main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Lumiya: The Missing Years

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vialco, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Shira Élan Colla Brie, better known as Lumiya had a long and decorated career as the self-proclaimed Dark Lady of the Sith. But there are decades of unknown activity in her life. After meeting Vergere in 26 ABY, Lumiya and the Fosh agreed that their best hope for a resurgent Sith Empire lay in Jacen Solo. To execute this long-term strategy, Vergere returned to the Vong around 27 ABY, and after successfully completing the first phase of Jacen's induction to an alternative Force philosophy, she died at Ebaq 9, around 28 ABY.

After that, Jacen went on to win the war, and after that, in 30 ABY, the future Sith Lord went on to travel the Galaxy for 5 years and learn the Force traditions of many different group. After returning to the Jedi in 35 ABY, Jacen took Ben Skywalker as his apprentice and remained a Jedi until 40 ABY, at which point he was finally approached by Lumiya who completed his training in the ways of the Sith. However a question that lies in this is what Lumiya was doing for 13 years.

Vergere returned to the Vong in 27 ABY, and Lumiya approached Jacen in 40 ABY. For thirteen years Lumiya did seemingly nothing. What was the Dark Lady up to for over a decade? Surely she didn't remain idle for over a dozen years?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    You make it sound almost like brining her back the way it was done was not very well handled our planned out.
    [​IMG]

3. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    She was busy concocting that big fat lie she sold to Jacen - it took her long to convince herself it was the truth so Jacen couldn't detect the lie. She was probably drunk and high as pants all those years, talking to herself about how "Vergere was a Sith, yeah she was definitely Sith, no question about it man, we'll totally create a new order and bring down Luke's nephew, that'll teach him to reject us ". As for Jacen? The time spent with Akanah really damaged his Int and Wis.

4. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I finally got around to reading the original Marvels, so now I know who this is. Eventually I'll perhaps get around to reading NJO and beyond so she becomes relevant again.

I will say the original Marvels were better than I was expecting. Once we got past ESB at least.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well managing the resources that were funnelled to Sal-Solo's secret fleet would have taken time, including how long it would take to work on said fleet. Most of the plan required preparation.

By the time 40 ABY hits, the war is an almost foregone conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vialco and ArindaRise like this.
  6. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Some of the best things ever happened there. I'm serious.

ArindaRise and Jeff_Ferguson like this.
  7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Every time I see this thread's title I think it's an announcement for a new story of some kind a la Skyewalkers.

AdmiralWesJanson likes this.
  8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Just dropping in to say that I keep reading the thread title as "Lugija: The Missing Years".

Darth_Garak, Lugija and Gorefiend like this.
  9. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Those must have been some years, because I don't even remember having any missing years.
    Except the ones in the beginning of the 90's, of course. I must have done some quite embarrassing things because I have completely blocked those memories out. Could be that I was planning to turn people to the dark side.