main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** Movie Night January 19, 2002 -- Middle Earth Fan Day! ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Dec 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Ok - doing a count for reservations at the Pickle Barrel...
    I'm getting close to 20, including the folks from the LotR lineparty. Anybody else coming along?

2. TomServo

TomServo Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2000
    It is with great relish (how fitting, since we're going to the Large Wooden Container of Pickled Cucumbers, and cucumbers make relish!) that I get to say this.

This.

Wasn't that exciting? The kind of thing you've waited your entire life to hear/read/see/and stuff? Yeah, I thought so. Imagine if you were me and typed that! Try it sometime. Here, I'll do it.

That.

WHOA! MAN! What a rush! Tell 'em, Hawk! It was not the kind of rush that you experience while shopping for a Spank Me Because I'm Naughty Madonna doll or whatever is hot during this particular Christmas rush, but rather the kind of rush you get when you're in a rather harried state. And not a regular state, like New Hampshire or Wisconsin (watch out for Wisconsin, kids. They're all crazy cuckoo there, with their cheese and their bays of some colour close to indigo, but not the bookstore which is owned by evil capitalist bastards, but rather the shade) or something. I mean the kind of state where nothing makes sense and things are backwards and frontwards and all kinds of other wards, but not the kind of wards that you'd find in a hospital or in a tomb of some elven king that you and your party are raiding because there's a really really really cool sword with 1337 badguy hurting skillz in it, but the kind of wards that are preceded by the words "front" or "back".

Thanks, Hawk. Go back to being yourself, and wash that makeup off, you freak. Back to the post.

I will be at Lord of the Rings on Saturday.

This is due to my moving to Toronto (well, East York) this past December.

Yay! Go me! *mashes a potato*

I look forward to seeing people from the line that I haven't seen in a while, except for Cris and Sandwich, not because I'm not looking forward to seeing them, but that I've seen them recently, as in this past Sunday, when we played Turd Edition D&D and I was an elf paladin that didn't say much and had a suspiciously deep voice for a chick in a metal dress yet was kind enough to go help the wounded fictional people whose city was under fictional siege from a fictional force of fictional drow (which are naughty elves with black skin, nope the creators of D&D weren't racist, it was all Bob Salvatore's doing, him and his nigh-unpronounceable last name), humans, demons, and undead (which are like zombies and ghosts and other things who don't have enough sense to stop and lay down and be good and rot and stuff after they've croaked) and other assorted nasty things which who want into this place for some reason that Sandwich isn't telling us but I'm certain has SOMETHING to do with cheese (there's Wisconsin again, I told you those guys were crazy, with their football teams named after 80's video game characters and their cameos in Kevin Smith movies and whatnot) or at least cookies, because cookies make the world go round, not money, because who ever heard of anyone eating money (except for those old guys with one tooth you see in ancient movies about California or the Klondike who bite every shiny coin they're presented with because they think the Good Guy - who is CLEARLY good because his name is listed first before the title of the movie they're in - might possibly be cheating them out of something by passing off a fake gold coin during a time which you couldn't walk outside without tripping over gold or having nasty squirrels throw gold at you, and believe me, squirrels have great throwing arms because one squirrel once hit me in the head with a chestnut that he was eating while perched in the chestnut tree that used to grow in my mother's front yard), and that's crazy (almost Wisconsin crazy) because money is better spent or saved than eaten, unless you're some single-toothed old hermit guy in 1849 California who thinks the main character of the movie you're in is trying to cheat you out of a glass of bad beer in a dirty glass (how is it that old-school bad guys in Westerns thought that drinking out of a dirty glass made them tough? I think it would just lead them to being sick or something because a lot of people back then had diseases t

3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    My head hurts

4. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Yeah, okay... I was looking forward to seeing you again, but after reading that I'm not sure anymore....

David watch movie...

5. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    But I digress.... :)

6. KingBob

KingBob Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2000
    for goodness sake tragic, keep your clothes on

7. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Just got off the phone with the Pickle Barrel. This is a refrain I'm getting used to when trying to plan dinner outings for us... "No reservations Fri, Sat, Sun."

I've just asked the same question of the LotR line party - do we want to try the Pickle Barrel anyways, or look for some other place in the area that would seat over 25 of us and willingly take our reservation?

8. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm really not sure, I'm inclined to suggest that we just go somewhere on the day of, deciding it then.

9. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    I'd go for Pickle Barrel. There's not too much in the area anymore that's sit-down (I'll assume that's what we're looking for, since fast food doesn't take reservations). I'll suggest Moe's as a day-of alternative, but that may be too pricey.

Cris~

10. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Pickle Barrel it is, then. Shouldn't be that hard to get a half dozen tables...

11. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, Tara and I will have to opt out of going to the movie itself but do have an interest in joining you all for the dinner afterwards.

So I estimate about 7:15, but where to meet? In the lobby of the Silvercity??

12. TomServo

TomServo Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2000
    Well... don't I feel silly.

After all that, that long post that has had people doubting my sanity (and if you know me, you passed doubt a long time ago)... I can't make it.

Why?

Well, money, for one. I ain't got much. Being out of work and living in a new city will do that to a person.

The other thing?

Well, I'm currently sitting on a T1 line that has nobody else on it... just me and this HUGE BANDWIDTH.

Have fun at the movie! ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.