main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Military realism in a galaxy far far away.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by ARCTrooperOmaha, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ARCTrooperOmaha

ARCTrooperOmaha Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2015
    In the Star Wars I have noticed that rarely there is any actual realism to the militaries in any of the timelines; For examples The clone wars and certain games show that weapons need to be reloaded, is this the case in canon terms or is Battlefronts overheat system how blasters in all canon work? Also if the armies have ID's and rank insignias they should have some form of dog tags or something equivalent right? In a nutshell I'm saying is what are the most canon forms of military realism that Star Wars has?

2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I don't really know much about this but something that the TFA Visual Dictionary brought up was problematic.

All of the FO's weapons are magnetic and biometric locked. This is a neat idea but the implications are near impossible on future stories.
    If a Stormtrooper dies on the Battlefield and another picks it up, what happens?
    Sure the FO maybe has some sort of system in place that recognises FO trooper signatures but what if a Resistance fighter picks it up or one of the heroes?

It's a major thing that bothers me about TFA and the Visual Dictionary.

3. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    I never thought about blasters needing to recharge until I played Battlefront

4. missile

missile Jedi Padawan star 1

May 24, 2016
    I don't think military realism ever been star wars biggest strength, Its pretty much been all over the place when it came practicality.

Sarge likes this.
  5. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    What about there only being three million Clone Troopers in the Clone Wars? How can that be explained?

6. luketheforeigner

luketheforeigner Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Well i don't think there is a lot of realism in the star wars universe compared to the real world for obvious reasons

7. missile

missile Jedi Padawan star 1

May 24, 2016
    Yeah that was very ridiculous that we somehow have a bigger military than a galaxy far far away. Is it still canon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.