main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel's Bounty Hunters (March 2020)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darthzac14, Dec 11, 2019.

1. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Want.

TiniTinyTony and mnjedi like this.
  3. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    This is truly the Golden Age of Valance.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  4. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    More Valance! [​IMG]

I think SW.com edited the title and article since publishing it. It now says "an ongoing series"!

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  5. Old Rex

Old Rex Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 28, 2015
    It is indeed an Ongoing series. Author Ethan Sacks clarified that on his Twitter.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Oh my god they remembered boba Fett

7. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    Not complaining, but am I the only one who finds the Valance renaissance a little odd?

Sinrebirth , PimpBacca and darthzac14 like this.
  8. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Valance is love Valance is life

9. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    It's right up there with the Jaxxon renaissance going on over in the IDW comics. Honestly I think both Valance and Jaxxon, iconic characters from the classic Marvel series, are part of a larger general trend of nostalgia for that series - witness also Marvel #108, the recent spate of True Believers reprints, the facsimile edition of #1, and other examples. No complaints from this corner, in fact I'm hoping the Nagai make a similar resurgence in canon.*

*It's okay if the Tofs stay home this time though

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    It’s interesting to me that we’ll now have what appears to be four ongoing comics, all of which are set between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Could we see a four-way crossover at some point down the line?

11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Cool stuff.

12. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    Nagai,Plif or Lumiya are next

Late spring early Summer I'd expect a crossover of all 4 . they'd bill it as the Summer Event of the season for Star Wars while marvel line proper will have x-men or a big Spiderman event

13. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    I suppose it makes sense that Marvel would prefer to use in-house creations like Jaxxon and Valance over other stuff, especially when they had been invented by legends like Roy Thomas and Archie Goodwin. Valance also slots easily into canon because of his droid hatred, which I see as a holdover from Dune's influence on the early comics, and now with the nature of the Clone Wars having been revealed I guess it works out better.

I also distinctly remember a lot of ridicule for the original Marvel run, especially towards Jaxxon... ironic.

Tython Awakening and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Lumiya when?

15. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    soon

BigAl6ft6 and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Since this will be an ongoing one with maybe 25-40 issues and got between ESB and ROTJ. I wonder if they deal what goes on in the underworld and maybe finally canonize Prince Xixor as the leader of black sun. give something that canons something from shadows of empire. I love to see Dash Rendar here, be perfect for him. I hope we see no movie character here and only characters from other media. This is best way to canonize legends criminal characters, I bet Valance and Boba Fett will clash a few times, i wonder if only those three are the team or if they will add two more members

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. darthzac14

Nov 8, 2012
    There are some bounty hunters that have been introduced in The Mandalorian
    The Mandalorian himself, Greef Karga, IG-11, Fennec Shand, Bill Burr('s character) and more

18. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Valance is already my favorite bounty hunter (haven't seen the Mandalorian mind you). So I definitely enjoy seeing more of him.

19. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Fennec Shand and Greef Karga aren't bounty hunters as far as we know. Greef might've very well started out as one though.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I would classify Karga as a bounty hunter, in that he heads the guild, and personally went after The Mandalorian after he stole The Child (would be nice if some of you finally got names, guys). He might not be as active as the others, but it seems he still is willing to get his hands dirty sometimes.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    Rendar has a chance being in this since he made his come back in tales from vandor

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  22. MarcelloF91

MarcelloF91 Jedi Knight

Jul 9, 2015
    Ugh, more Valance? What is up with Marvel's love for this character? He's bad in both design and character >_> So many cool bounty hunters in Star Wars, and they just keep making more of Valance.

Heck, I'd have been happier it being just Boba and Bossk, since they have the long history with Bossk knowing Boba since he was a kid.

Hopefully this is a rotating cast and Valance is just there for the first arc, but it doesn't sound like it :confused:

23. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    Marvel Loves their Valance they always have since they made him .

24. darthzac14

Nov 8, 2012
    Bill Burr portrays a sharpshooter named Mayfeld and
    former Imperial

So probably not to be in this series

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Boba! I've missed you so! There's this fella dressed up like you all hogging up the spotlight we need the OG.

Probably post ESB, maybe Han will be hanging in Slave I's storage compartment the whole time. Also Boba-centric post ESB definitely gives this a Shadows of the Empire comic vibe.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    Darth Corydon likes this.