main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Daredevil (Born Again, Again, Being Filmed Again)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jan 7, 2014.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    One would argue that's it's really 3.5 series, with Defenders acting as Season 2.5. The majority of what goes on there is setting the stage for Season 3, while paying off what the second half of DD Season 2 set up.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Tons of spoilers on X and IG as DDBA was filming outside today.

Spoilers:

Nelson Murdock & Page is real.

Wilson Bethel is returning to play Bullseye.

And bleh, Muse, from Charles Soule’s DD run is definitely involved in the series. I am crazy happy for artist Ron Garney who designed and drew Muse, but I can only hope that Muse’s existence indicates that Samuel Chung a.k.a. Blindspot will appear too. Sam was the best new character idea in that team’s run.

Another vigilante has been teased too.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Time-Traveling F&G Moderator star 10 Staff Member Moderator

Apr 27, 2005
    It's been confirmed that Jon Bernthal is back as Frank/Punisher

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
  5. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Nature is healing.

6. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Yay! We knew the Punisher & DD would meet again. As exciting for this massive fan of the Zdarsky & Checchetto Daredevil run is the rumored introduction of
    Detective Cole North. Spoilers say he’s part of Fisk’s Anti-Vigilante Task Force (Anti-Vigilante being spot on for Cole); but if actor Jeremy Earl is indeed playing Cole, footage of him wearing a Punisher vest, either points to Cole a part a unit of corrupt cops who idolize the Punisher [face_sick] OR, Cole being undercover in this unit to draw the Punisher out into the open and ultimately arrest him and the corrupt cops. I’d rather have the latter scenario, as Cole is a terrific character whose flickering moral code mirrored Matt Murdock’s own. They were terrific foils for each other, and Cole ultimately went on to become something even better. =D=

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Jon Bernthal is literally posting pics and selfies from the Daredevil set, I don't think these Netflix guys know how Marvel Studios secrecy works (Charlie and Vincent figured it out haha)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  8. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    As you probably guessed, Jon has permission to post. If Getty were allowed to publish images with these three, then it’s cleared.

That said I am sort of skeptical that a SM connected photographer will be taking pictures & video from a scene shooting today/this week and claims he’ll post these along with the script. I hope these are fake scenes.

9. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015

The first cut of the series must has been so bad, so bad, but so bad, the MCU decided to scrap any imput of its own and so just make S4 of Netflix's Dardevil

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    IIRC, the initial recast was due to Zurer not being available. So it makes sense that with the extensive reshoots extending the shooting schedule, they'd take the opportunity to go back to the original actress if her character was primarily in material being either reshot or expanded upon. Kinda like how one of the Warriors Three was recast in Dark World with the actor they wanted in the first movie who ended up not being available at time.

It will be interesting to see what breaks down between what is being kept and what has been reshot. We obviously know now that anything with Vanessa and certain other supporting characters are added or redone. And we also know that a majority of the legal/court angle will probably come from the original material (since that is what it apparently focused on too much to trigger these reshoots). And a lot of Kingpin will be original. But anything with Matt working with his team on the case will probably be a reshoot or addition, which will bridge things, presumably. Where everything else falls, who knows?

EDIT- And speak of the (dare)devil, it looks like the recent "wrap" was for the first half of the series (9 episodes), which will presumably break the series into two blocks or seasons. It's also means that the second batch of 9 episodes will be all original material. So any old footage hunt questions will likely be restricted to the first 9 (though always a possibility they might end up integrating more in the final edits).

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
    Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Glad to hear that pretty much all the members of the original band is coming back for Born Again. It certainly increases my enthusiasm for the series, and gives Kingpin a supporting character that fans will appreciate it. I'm not sure if Echo would appear in this series, as I only watched the first episode of the Echo series, but I know where Kingpin ends up.

12. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    As long as the very public re: press and fans moment of Foggy is a fake out, I'll take it. I really hope they run with Brubaker & Lark's hilarious and intense WitPro subplot that they can stretch well into the second season.

Also if only the initial 9 episodes have been filmed, that means more next year (and my chances of watching a bit of filming will increase. Though I'll laugh my butt off if I keep missing Charlie Cox. It's been twice already (albeit one time was three weeks later.))

Juliet316 likes this.