main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Ahsoka Morgan Elsbeth

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by godisawesome , Aug 28, 2023.

1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Morgan Elsbeth I thought showed actual true courage, true bravery, which is surprisingly rarely shown in works like this.

Courage, bravery, does not mean fearlessness. It means being afraid, but doing the thing anyway, whatever that may be.

I got a vibe from Morgan that when she went to confront Ahsoka, she knew she was most likely marching to her death. There was trepidation there, and yet she went to confront Ahsoka anyway.

Your mileage may vary. Maybe not everyone picked that up, but it's what seemed to be the case to me.

2. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    So, if the Nightmothers can raise the dead, why can't they raise Morgan to life?

They even gave Morgan the "shadows," whatever that is.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2023
  3. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Because they don’t actually have the power to return someone from death, they just use their power to reanimate a corpse and use it as a flesh marionette to fight for them.

4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Plus, you know, they left.

5. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if there are other witches on Peridea. Maybe others can zombify her.

6. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Doubtful. Thrawn had to awaken just the ones we saw.

7. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe ones with Mortis gods

8. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Before they left, they told Thrawn she was dead. They could have retrieved her and done some mojo on her.

I don't think any of us should assume what the Nightmothers can and can't do. Yes, we know they can reanimate corpses, but 1) is this different from how Thrawn woke the Mothers up? And 2) Marrock seems entirely different from the Night Troopers.

So there are different abilities at play here, and my question is why were the Nightmothers so certain that Morgan was just dead and gone, especially after she had taken in the Shadows, whatever that is.

The awakened Mothers seems to suggest that, perhaps, Morgan could have been awakened too.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2023
  9. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    We don’t actually know that the Mothers were dead. I would actually suggest that all the Peridean Nightsisters have been in living stasis, and that the deal Thrawn cut with them is a mass exodus of their sleeping people back to Dathomir.

We also don’t actually know that Marrock was dead either. But from the way his body withered when he died, I would think his situation was probably closer to Savage Oppress who had a similar reaction upon meeting his end in TCW.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2023
    Lomer2012 likes this.
  10. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    From the outside, it seems like the character and actress of Morgan Elsbeth wasn't given too much to work with. At least it wasn't conveyed what her motivations were besides rescuing Thrawn. Did they have a thing, is she just a blind devotee of the tide-turning tactilian, is he using her, is she secretly using him? It wouldn't have needed much to establish this, thus making us care about Morgan's mission just a little more.

Just a quick question on the side: Was the middle Dathomir sister actually Mother Talzin, or not?

Sarge and Riv_Shiel like this.
  11. Kassius Konstantine

Kassius Konstantine Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2015
    Who says she is dead? By current standards, tis but a scratch.

In all seriousness, I hope for a return of Morgan, and not just because I think the actress did a great job.

Sarge, Happy Sando and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  12. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    No, she wasn't. Talzin was definitively killed in one of the unproduced arcs from The Clone Wars, one that eventually became a canon comic. If they wanna retcon that, then I reckon they'd make a big deal out of resurrecting Talzin on Dathomir.

Talzin spoke with a very distinctive accent, one different from any of the Nightsisters we saw in Ahsoka.

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Also, Talzin lived in the GFFA, and would have had no way to get to Peridea. Unless she learned how to travel with star whales. And if so, why wouldn’t she have told Morgan to get to Peridea that way?

14. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Her team lost the command post on Dathomir, so now she respawns on Peridea.

15. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Whilst that's a good point well made, I've gotta admit that I always thought of Talzin as being like the Borg Queen. She turned her physical body into a spirit on several occasions, and could manifest her presence in multiple locations across the GFFA. If somebody wanted to establish that she was merely a powerful consciousness of magicks, capable of drifting between planes of existence (and therefore popping up in distant galaxies without a ride) then I'd have no problem with that.

Pure speculation on my part, though. Which is why I'm looking forward to learning more about the Nightsisters and their magicks going forward.

16. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Morgan was an interesting character. I was disappointed when I learned how much her actor, Diana Lee Insoato, got paid. Additionally, Ray Stevenson and Ivanna Sakhano didn't get paid much, either.

17. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Did Diana get paid for both her acting and stunt work?

18. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    She had served her purpose to them, so there was no need for them to waste time reanimating her in their view.

I don't think the Nightsisters do things out of the goodness of their hearts.

rumblewagon likes this.
  19. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I agree. They used Morgan, now they’re using Thrawn. Now let’s give Klothow (Claudia Black) a meaty storyline in the next season and movie, and her plans to usurp Thrawn and the New Republic.

On a side note, I found Ahsoka figures at GameStop and had to buy the Morgan Elsbeth figure. Hasbro did a great job — but I need a “Shadow” Morgan repaint with blade of Talzin to pose fighting with Ahsoka the white.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Had no idea they were even making figures for this show.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's Star Wars there's figures for everything.

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, but I was under the impression (for some reason) that Lucasfilm put the brakes on action figure merchandising in general. After Mando. Don’t remember why I thought that.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
  23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    lol no. Granted I'd wager a lot of this is more "other" toys than action figures, but they definitely still make a figure for all the major characters.
    [​IMG]
    (source)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
  24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    What a great post. Nice to see such passion behind the role.

25. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I liked Morgan as a villain — but I too think she didn’t get much to do once Thrawn arrived. She stood around and voiced opinions,followed Thrawn around and was kind of a pellaeon stand in. But that was redeemed in the finale in her transformation and that beautiful fight choreography. Diana Lee inosanto and Rosario Dawson brought those two warrior women to life in a fight that bested some of what i saw in the latest movies.