main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by TheMoldyCrow, Dec 3, 2016.

1. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    After a week of rumors about a fourth MVC title appearing at PSX, we finally have confirmation.

This new MVC title is said to be a reboot of the series, and will go back to the 2v2 play style of the original game. The X-men and Fantastic Four are also rumored to be absent from the game, due to Marvel's ban on the characters appearing in merchandise. Confirmed characters include Captain America, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Ryu, and Mega Man X.

Anyone here excited for a new Marvel vs. Capcom?

heels1785 likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Oh, yes. And actual game footage should be out tonight. Cannot wait.

One more tidbit of note - Ultimate MvC 3 is out today for PS4, and will be available on XBONE and PC in March of 2017.

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  3. TheMoldyCrow

Jun 16, 2015
    Yeah, forgot to mention that bit. ESPN is also supposedly airing an extended trailer during their coverage of Capcom Cup tomorrow.

heels1785 likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    You been watching Capcom Cup?

Yesterday was a bloodbath - Infiltration, Daigo Umehara, Gamerbee, and Justin Wong all eliminated early. United States actually having a fairly respectable showing.

I'm a huge fan of watching fighting games, but am exceptionally poor at playing them. :p

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  5. TheMoldyCrow

Jun 16, 2015
    lol Same here. I've been watching Capcom Cup as well, and it's been pretty great so far.

heels1785 likes this.
  6. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    At least Capcom seems to have learned a bit, considering one of the first characters they showed was Mega Man X (even if he was losing, I hope they include several of his Ultimate Armors as moves), after the uproar at no proper Mega Man in either MvC 3/Ultimate. Not to mention Capcom generally ignoring Mega Man or only milking cameo appearances (look, a Mega Man helmet in an unrelated game :rolleyes: ). I might actually get this game just to play as X. Though Zero will probably still be in there too.

Too bad there probably won't be any X-men characters (except for probably Wolverine and maybe Beast, as they count more as Avengers), as Marvel is trying to bury that franchise. I expect plenty of Inhumans as they keep trying to replace the X-men with them (and they're really pushing that franchise, but not sure if its working so far).

7. TheMoldyCrow

Jun 16, 2015
    I'm also really glad X is going to be playable here. I hope the Mega Man series in general gets a better representation here than in Marvel 3.

EDIT: Here's the gameplay trailer that just dropped. Looks pretty good to me!

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Who is the girl in the footage? Is that supposed to be Captain Marvel? She hasn't been in any of these games before, right?

9. TheMoldyCrow

Jun 16, 2015
    Yeah, it's Captain Marvel, and it's also her debut in the series. Her and X are supposed to have a big role in the story according to an interview about the game.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    From what I've heard, the Infinity Stones are replacing X-Factor, and you choose which one your team of two will use prior to the match.

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  11. TheMoldyCrow

Jun 16, 2015
    Extended gameplay trailer out now, shows off Captain America and Morrigan.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I loved Morrigan from the Darkstalkers game.

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    This just reminds me that I really need to get around to playing MVC3 since I had been looking forward to that game for quite awhile...

As for this one. Not having a number in the title doesn't feel right ;). Also, it'll be weird to not have any X-Men, if those rumors are true. Especially since Wolverine, Magneto and Juggernaut were among my main team members in MVC2...

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  14. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    No X-Men no fun.

Really, this pissed me off in a way I couldnt possibly express. Not just because I'm a huge X-Men fan, also bc the whole series started out with X-Men x Street Fighter and people love and play competitive with those characters.

This anti X-Men and pro MCU thing really pisses me off.

15. TheMoldyCrow

Jun 16, 2015
    It is disappointing, but I get why Marvel is doing it the way they are. The X-men, as well as the Fantastic Four, are pretty much irrelevant in the Marvel brand nowadays. However, I believe there is a rumor that X-men and F4 characters are already planned for DLC in the game.

16. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    Well, a DLC is better than nothing.

TheMoldyCrow likes this.