main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MS Update for the Week Ending January 28, 2004

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Katya Jade, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Ignant:

One, it's a statement of fact--some people on these boards are in middle school.

Two, how is "I teach middle school" more rude and condescending than "this isn't third grade"?

Are you saying that I should not be allowed to defend myself when I am being attacked?

2. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    You forgot to analyse this part:

"and many others act like they are. "

No, I'm not saying you can't defend yourself. I'm saying there are ways to do it, and ways not to do it. For example, it's not okay for you to complain about people being rude and then suggest "many act like they are [in middle school]". It is okay for you to say, "I appreciate the commentary, DOT, your input into the discussion is proving invaluable. But let's put it on the back burner for now. My real issue is how I sometimes perceive you as a little caustic for my own taste"

See, with the first, you seem like a hypocrit, in which case you'll never win an argument. After all, of you yourself don;t stick to your rules, why should anyone else do as you request. It weakens the argument tremendously.

Hope this helps! :)

3. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Fair enough--point conceded. I'll rephrase.

I admit I need to practice what I preach, and after dealing with middle school children all day long, it's not always easy--but I also know I'm not the only one who has an outside life.

My real issue is how I sometimes perceive you as a little caustic for my own taste.

I haven't been on too many threads with you I don't think, so I'll say, you but definitely not just you. I feel like some folks here are insensitive to other people's feelings.

I can be a ***** (ask any of my friends), but I'll always apologize when I know I've hurt someone's feelings as well.

4. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Lets get the subject off anakin_girl and her methods of argument and back onto the update please.

5. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Kate rocks at updates. She should have to do all of them.

6. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Kate rocks at updates. She should have to do all of them.

Compliment or threat? Hmmm...

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    A little of column A, and a little of column B.

8. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Compliment or threat? Hmmm...

Oh, I think you know the answer.

And before Gandolf the Raven has the chance to say it

"let's get this discussion back on topic or it's the end of you both"

9. Vader Fett

Vader Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    Interpretation being the key phrase in your lack of rebuttal...

make sense plz.

10. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I think he means: "understanding being the key phrase in your lack of denial." ;) 8-}

11. Vader Fett

Vader Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    go play in the mine field.

12. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Vader Fett: "go play in the mine field."

What? :confused: You asked, so I answered ;) 8-}

13. eaglejedi

eaglejedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 2, 2001
    Mmm... it's amusing how those who claim to be just joking about their false sigs, commit so many TOS violations right in this thread, from outright flames of their opponents (the comment about the Academy, the "whiner"/"get a life"/"high school is over" posts), to flaming JC users not present/aware of this thread (PH's master), to openly baiting members of the groups they hate (Falcon), trying to make things get uglier. Just because you consider someone a "whiner" doesn't give you the right to flame them. It's even more amusing how none of these offenses were noticed or dealt with by the moderators.

For your information, people belong to, and define themselves by, social groups and cliques long after they get out of high school- until they die, in fact. Political parties, Men's Groups, Ladies' Sewing Circles, exclusive dining/entertainment clubs, environmental groups, gun rights groups, martial arts studios, corporations, labor unions, trade associations, fraternities, sororities, secret societies, "the guys" who drink beer, watch football and/or play cards together- how are these any different?

HookLineAndSinker: Ewan-Kenobi is trailer trash? :eek: I am scandalized! And I thought him wise! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.