main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I binged the whole thing a couple of months back and I’d say it’s probably one of the most charming, heartfelt series I’ve ever seen. It’s so beautifully crafted and Frieren herself is just a delight.

Ghost and Vthuil like this.
  2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Ditto, except I largely saw it from the beginning (which is pretty rare in the era of binge-streaming).

SyndicThrass and Ghost like this.
  3. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I was watching videos of Masters of the Teras Kasi and the versus more of ROTS a few days ago and it just made me think what a waste it kind of is that Star Wars doesn't just have an all eras fighting game. Even if it were just Jedi vs Sith.

Matching up combatants across the timeline would be so fun.

FS26, MercenaryAce and darklordoftech like this.
  4. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    That is something I have been thinking of a lot, ever since there star wars - soul calibur back in the day.

Especially nowadays where the Disney movies and shows bringing in a lot more cool melee weapons - the first order baton, Enyfs Nest's elctro-ripper staff, Dryden Vos' Kyuzo petars, beskar spear, everything used by the elite praetorian guard and knights of ren, laser axe, flaming nightsister sickles so and etc.

I have honestly spent way too much time and effort into designing a star wars fighting game that will never be.

5. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I think it could be done without needing any sort of story excuse by framing it as some kind of in universe holo game, like Galaxy of Heroes, if they are really concerned with keeping canon. Otherwise I say just let it be a fun time. Let me put Snoke against C'Baoth, Kylo vs Caedus.

Vthuil, FS26 and MercenaryAce like this.
  6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Hmmm....never really thought about it like that. I can see the appeal.

But still I have a lot of fun designing a full cast of new characters* - ala Star Wars Hunters - with a backstory of an underground fighting ring (possibly for force sensitives like the one from that one Maul comic) and a big emphasize on custom character creation in the style of Soul Calibur.

*Maybe include some of the Gladiators that fought Ventress in 2d clone wars, because there were some fun designs there.

Gamiel likes this.
  7. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 28, 2022
    I've gotten really into Ranma 1/2 the last month or so

Gamiel and MercenaryAce like this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 10

Jul 19, 1999
    Huh, 50,000 posts hit.

9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Congrats and/or condolences.

MercenaryAce and Jedi Ben like this.
  10. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Re-reading Jedi Apprentice, not sure why, but Xanatos reminds me of this guy:
    [​IMG]

Gamiel, Dawud786 and MercenaryAce like this.
  11. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I sometimes think about how the trilogy of trilogies of the Skywalker Saga is sort of vaguely similar to the 3 Ages of Middle Earth.

I guess to be a little more specific, the PT and OT track sort of similarly in theme to the Second Age. Sauron seeing his representation in both Darth Sidious and more generally the Sith Order. The millenia of th GFFA before is somewhat like the First Age of Middle-Earth, the Sith being akin to Morgoth.

It's a little strained, but I'm not trying to get to one-to-one parallels so much as the general narrative of their respective conflicts. First Age Wars against Morgoth = Sith Wars; Second Age deceptions and rise of Sauron, fall of Numenor = rise of the Sith, Clone Wars, fall of the Jedi;
    End of the Second Age and Last Alliance = Rebellion and fall of the Empire. Third Age and War of the Ring = rise of the New Republic and war against the First Order, Return of Sidious and the Final Order.

12. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
  13. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 28, 2022
    RIP James Earl Jones and John Cassaday

Gamiel and darklordoftech like this.
  14. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...wait, JEJ was 93?

Rather incredible that he did all of his post-Disney work as Vader in his 80s. We will not see his like again anytime soon.

15. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    I
    I am not sure if the Vader voice from Kenobi was in fact him or if it was Hayden's voice with a deepfake Jones filter, i heard both accounts but the credits from the series doesn't specify anything, is there any information regarding this in the behind the scenes?

Because if that was his last work as Vader it's a great way to go out, since it's probably my favorite iteration of live-action Vader, it was also merely 2 years before his death, he would be 91 at the time.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2024 at 4:34 PM
  16. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
  17. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Peter Reneday, most well known as Splinter in TMNT 1987, passed away this week as well. He was Exar Kun in the audio drama of TOTJ-DLOTS.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2024 at 8:53 PM
    Jedi Ben, Gamiel and darklordoftech like this.
  18. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 10

Jul 19, 1999