main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Milwookiee discussion version 8.0 (or something like that)

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by JediRacer8, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    How long are the lines for the celebrities at DragonCon? I want to get pictures with James Marsters, the Phelps twins, Matthew Lewis, and the Lone Gunmen, but don't want to spend my entire time in line either.

Also found out some of the TAPS team from Ghost Hunters will be there :) That show is highly addicting to me.

2. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Last time James Marsters was there, he was the main attraction, so to speak. His lines were kind of long, maybe a half hour-hour wait (maybe longer, I didn't get his autograph, but I stood off to the side and watched). Then you only had seconds with him before they sent you on your way. I think this year will be different because they have so many other high profile media people (battlestar, star trek, etc.) The ghost hunter guys are so cool. They were there last year. They take time with everyone, take photos and sign autographs. I went to one of their panels and they were very entertaining. They did not have the long lines (to get into the panels) like the Firefly panels did (those panels I waited for a couple of hours to get into). My family is adicited to Ghost Hunter too, so I think I am gonna see if the guys will sign a picture to my three kids.

3. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    At a guess I'd say Marsters would be the worst - when he was at Gen Con several years ago, it was a huge pain in the ass. He's got that whole hot guy thing going for him I guess. The Harry Potter guests will probably be just as bad just because of the manic fandom around that subject. But at the very least you won't have that hot guy thing making those lines longer. The Lone Gunmen and Ghost Hunters will probably be quick walk-up, chat, and get autograph types. Probably not much in the way of lines at all.

Again, these are all just guesses.

4. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Huge pain in the ass doesn't even cover it. He was late for his signing. Then they cut the line off and told all of us past that point (and after we stood in line for hours) to come back the next day. I didn't have a badge for the next day and just left. I was pretty well cheesed off - which is appropos I guess, being from WI and all.

5. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    You think a half an hour in a line is a long wait? You didn't go to C3, did you?

6. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    30 minutes for James?! That ain't long. Not for an autograph. When you wait 8 hours to by a t-shirt and camping chair, that's long.

7. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    I beg to differ.

A half hour is nothing. Between C3, and the 3+ hour line for Andy Hallett at Wizard a few years ago...never again. I don't care who it is, if I'm going to the con I want to see more of the con than just a line.

8. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    No one is worth waiting more than an hour to meet, well except Ewan Mcgregor...him I would wait for. :D

9. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Okay, there are a VERY few people who find the Harry Potter kids going to that con attractive ;) *koff*William Macy*koff*

I don't think enough to make it a line issue, though. The line issue will exist there, but that'll just be from Harry Potter craziness. I'd predict that the Harry Potter kids lines will be the worst ones at that con, for sure though.

10. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    I'd wait 3 hours for William H. Macy.

11. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    You'd have to. I bet getting a wheelchair through that crowd takes a while.

12. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    Not with me at the wheel. And he's not that old...

13. MrNepathy

MrNepathy Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2007
    Hey, we can make fun of his hotness (or lack there of) but he's still young enough for Felicity Huffman.

Half an hour seems like a short wait to me.

14. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    I know. ;) He's also a really good actor.

15. Blackadder1

Blackadder1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    Jason Isaacs and Alan Rickman. I'd stand in line for 3 hours for them. But the payout at the end better be more than a stupid autograph.

16. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    Picture in lap? Or even more rewarding?

I'm with you on Alan Rickman too.

17. Blackadder1

Jul 1, 2005
    Can I get a kiss on the cheek with the picture in lap? I think that would be totally worth 3 hours in line, possibly up to 4. They're married so I'll keep my more lecherous thoughts out of the running. They have to wear the HP costumes though!

18. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Maybe you could pay a little extra for a grope.

19. Blackadder1

Jul 1, 2005
    As the gropee or the groper? Oh hell...either way works!

20. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    Why not both?

21. Blackadder1

Jul 1, 2005
    Why not indeed? Sounds good to me.

22. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    Not to change the subject, but I feel the need to say this.
    Wisconsin Dells is highly OVERRATED.

But, Devils Lake was still as cool as I always remembered it to be.

Thanks for letting me share. :D

23. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    Wisconsin Dells is expensive.

24. Blackadder1

Jul 1, 2005
    Yep, it's a pretty cheesy place. Wizard Quest, while cheesy, is fun to play. Did you go there? I also like the pet-the-deer park even if actually petting the deer is difficult.

25. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    Don't waste your time or money on the sci-fi museum there.

We should do a mid-winter weekend in the Dells when it's cheaper. Find some place with an indoor water park, bring some adult beverages, and loiter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.