main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Ahsoka Morgan Elsbeth

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by godisawesome , Aug 28, 2023.

1. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    To be fair, Lucas pronounces “Dooku” as “Doku” with the emphasis on the second syllable. So he’s definitely going for the Japanese connection. And he’s generally been comfortable with people (including actors) pronouncing things however they want.

Also, Morgan’s name was out in the wild for two years before she was revealed to be a Nightsister. So though it may seem generic now to some, it was actually a legitimate easter egg for two years, one that made her intriguing to theorize about. There’s value in giving that to fans.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  2. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    So, Morgan succeeded with the first part of the plan, quite impressive. Unfortunately, after the reunion with Thrawn she seemingly took the place of late Arihnda Pryce, and for Thrawn it is the position not of "Watson", but of "Lestrade".

3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Bold Prediction! Morgan Elsbeth will die this season. She's outlived her usefulness. She was just there to get Thrawn back home. With that underway she'll probably be killed.

4. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Plus her smugness is getting annoying.

Here is a totally not going to happen call - Merrin will be the one to knock her off.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well she didn't make it, but she held her own a lot better here than against Ahsoka in The Mandalorian. But she was blinded by rage, the downfall of many a darksider.

Happy Sando likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  7. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Maybe they Nightsister magic her back to life next season.

King_of_Red_Lions likes this.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Her last fight was one of the better ones of the Ahsoka series, most of which were kinda blah IMO. I wish they'd kept her alive; she makes a more interesting villain than the mothers.

Yodaminch and Riv_Shiel like this.
  9. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I imagine she is a little far away for them to be able to do that.

10. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    She was a great character.

11. IG_2000

IG_2000 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    It’s going to be an army of nightsisters in stasis. I was thinking Morgan’s motivation was undefined this season, but realized in the end she probably legitimately cared for her people and wanted to see the Nightsisters reclaim Dathomir and return to their glory.

12. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Pour one out for Morgan. She knew her fate once she learned Thrawn and the Nightsisters were leaving without her. She did prove to be a very worthy adversary to Ahsoka. For the second time she disarmed one of Ahsoka’s lightsaber. It’s too bad she got “Mauled” in the finale.

13. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Morgan had darkning level power. If she had been around longer, she could have harnessed black holes in darkning form. I found it intriguing how she was both a sorceress and an Imperial sympathizer. She's the midpoint. Thrawn is the Imperial leader, and the Night Mothers are the Dathomirian leaders. Very interesting alliance.

Lord-Skywalker likes this.
  14. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Oh, I agree. I'm with Lucas on this. I call him "Tyranus" or "Doku" all the time.

15. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Morgan's final duel with Ahsoka was phenomenal. Instantly one of my favourite showdowns. Both actors stepped up for the finale. Some of those combinations matched the level of skill and precision we saw in the prequels. Absolutely fantastic.

Bor Mullet and Lord-Skywalker like this.
  16. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    I loved that I almost (but not really) felt bad for her fate.

I knew during the ceremony that something was up. And sure enough, she was basically made more powerful, justs to serve a purpose and then left behind rather coldly. Somewhat sad. But again, not really.

17. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Give yourself a pat on the back.

You know what would have been a bold move? If Morgan had taken that Blade of Talzin and cut down Thrawn, hopped aboard the Eye of Scion with her soul sisters, and done their Dathomiri things to their hearts' delight.

All season, we expect Thrawn to make it back to the GFFA - but no! Hera & Co. are expecting the worst from Thrawn - but it's not him!

StoneRiver, Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  18. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Morgan had a decent last stand, both in terms of fight and ideology - she fought for the new future for her people.

Riv_Shiel, Lord-Skywalker and Sarge like this.
  19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    She had one job. Stop/delay Team Ahsoka. She let 2/3 go by unmolested. She's fired.

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  20. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    I don't think the Mothers were very happy about the situation. As Morgan says 'For Dathomir'. They have a different plan

21. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    Of course they have their own plan. But the Mother's don't look unhappy about her death. Ultimately Morgan was used in their plan. They were able to get away. Morgan on the other hand, has a brief sad-shocked look on her fact when she realizes she isn't going with them and will stay behind. She puts on a brave face and does her duty for the cause.

Sarge likes this.
  22. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    When the 'First Mother' feels Morgan's death you can tell she's ticked off. But they need Thrawn to take them and their sleeping sisters to Dathomir and Morgan is committed to that cause.

Fredrik Vallestrand and Sarge like this.
  23. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Morgan has been a worthwhile opponent for Ahsoka, may be in defeating her finally allowed Ahsoka to pass the trial to become a Jedi Knight that she never took before?

24. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    She went out with a warrior's death. Can't ask for much more than that.

Lomer2012 and Sarge like this.
  25. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Worf would have been proud, especially had she said, 'Today is a good day to die.' And 'For a minute there, I was worried I was going to survive.'

Happy Sando likes this.