main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel Star Wars: General News & Trades Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    In before he has a to fight a vong in a cage match

2. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Finally got around to reading the Revelations one shot (really need to get caught up on the comics (and the books for that matter as well but the comics pile up a lot faster so need to focus on that first)).

Was fine but I thought they were going to hint to what was coming after all these current series. But instead it was mainly just talking about the future of the current series going on.

Makes sense though. If that issue was released in December 2023 and they aren't going to relaunch the Star Wars line of comics until probably early 2025 they probably didn't even have the stories that those future series would tell completely nailed down yet.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  3. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    So what do you think will come next? With Vader I'm not sure where you can go. This run is between TESB and ROTJ so we've nearing an end. I don't know what past years are left (I'm sure there are), but I doubt they'll abandon him. As for SW...do you think a post ROTJ series?

4. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    I would imagine the main Star Wars line will move to the post RotJ to pre-Jakku time period. They made references to us getting more Aphra so chances are likely she will get another series.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    So, Saber-for-Hire is out, and Cavan Scott gives some behind the scene info:

"Ty is having a ball, earning credits by slaughtering monsters and smashing Nihil scav-droids whenever she has a chance. She has no responsibilities and no Jedi breathing down her neck. And where would a monster hunter be without a big ol' monster. Eagle-eyed fans may recognize that tentacled nightmare. It's inspired by concept art designed for Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith by Sang Jun Lee. In the comic, we give it a name - a Trilark!"

Though interestingly this concept was already given a name - the Sher Kar, which appeared in star wars galaxies on Mustafar. Whoops - guess we got another knobby white spider situation.

We also get some kind of energy flail weapon - I assume that is the plasma mace mentioned in the comic, but it is possible it is not.

Weird looking local species there. No name or anything, but also nice to see some non-humanoids.

Overall a good start, should be interesting to see where things go from here.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The best price I was able to nab the Gillen-Pak Omnibus for was £66.34, at SpeedyHen.

It is a six trade collection, so while high price, each of those paperbacks could be £11 or more, unless bought second-hand.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2024
  7. IG_2000

IG_2000 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    This has been a problem even during the original EU days, but I’m catching up on SW 2020 and I swear NOBODY can write Leia properly. I can never imagine the dialogue coming out of Carrie Fisher’s mouth. Always long winded speeches and melodramatic dialogue when she was never like that in the movies.

8. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I see what you mean, but I look past it. The movies didn't have the room to do that, JMO though.

9. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Yeah just view it like this that we got just very small glimpses of the characters during the movies. Considering a lot of the scenes Leia got in the movies just focused on her being Han's love interest we shouldn't put to much focus on that.

10. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    There’s an entire page where she gives a long monologue to Kes Dameron about Hoth being cold as ice and the fire in Han’s heart keeping her warm and just as the Rebels were once lost in the cold, Han is out there frozen in carbonite and she is lost without him.

Just didnt feel right

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
    Barriss_Coffee and SyndicThrass like this.
  11. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Anyway, minus that bit of negativity which isn’t exactly directed at Charles Soule but more of a general EU thing:

I’m fully caught up on the 2020 series now, and I actually like it a lot! I was bitter about the flagrant discarding of Shadows of the Empire while teasing Black Sun and Xizor, but enjoyable by itself and maybe slightly feasible to fit Shadows into it even if it makes that one year time gap even more absurd.

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm still confused why a SOTE shot of Dash was in one of the montage "coming soon" displays during a Celebration gig a few years ago. I'm not ecstatic about SOTE or anything, but if you're going to keep foreshadowing it in the ads, at least give us more than an occasional Xizor name-drop.

Foreshadowing. Hmmm. Foreshadows of the Empire.

nvm I will see myself out.

KirKanosForever likes this.
  13. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    I still find it funny that the smallest amount of time between movies somehow has the longest Vader ongoing

14. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe they want to extend it as mutch as possible because its the last for a good while.

15. clonegeek

Oct 28, 2022
    With the ongoings all wrapping on in the next few months,

Who do you guys think will be the next crop of writers to take over a Star Wars comic?

16. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    I don’t know what he’s up to now but I assume Donny Cates at some point.

17. clonegeek

Oct 28, 2022
    Um, no. Donny Cates isn't working at Marvel anymore for a variety of reasons. His career is basically over for the moment.

I think Star Wars is going to get stuck with somebody like Dan Slott. The Star Wars ongoings getting Marvel's A-list writers is the rearview window

Jedi Ben likes this.
  18. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Charles Soulle has said he is working on a new Star Wars project for Marvel but he obviously isn't allowed yet to say what it is.

19. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Wait what? I’ve been out of the loop for a couple years

20. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Donny Cates had a double whammy of his wife leaving him and then shortly afterwards was in a car accident and suffered brain damage. He’s lost months worth of memories and is currently dealing with all that.

He had to be taken off his Hulk and Ultimate Marvel relaunches because of it.

21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, it"s s shame what happened to Cates.

I'm hoping he csn finidh Redneck, as that was on its endgame but 50-50 odds at best.

22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    So is the Darth Vader series and the Star Wars on going, going to be cancelled after issue 50?

23. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Ending and start of a new phase.

24. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Yeah it's not anymore cancelled than the post ANH series was. Not sure why people like to throw around the word cancelled.

25. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Please not another Vader series.

If Anakin stars in another ongoing, his time as an apprentice to Obiwan pre Clone Wars is far better then just more Vader.

I’m hoping we also get post RoTJ series.

Set either in the final year of the Galactic Civil War. See Luke training Leia, etc….

Or jump ahead some years to Luke and his Academy.