main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST MEMORIES AND MIST

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Author: Hopefulwriter
    Rating: G for everyone
    Time period: Before the Force Awakens
    Characters: Han Solo, Chewbacca; Leia Organa Solo, Ben

COMPANION PIECE TO LEIA'S MIST AND MEMORIES

Han Solo sat quietly in the cockpit of his beloved Falcon, the humming of the engines a
    somewhat comforting, southing sound. Chewbacca had retired to his cabin and Han had
    taken the first flight leg to Ortho-neuo for a hauling job.

Scratching his late-day cheek stubble, he looked around the console for something to
    change, fix, adapt…he liked to keep busy…..that way, thoughts and memories couldn’t
    invade his brain.

Oh, he liked his thoughts from time to time, only the ones he chose to ponder on or let roam
    through his mind…triggering some emotions.

Things had changed so much…more than he could have imagined in his life. He’d been a
    disgraced soldier, then dragged into the illegal life to make a living….his energy, hate and
    determination driving him, hardening him….

Then, came the event that pushed him in another direction….The meeting of Luke Skywalker
    and Obi-Wan in that cantina at Mos Eisley. Han laughed at the memory of that meeting; a
    impulsive young man and a dusty old wizard wanting passage to Alderaan…… ‘If I’d just been
    a few minutes late going to that cantina…..I would have missed them.” But, then I would
    have missed what became my life for many years.

I would have missed meeting Leia….my Leia….she had a way about her…the same energy
    as his, the same determination ….

He wouldn’t have thought love and passion could begin and grow on battle fields…but it
    did and so eventually did their son, Ben. One of his proudest moments… “You have a son.”
    Those four words further softening his heart….he had two to love now.

How can you lose a love after it is there and so strong? But, it did happen…..nothing to do
    but part….losing both his wife and son.

He was alone now…Chewbacca, his faithful friend, was still with him, but that was different.

Han adjusted his body in his pilot’s chair. He vowed to never again to love….with the love
    that he felt for Leia….who knows, maybe they would be together again one day….

Looking out the cockpit window; they were approaching a cloud bank…..The Falcon
    plowed through and Han’s memories faded, like the clouds, into the mist.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Han, only with Chewbacca again after loosing Leia and Ben. Very poignant view into Han's thoughts

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  3. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hello Earlybird, appreciate you taking time to read MEMORIES AND MIST. Your comments
    are always welcome and they are encouraging. Lynda V.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Poignant and insightful @};-

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  5. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, Thank you for taking time to read MEMORIES AND MIST. I take all
    your comments to heart. Lynda V.

6. TheChorlianCorner

TheChorlianCorner Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2024
    Is he flying back to Bespin by chance? Again another delicately written vignette, almost prose poetry, that lends poignancy to Han and Leia's relationship. Well done and please keep writing!

7. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi The ChorlianCorner, Appreciate you taking time to read MIST AND MEMORIES. I love writing Han and Leia fan fiction.
    Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. Lynda V.

TheChorlianCorner likes this.