main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller Mesmerize

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Master Vo, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    ---

---
    M e s m e r i z e
    ---
    Tokyo, Japan, 12:18am
    [​IMG]

"Damn..."

The rain poured down, beating heavily upon the ground as it mingled with the blood of a dead man, lying sprawled face down on the ground after a long fall from a skyscraper. The detective kneeling over him shook his head as he exhaled cigarette smoke into the air.

"Suicide, then?" his associate, who was standing only a few feet away from him, asked, a slight shivering tone in his voice from the cold.

"We'll assume so until we have anything to tell us otherwise..." the detective said with a sigh. He stood straight, dusting his trousers off before turning to his colleague.

"We'll get this cleaned up. Head back to the HQ and write a report. Japan lost a fine businessman today..."

Maputo, Mozambique, 5:18pm

[​IMG]

The two children stood over the body, a grimace of horror and disgust as they stared at the body crumpled on the ground.

"Is... he dead?" The small girl asked to the small boy. The boy moved his foot forward, kicking the body resulting in a lifeless response.

"I think so." the boy said, turning to the girl.

"Should we tell someone?" she asked nervously. The boy, who had a much greater sense of curiosity in this situation looked at the body again. A strange feeling of mortality crept into his mind. He shook his head.

"I think we should leave it... We could get in trouble." he responded. The girl stepped back, tugging the boy by the arm so he would follow.

"Let's go! He looks important... I don't want to stay here any longer."

The boy turned to face her, nodding quickly before the two ran off, leaving the body to be discovered by the next unfortunate passerby.

London, England, 3:18pm

[​IMG]

The man dropped the roach to the floor, hawking and spitting to the ground as he kicked the lifeless body on the ground.

"Good riddance." he spat bitterly, a scowl on his face as he stared at the dead face of his enemy on the ground. Another one bites the dust. Another day in the manor. He sniffed, wondering why he jumped from the building. His rival, who exercised quite a bit of strength in this area, suddenly commits suicide? Or more likely, he was pushed.

No... He doesn't go anywhere without his bodyguards.

The man shrugged, before turning off and walking away from the body. The police could be here soon, and he would rather not be seen. And so life continued.

And with that, the world was mesmerized.

---
    Three deaths, two people, one project.

Welcome to Mesmerize.

This is a story about the corrupt and the damned, and the story of their demise. This is a silent war started with three deaths in three cities. This is the story of when the world was mesmerized.

The game begins in London, England, following a deadly conflict between gangs. Tokyo, Japan, following a police case that unravels itself to be something much more complex than anticipated. Maputo, Mozambique, following a retired gang member and the ghosts haunting their past.

Characters matching the vague description of the story above would be appreciated, but I will look over any idea you may have.

---
    [​IMG]
    ---
    Character Sheet:

Name:
    Equipment:
    Personality:
    Bio:

---
    Rules:

1. Obey TOS as usual
    2. No godmodding, as usual
    3. PM your CS to me, you know the drill
    4. Original characters only of course, if you need assistance let me know.
    5. I reserve the right to kill characters, and GM's word is law.
    6. Enjoy the game.

---
    [​IMG]
    ---

2. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    GM Approved... nice to have you back Bro...er...I mean Vo daddy... I mean @Master Vo'Un'Var

Name:
    William Clark "The Ferret"
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Banker
    Equipment: Money, Phone, Small Pocket Knife
    Personality: Smart, Conniving, a rather unsavory and unpleasant individual.
    Bio: William Clark was not born into money, he earned it. The brutality of the economic class system in England was a near constant reminder during his childhood that he would amount to little. This was not the case, he built himself up acing his A-levels and gaining admittance to Oxford University. There he studied Economics and Management, graduating at the top his class. After which he was sought after by many top ranking British banks, where he soon found a steady job and began to climb the corporate ladder.

Clark had done it, he had proven everyone wrong, fame, riches, all the woman he could ask for, he had it all, but for William it was not enough. He began to smuggle and oversee financials for various gangs around the London area, receiving huge bribes as a result. He never questioned what the money was for or the vast transactions that he oversaw, always turning a blind eye, but that all changed when the world was mesmerized.

Name: Saika Magoichi
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Detective
    Equipment: Police Badge, Notepad, Phone
    Personality: Gruff, 'The Tough Guy", Saika is a man that wants to get the job done. He hates the crime that happens in the world, and will play a little dirty if that means there is one less criminal off the streets.
    Bio: Born in downtown Toyko, Saika had a fairly straightforward life. He learnt from an early age the injustices of the world, bullies, thugs people who picked on those weaker them then just so they could. To prove something, to get something, to impress a chick it didn't matter they were all despicable. Saika would often get into fights during school, usually trying to defend some helpless nerd or scrawny kid from being beaten to a bloody pulp.

Naturally this ethos made him gravitate to policework, becoming a detective as soon as he could. Not always by the book it is not unheard of him to play it a little rough if the job requires it. He is a first class detective although has been reprimanded multiple times for his more aggressive tactics. There is one thing Saika can guarantee you, he will get the job done.

3. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Approved by @Master Vo'Un'Var - nice to have you back! [:D]

Name: Saori Nishimura
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]

Intelligence Officer
    Equipment:
    iPhone, security alarm-scrambler, Glock 42 (.38)
    Personality:
    Smart, inquisitive, tenacious
    Bio:

With a flair for languages and interest in foreign cultures, Saori studied International Affairs and Politics abroad at McGill University in Montreal. A stand-out student and fluent in French and English, upon her return to Japan she applied (and was accepted) for the diplomatic corps.

After a short career in the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Saori’s skills and tenacity were noticed. She was recruited by the Naikaku Jōhō (“Naichō”) secret intelligence agency, as a junior intelligence officer. She received martial arts training for self-defense, and a course in firearms.

Now Saori is posted to London, working out of the Japanese Embassy as a Special Liaison to British MI6. Though not a member of the “Five Eyes” security club, Japan is a close ally to the UK and US, and the nations are sharing intelligence on the rapid expansion of Chinese clandestine military bases in Southeast Asia, as well as aggressive activities in Africa. Saori receives reports gathered by Japanese intelligence operations, and translates, presents and summarises these for her British counterparts.

In return, British Intelligence is sharing its analysis of the Chinese Huawei systems that the UK has allowed to be installed in a limited manner on its telecoms infrastructure – precisely so they can study and evaluate their threat.

Saori is issued with a small .38 pistol firearm, and is trained to use it, but almost never carries it during her daily activities. She also has a device that resembles a beeper, but in fact can scramble security alarms.

When three identical deaths occur simultaneously in Tokyo, Mozambique and London, the Naichō sends Saori to investigate whether there is some connection…

4. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017

---
    Prologue No. 1 - London
    ---
    The rain was beating down onto the rooftop of the high-rise flat. The distant sound of police sirens echoed into the distant, dampened by the pouring sound from the sky above. It was three in the afternoon, and the man standing on the ledge of the roof felt like he could see all of London. He would have appreciated the sight, if he wasn't scared out of his wits.

Tears mingled with the raindrops on his face, his eyes burnt from exhaustion and each and every muscle in his body ached. His phone rested snugly in his hand, while he waited for someone out in the city to pick up.

Come on... Please..!

Then, he heard a familiar voice. In one singular movement he pressed the phone to his face, desperately yelling into the phone.

"I need you at my place NOW! It's urgent, start moving please or it's going to be-"

The call was never finished. The phone slid out of the man's hand as he plummeted through the air, racing closer and closer to the ground until-

---

2 Hours Later...

The young man's breathing was heavy and scattered. His lip was cut, eye bruised, and bound with chain and rope to a chair. The room he was trapped in was dark, with a small, dim lightbulb dangling from the ceiling. Only a few minutes ago three men had been pummeling him. Men he grew up with. He remembered playing games with them when he was 12.

Now they were his enemies.

The door ahead of his slowly swung open, and a tall man stepped in, dressed head to toe in black. He squinted his eyes, and his heart dropped. He had a gun in hand.

You're not playing around anymore. He thought to himself.

He let out a sigh, before the man ahead of him spoke up.

"Where. Not gonna ask again."

The young man shook his head, before replying with the same answer he had given before.

"I told you. I don't know..."

His face was forced to the side as the man ahead of him pistol-whipped him. He felt some of his teeth fall out of place, and spat them out with a mix of blood and saliva.

"When are you gonna stop lying to me, hm?" the man hissed, his face inches away from the young man's.

The young man chuckled, bitterly, before coughing on his blood.

"Even if I did... I wouldn't tell you. They would do a lot worse than-"

There was a bang, a burst of light from the pistol, and the young man's head dropped down. Another day in the manor.

The tall man frowned, tucking the gun away in his trousers, before turning and leaving the room. He knew that the young man's gang had gotten a new supplier recently. But this wasn't the usual run, this one had tons of stuff. Consistent, good, and expensive supply. He needed him to supply for him. He was going to run these ends from now on.

His head turned as one of his boys ran up to him.

"Kane's moving."

---

Kane Walters stood bitterly in the underground parking lot. A cigarette in one hand, and his phone in the other. He narrowed his eyes as he saw a black car slide towards him. He gave the occupants a nod and began to walk towards them.

The two in the car stepped out, dressed in a mix of black Nike and Adidas clothes. Kane raised his arms in question, silently asking: Well?

"We got 'em." one of the two, a teenager, about 17 or 18, said in reply. The other, around the same age, gave a nod.

Kane nodded, before scrolling through his contacts and tapping a number.

"Clark. Pack your bags. Contact I gave you is gone. Someone will be at yours soon." he muttered, before hanging up and slipping the phone into his pocket.

"Alright, you know how it goes. Someone messes with our youts we send them a reply." he informed to the two teenagers. They both nodded, nervous and eager. They had moved food for Kane for a few years, but putting someone six feet under was... different.

Each of them slid in the car, Kane stepping into the back, where he saw a large duffel bag. Unzipping it, he revealed the guns stuffed inside. A shotgun, sub-machine, and a handful of pistols. Good.

The car slid out of the parking lot, and out into the streets of London.

A war had begun. Kane had stepped up and taken control of his gang after the suicide of the leader. But all this was nothing in comparison on what was to come.

And so the world would be mesmerized.

---

Next prologue coming soon...

Kurisan and Shadowsun like this.