Skywalker?

Why do we like him? Go read the first page of this thread, when everyone here lists why they like him; that'll answer your question for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>]He is such a whining prat.

Oh, and I guessed you've never whined about anything in your entire life.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Take for example the scene in "The New Hope" when he sees the Millenium Falcon for the first time. Whilst Obi-Wan stands there completely at ease, Luke (the flid) says in the most pathetic voice ever,

"What a piece of junk!"

GOD!!!! That annoys me!!

Then stop watching that damn scene if it annoys you! And what's wrong with Luke calling the Falcon a piece of junk? It was a piece of junk. What would you have wanted Luke to say?

And what exactly is a flid anyway?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Anybody else who does like Luke "Crybaby" Skywalker should watch a whole episode of "Telly Addicts" with cellotape over their mouth so that they had to swallow their own vomit.

And anybody who hates Luke Skywalker should take their heads out of their arses and watch the OT for once. Maybe then you'll realize that he isn't as bratty as you think he is.

12. Mara's Blade

Mara's Blade Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2000
    Hi! I'm new to the council and just wanted to say I'm a bit Luke Skywalker fan!!! I think when we first meet him in ROTJ in Jabba's palace he had such a presence we knew he was now a JEDI!!! That was my favorite moment of his.

13. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Hi guys! Taramidala, I think I might try that some time. Anyway, I heard this particular line in a song and I thought that it fit Luke pretty well.The rest of the song didn't seem to fit very well. The song was If that's what it takes and its by Celine Dion. So here they are:

You're the bravest of hearts, you're the strongest of souls.

I know its pretty short so I thought I would add a Luke pic or two with it. I hope you enjoy them.

(images removed)

[This message has been edited by darthcleo (edited 05-29-2000).]

14. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Originally posted by Neon Star: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Taramidala, I think I might try that some time.What did I say? I've lost my mind and I can't remember where I put it. Clarify that for me, my dear?

"T"

15. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Oh dear heavens, someone help me pick my jaw off the floor, because that picture of him in the tank top... Oh my, I am simply speechless...

"I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
    Luke Skywalker, Return of the Jedi

16. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Taramidala, I could have sworn that you had posted a few hours ago and told us that we might try reverse physiology on the Luke haters. But I can't seem to find it. Maybe I am losing my mind.

17. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Oh, okay NS! I get it. Actually that was Wormie who said that.

18. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Originally posted by Jedi Callie: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Oh dear heavens, someone help me pick my jaw off the floor, because that picture of him in the tank top... Oh my, I am simply speechless...So I take it you like that one, huh, Callie? It's all about those muscles and the damp hair. And that bruise under the eye? Just makes you just want to run right over and...AHEM. 'scuse me, ladies. Time to go have uh...pleasant dreams.

MTFBWYA,
    "T"

19. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    OPPS! redface.gif Sorry! I must have accidentally been looking on the first page. Thanks for telling me T. Thanks for the advice Wormie2.

20. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    testing, testing....1,2,3...testing, testing...

21. Pipoli

Pipoli Jedi Master

Feb 14, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jedi15:
    What is your favorite Luke scene?

When he finally gives in to the dark side and starts hacking away at Vader in ROTJ. That scene, accompanied by Williams's kick-*** score, makes it one of the most chilling and powerful scenes in the entire series.

I go with that one and for you who like pics...

(image removed)

He was about to cut Vader's hand and find out he was becoming one in the Dark Side since his failure in Dagobah's cave.

He was about to look his own hand and realize he didn't need to attack to win and to resist the dark side. About to drop his saber and let the chosen one do the rest.

What is your favorite Luke quote?

"I am Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight and friend to Captain Solo" - very confident and the best friend someone can have, that's Luke!

ANH Luke, ESB Luke, ROTJ Luke, or all of the above?

ROTJ! Walking on the edge of the dark side, but coming back and bringing Anakin with him.

That's it!

P.S. - Always thought where would the girls of the JC be....now i know. By the way, I'm a guy.

[This message has been edited by darthcleo (edited 05-29-2000).]

22. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Oh, so NOW it works! mad.gif

23. Jedi Knight Mako

Jedi Knight Mako Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2000
    Here are the names in case you wanna know.
    The lady with the bindi...
    Depa Billaba
    or the Darth Maul race guy...
    Eeth Koth
    or that scruffy looking doggy guy...
    Oppo Rancisis
    or the minotaur upside down horns guy...
    Saesee Tiin
    or the alien from close encounters guy...
    ???? What's close encounters?
    or the pink skinned yoda looking guy...
    Even Piell
    or...(and here is probably my fave) the
    evil looking insect headed wearing a big mask looking guy...
    Plo Koon

BTW, MrPPV, who's Aki?

[This message has been edited by Jedi Knight Mako (edited 05-26-2000).]

24. Obi Wan Murrow

Obi Wan Murrow Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 1999
    I think the Close Encounters guy is Yarael Poof (Q-Tip Head) who is my first choice for "going plastic."

The official site says one of Yarael Poof's jedi powers is the ability to drive an opponent insane with his own fears.

Neato.

OWM

25. Lady Luke Skywalker

Lady Luke Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 1999
    *comes out of lurking mode with a sheepish grin* Hi! Wow, I've been gone for a LONG time! Last time I was here, there were only three pages!

Well, as far as the topics at hand, I'd have to say that I don't believe that Luke would have gone to the dark side, but that's my own opinion. I can see both sides of the issue, as they were explored throughorly (I can NEVER spell that word correctly, grr!) and very intelligently. However, I still don't think he'd go back. I think he did have a major struggle during ROTJ, particualrly in that really great cinematographic (is that a word? I'm REALLY tired. . .) moment during the final sabre duel with Darth where he has the blue light on one side of his face and the black on the other. (Do you know what I'm talking about?) Anyway, that's just my two cents. Thanks for the "thinker" moment!

Also, I feel sorry for those who think they have to be rude and annoying to feel better about themselves. That just shows how weak they are as people. Let us remember not to be like them! (Not saying that we are, I think the situation was handled excellently! It's just nice to run into those types every once in a while to remind myself how NOT to be.)

WEll, I'm sure I have more to say, but I shan't bore you with it.

Pleasant dreams, everyone!! (I know I will, with all those pics. you wonderful people keep posting!! )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.