main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Luke Skywalker's Diary (After LOTF. L/M. Angst) *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by haleyskywalker2, Sep 7, 2012.

1. haleyskywalker2

haleyskywalker2 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 25, 2010
    Title: Luke Skywalker’s Diary
    Characters: Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade, Ben Skywalker, and more.
    Genre: Angst, Romance, Hurt/Comfort.
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars, George Lucas does.
    Notes: This story goes away from the books just a little bit.

Dear My Love, Mara,

It has been four wearisome years since your death. I have missed you greatly, but I will only mourn for you during the appropriate times. You were always strong and brave. I had never imagined that I would lose you to the blade of a Sith. I will never forget the day of your death. I was in my X-Wing flying toward my destination when I felt our strong and unbreakable force-connection vanish. The feeling of our bond that has been in for over twenty years felt like a hundred bulky stones were laid on top of my chest, and I couldn’t breathe. There was emptiness inside of my heart. I was in utter shock. When I finally reached my new destination wherever your body was, I saw our sixteen year-old son, Ben, holding your body in his arms. Our son had an unmoved expression plastered on his young face. I walked colder toward your cold, pale body, and I could feel my knees buckle underneath my weight. I did not fall. If our son could be this strong with your death, then I could do the same. Jacen Solo, your murdered, was standing behind our son with a despairing expression on his hard face. I should have known that he was faking. I ordered to have your body wrapped in lines, and stored in a freezing room to preserve your dead body until I have found your murderer. I vowed from that day on to find the man or woman who poisoned and stabbed the gorgeous woman that I have loved. Until then, I will not mourn your death. I started my search, but I realized I was searching in the wrong direction when it was too late. Ben had been constructing his own search which all evidence led to Jacen Solo, but I selfishly refused to believe that conclusion. Instead, I went after the lady Sith, Lumiya. I should have recognized her plan from the beginning, but I was too blinded by hatred and revenge. Lumiya had tricked me into believing that she killed my love. I tracked her, and sought to bring her into custody, but instead she wanted to duel me until her death. We dueled on top of a medium-sized mountain. Our lightsabers collided, and with each slash both our lightsabers sizzled. The dual was intense, but it was also an easy win. We got to edge, and she nearly fell down the side of the mountain. She dropped her lightsaber as I grabbed her hand. I risked a glance over her shoulder to see the lightsaber shatter on the ground below. I looked her in the eyes for the last time as I whispered; “You killed my wife, and have harmed my family.” I let her hand go, and watched as she plummeted to her death below.
    I killed her out of anger for killing the one I loved the most, but it wasn’t the Jedi way.

Love,
    Your husband, Luke.
    A/N: I hope you enjoyed this one-shot. Please review!​

prj1 likes this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    :_| Very in-character for Luke at that time, BUT SOOO SAD! WAH!!

3. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    :( [face_worried] :_| Why did I read this? It was exceedingly well-written, but...ouch!=((

4. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    :_|So sad.

5. haleyskywalker2

haleyskywalker2 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 25, 2010
    Thank you for the reviews. This chapter was written for a paper in English class, but I decided to make it into a fan fiction. Glad you all enjoyed it. I am actually thinking about continuing this story which wasn't my original plan.
    :)
    It has been a while since I have written a story, and it has been a while since I have been on a fan fiction website. Definitely will be catching up on stories soon.

prj1 likes this.
  6. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Wonder writing, I really enjoyed this.

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Haley, good to see you!

Beautiful, even if heart-wrenching piece. Well done.