main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Master Replicas (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Master_Rich, Jul 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    The only ones I could justify buying in the CE crowd our a LUke ROTJ, a Vader, and the Obi-Wan...

I mostly collect the .45's but with these awesome sabers coming in and at such a good price I may hafta cave and get a CE sooner or later.

Any news on the qui-gon 45 saber????

2. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Nope, I haven't heard anything about it. Hasn't been any news for any more .45 sabers, which sucks. That's ok for me though, as I have still have a bunch I need to get.

I hope the Obi Wan ANH saber is exactly like the LE. I think they'd all look good together

Actually, the CE Obi-Wan has a chance to be more accurate than the LE. I just read the other day that since the LE was made, some more props or pics, not sure which, were found in the LF archives and they show some details that were not made on the LE. So when they do the CE, I'm sure they'll make it more accurate. Supposedly the ANH Vader was wrong too. Wrong amount of grips or something.

3. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    He's right.

I really want the Stormie CE helmet, It would look killer right next to my computer on my desk. Killer.

4. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Heh, it would look killer on my head as I'm sitting at the computer.:p

5. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    I'll do that then too. The Boba helmet looks good but is well kinda pricey,...I hope the $99.99 is the price they stick with for the CE Stormie helmet...It's affordable and comfy.

6. LORD_MONSTROSITY

LORD_MONSTROSITY Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 23, 2004
    That's good news about the Obi. While you mention it, I was looking at the Elite Edition ANH Solo blaster at MR (I wish I had an extra $600) and it might sort of burn my ass if I bought the LE, and then found out the EE has detail that the LE one didn't have, because MR didn't know about it at the time of production. But, I'm sure the first LE one is still damn cool, and very accurate, even while missing those minor details.

7. Chowser

Chowser Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    Here's hoping they eventually do an Obi-Wan AOTC CE since I'm not happy with my Obi-Wan TPM EE.

There's something loose inside of it and since MR won't replace it and I can't get it fixed. Oh well, I should just get rid of it. I know it's a display piece, but still...

Here's my EE, don't mind the loose thing inside making noise....

but here's my Larbel Luxeon. Looks the same, not as shiny, but hey, it's got a removable blade!

Come on MR, either a CE or an FX-Q...

8. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    The only 3 sabers I would buy in CE form:
    ANH/ESB Vader
    AOTC Obi-Wan
    ROTJ Luke

And maybeeeeeeeeeeeee....ANH Obi-Wan.

9. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Monday I received my Force FX Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber from Brian's Toys! Actually was a smooth transaction and it was on sale too! Awesome saber, got it next to my Vader one! I've always wanted this one ever since I saw ANH when I was 4 all those years ago. One of my favorite things in my collection now! I love it! :D

Are they going to make Palpatine's saber as a FX one? Other than Maul's double saber and Luke's ROTJ one, that's the only other one I want to get if it comes out!

~DZ

10. skoota

skoota Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2004
    i have a question for you peeps out there.

i bought the signature version of the vader helmet last october from a master replicas dealer. i've known about the quality control delays and such, but when do they actually ship? it's now the end of november and i have nothing. anyone know?

also,... where are these pcitures of the stormtrooper and boba fett helmets that everyone's mentioning?

thanks.

11. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    So a few weeks ago I had to pick up the Maul FX saber at Barnes and Nobles, seeing as there were only 5 left on sale for 70 a piece.

Yes, I got one and Maulfly got another; consider it part of our anniversay gift to each other :p

12. skoota

skoota Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2004

wow. this thread is dead.

-tumbleweeds roll by-

anyone here?

13. RedHeadKevin

RedHeadKevin Jedi Master star 2

May 18, 2004
    If I was gonna get 1 Force FX saber, which one would you folks recommend? I really only have the money to get 1, so I want to get the best one I can. (No, I'm not gonna spring for the double-Maul.) Right now I'm thinking the Mace Windu, but if that's not a good, loud, bright one, I'm gonna skip it.

14. DarkYoda99

DarkYoda99 Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2006
    Bright and loud is anakins all the way.

15. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    ^But brighter and louder is even more Obi-Wan's than Anakin's. :p

16. RedHeadKevin

May 18, 2004
    How does the Mace Windu stack up? I only ask because Spencer Gifts has the Mace FX saber on sale for 60 bucks, and I was wondering if it was worth it.

17. Among the Clouds

May 18, 2001
    The Mace saber is an older, obsolete model. The sound is quite a bit quieter than the newer generation sabers, and the brightness doesn't really compete with the newer versions. That's not to say it's a bad product... when it was released it was pretty much the best the technology had gotten, save for the red diffuesr and blue LEDs. I have one, and I love it, but I collect them. If I could only get one Force FX lightsaber, and I wanted the most technologically advanced one, I'd go with the Obi-Wan saber.

18. RedHeadKevin

May 18, 2004
    I'm not just looking for something advanced. I'd like a saber that's comfortable to hold and play around with, that looks good, that's got a good color (whatever color) and that's fairly inexpensive. Honestly the only reason I'm looking into getting a Force FX at the moment is that I can get either the new Vader or the Mace ROTS for a good deal through Spencer's.

19. Among the Clouds

May 18, 2001
    In that case, then the Vader ESB is the one to go with. It's newer than the Mace saber, has a consistent red color, and has unique sounds.

20. SirNickTheTiny

SirNickTheTiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2005
    MR have released their 2007 product line up

2nd Blog Post (correct at time of posting)

21. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Hooray! Yoda Force FX lightsaber!

22. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I'm laying odds that the Rebel Five X Wing will be signed by Hamill.

23. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Rebelscum are reporting that MR are updating their website. If you click through the link in the story the main MR screen reflects this. They are adding a forum, podcasts, and something called 'MR TV'.

24. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Does anyone know how to remove the residue left behind from the yellow stickers on the grip with out maring the finish?

25. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    Turpentine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.