main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Daredevil (Born Again, Again, Being Filmed Again)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I sense much sarcasm in your post. So, sucker! That time you spent reading my post is time you'll never get back. I look forward stealing more time from you.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I gotta be honest, I am a mite disappointed if Season 1 is all just Matt in the S1 "Man Without Fear" black ninja crimefighter outfit. But we have gotten a full season plus 8 eps and 1 S1 finale of the Daredevil classic outfit so hopefully it'll be back.

3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    My god, this season is good. Currently on episode 10. Excellent new villain, with great backstory. One of my favourite comic book baddies. So glad with how they’ve been introduced.

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Seven in myself. Episode 4....

5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Holy crap, this season...

They...they used the Mass Effect 3 "Leaving Earth" theme for the series recap. Yeah, this season is gonna be dark, I get it, but jeez.

******* Bullseye! Wow.

S1: "Hey guys, what did you think of my long take hallway fight scene?"

S3: "Heh. Hold my beer."

I get the feeling that Karen's fate is pretty much sealed at this point.

You know, quite frankly, I won't lament Iron Fist, Luke and Jessica getting the axe as long as better series like DD and even Punisher get the start treatment in all departments. Yes, I'm biased and I don't care. I just hope that things don't go off rails before this season is wrapped up.

6. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Just started the new season. If they can avoid any courtroom trial scenes then I'll count this season as a win, but it amuses me that the show has the same understanding of how journalism and the FBI work as previous seasons demonstrated for how trial process works. The show is iconic in how it showcases "jobs grownups have" as imagined by an 11 year old.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    yankee8255 and Random Comments like this.
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

holy **** you're right. nice!

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I binged the entire season three over the weekend.

soitscometothis likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    only watched the 1st ep when it went live. I liked it a lot but I think Charlie Cox still mutters to damn much. "Mumble mumble, Karen. Mumble mumble, Fisk. Mumble mumble, the Devil of Hell's Kitchen." Speak up, Matt!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  10. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Well to be fair I don't think they set the audio to work with people whose hearing has been ravaged by not wearing ear protectors as they fired shotguns into the wrecks of cars on their front lawns, and by "diabeetus".

I'm 6 episodes in, and really enjoying the slowburn pace of the season. Matt, having spent time recovering prior to the season's start, has clearly lost a step physically. He's less capable in fights than he was before, and that makes him vulnerable in an interesting way.

Foggy remains the real heart of the show too.

But highlight was obviously the prison scene.

yankee8255, Diggy and heels1785 like this.
  11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  12. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Not being a comic book guy, "perfect marksmanship and the ability to turn anything into a precision projectile"seems like a fun and novel superpower. I approve! This guy has the Ken Seal of Approval, which obviously means a lot to me - the act of conferring it. You don't have to be as excited about it as I am.

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I'd be more impressed if that paragraph was a oner.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    From Business Insider:

Interest in Netflix's 'Luke Cage' and 'Iron Fist' dropped dramatically over time, and its other Marvel shows could also be in trouble

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Ugh. Just when I heap praise on this season, the writers make me lose faith by having Karen do the most mind-numbingly stupid thing ever. I mean, if she's feeling suicidal, that's understandable I guess. Maybe. But ffs if it's still a dumb AF thing to do.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    keep watching.

heels1785 likes this.
  17. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I thought this season was excellent, apart from a few really clunky bits in the final episode which made me wince.
    The worst being the terribly unconvincing sequence where the police captain says "that's not the real Daredevil" when they find Bullseye, then points to DD casually (and very conveniently) walking into shot and out a door whilst the cops just stand there and watch. He might as well have said "well that wraps up this case!" It was Saturday morning cartoon stuff.

The actors really gave their all for this, no one phoned in a performance. Charlie Cox does such a good job of being Matt Murdock I completely forget Matt should be at least six foot and have red hair - I certainly would never have picked Cox for Matt Murdock in a million years, even being a big fan of Stardust, so his success in this continues to surprise me. D'Onofrio's Kingpin is a totally different monster than his comic-book counterpart, awkward, damaged and really believable as a person, he's just uncomfortable to watch in the best way. Deborah Ann Woll got time to shine, especially in the Karren Page-centric episode, and though I liked her in True Blood, I think she's really upped her game here. Both Jai Ali and William Bethel were fantastic additions to this season's cast, and the writing for their characters was really good too.

Overall this might well be the best Netflix Marvel season yet.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    For me the best is either this or DD Season 1.

19. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    They put in a real effort to recapture the magic of season one, about 75% successful, imho, at least through the first 10 episodes. D'Onofrio made a big difference. I haven't seen the final episode yet. Maybe this weekend.

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm just going to reiterate my thoughts from a couple of pages ago regarding my feelings season three of Daredevil after watching all of the episodes.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    soitscometothis likes this.
  21. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    to be fair Daredevil has, relative to the other Netflix Marvel characters, exponentially better source material to work from. Adapting Born Again into the season arc means they have access to Modestly Sane Frank Miller, and when he wasn't barking mad and hateful he was a visionary writer for vigilantes.

That Daredevil has better writing and plots should be no surprise, really.

22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Absolutely agree. This was one hell of a season. Definitely better than S1 in the sense that there were considerably less clunky and distracting "shared-universe-buildup" moments, even if an 11th hour a couple of deux-ex-machinas popped up to tidy things up. If this is the series last season due to the Disney-Netflix shenanigans, at least it goes out on a high note.

23. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    I don't want to overstate this, because the truth is it can't be overstated, but
    fake Daredevil driving around town with the corpsicle of his stalker victim
    marks the psycho highlight of Disney Marvel. For several years Jessica Jones season one has held the title of most twisted Disney show ever made, the thing most antithetical to everything Walt might have envisioned for his empire, but Daredevil season 3 makes a run at it. Kudos.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    [​IMG]

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Rylo Ken like this.
  25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I giggled with pure, childish delight at that moment.

Not as much, but I also liked when

Fake Daredevil watched Fisk on camera and asked, "who eats a burger with a spork?"

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018