main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
  2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    How could you spoil that the Joker is Luke's father?;)

3. Palpatine77

Palpatine77 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2010
    You know, for some reason I can't explain it actually makes me giddy at the idea of seeing Luke on Coruscant, which I thnk is a given in Episode 7.

4. Vicious Jedi

Nov 1, 2012
  5. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    So I guess jedinews is now speculating that since Mark and Carrie aren't there filming yet and filming has been going on a few weeks already that they might not be in much of the film? Huh? You have a 4-5 month shoot, they are not there for first three weeks and all of the sudden that proves they have mere cameos???

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    forget Jedinews, so because Mark is doing a Disney sponsored event that means he has a small role in VII (really?), the only actors rumored to have filmed anything are Boyega and Ridley, so that means according to their logic that everybody else has a supporting/smaller role.

VMeran, Claire1976 and jedinightwing like this.
  7. Master Raze Golladio

Master Raze Golladio Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2014
    Totally agree with you, but I can't help but wonder if he'll be some benevolent Emperor-type character, or a VIP version of Obi-Wan (think "crazy old wizard", but with official offices and assistants) whilst Leia and Han head up the new Republic. Either way, it'll be so refreshing to have some good acting in a SW movie again after that car crash of acting quality that made up the PT, save for Ian McDiarmid....

Darth Lurker likes this.
  8. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    You realize that OT was ridiculed by everyone at the time for some really crappy acting too right?

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Just a thought - since there is a lot more 'noise' than usual... PT 'Bashing' is sooooooooooooooooooo 2002.... :rolleyes:

I think we need (If we don't have one) a 'mash up' thread - some seriously talented PS people about to make some potentially lovely images from the whole saga...

10. Vicious Jedi

Nov 1, 2012
  11. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Let's see it! Fan art thread!

T-R- and DarthBreezy like this.
  12. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001

Yeah, that kind of speculation is just nonsense. If Mark and Carrie were only cameos, I don't think they would have spent the money and effort hiring them trainers. Not to mention a much more legit news source - Entertainment Weekly - said all three of the trio would have significant roles.

So we have no need to worry. There will be a lot of Master Skywalker! ;)

13. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    This has been a great week to be a Star Wars fan I mean every day this week we got some snippet of information not much but enugh to get us excited. I haven't been this excited about Star Wars in a long time, I'm very excited about Mark Hamill returning as Luke, these new pics of him are just great. I was never a fan of bearded Luke whenever I saw a fan made poster where Luke had a beard I just thought it looked terrible I wanted him clean cut. But now that I've actually seen what he'll look like in Episode 7 It just looks right That's Jedi Master Luke Skywalker right there.

watching these videos it feels like a home coming I mean this is where he belongs you know I wish I could be there he seems like a cool guy, I'm just really excited about Luke coming back it's like seeing an old friend again for the first time in years and you just want to talk to him and ask him what he's been up to all this time and what he plans to do in the future. I grew up watching Star Wars I grew up reading stories about Luke in a way I grew up with him I never realized till now how much I looked up to this character sorry for the long rant but I cannot wait for episode 7 I think I'll start posting here a lot more now these will be days long remembered.

Vastor, T-R- and Adi_Gallia_9 like this.
  14. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013

I'd be eager to hang out at Toche Station all the time, too:

[​IMG]

VMeran, Jobertus, dolphin and 6 others like this.
  15. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    That's why Episode VII is going back to Tatooine... Luke still needs those power converters!

VMeran, GunganSlayer and Palpatine77 like this.
  16. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Star Wars Episode VII: Return of the Power Converters

VMeran likes this.
  17. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    This is awesome. Wish I could have been there for it.

VMeran, markdeez and FRAGWAGON like this.
  18. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Cargo pants are not just a pat of Luke's history but many kids of the 80's, including me.

19. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004

Source?

Vicious Jedi and jedinightwing like this.
  20. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    No doubt! Through most of the 80's I didn't even own a pair of jeans! Only Cargo pants!

jedinightwing likes this.
  21. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Totally! Cargo pants all the way. I remember they came in every possible color.

I hope Luke will wear better clothes than those boring Jedi robes. Seriously.

markdeez and Satipo like this.
  22. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I wonder if 35 years later Luke and Leia still fidget and get uncomfortable around each other because of the kiss that happened before they found out they were siblings. :p

Jedi Knight Fett and VMeran like this.
  23. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    I assume we all noticed Mark mention how he can't grow his beard fast enough, and you know what that means...

Luke Skywalker: Confirmed for beard in episode 7!

24. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Just heard. Above is my reaction. :_| I'm extremely disappointed by this. Sorry, but I can't help it. I'm not very fond of beards (and I prefer my Skywalkers to be clean-shaven). :(

ChildOfWinds and T-R- like this.
  25. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Vicious Jedi Firstly thank you so so much for posting Mark's talk --- at 14:00 or so when he discusses how to say Leia and Han's names - I nearly fell out of my chair to George's answer to Hamill.

VMeran, T-R- and jedinightwing like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.