main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC MUST WATCH VIDEO!!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by joe-da, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    I dont know about you guys, but twins are a rare thing in my family. Heck, I dont really know if we HAVE any.

2. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Twins are actually quite common in mine... then again that could explain my strange attraction to twins... Mary Kate & Ashley are how old now? Damn... still too young...

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

3. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Twins be common in mine too..

Oh, and Lodreh, only "too young" in your mind. You must unlearn....whoops!

4. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Aren't they legal in like May?

5. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    But this is like March.... The courts don't say Hane's until they say Hane's, just like Inspector 5 or whomever that gruff-acting woman in the old commercials was called.

6. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    May... I can wait :D

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

7. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Keep taking your vitamins until then.

8. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    You mean after may we can look at them and not feel ashamed? :)

9. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    That's the plan ;)

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

10. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    /does a Homer woohoo

11. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    you're all dirty old men!!!

12. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    /does his best Han Solo impression

Hey, who're you callin old???

13. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    But I'm only 24... /weeps at being called old. :_|

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

14. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Well... YOU might be old. I'm not. :)

15. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    ok, well, since you are only my age, lodreh, I guess you are not old...

16. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    By the by, about the upcoming filming, I want to run something by the other StageFrightz affiliates at our Friday meeting (DAWN (yah!) of The Dead)...

As I spend more and more time on the movie stuff, I wonder if we shouldn't (1) just film the short stories and compile them in a Creepshow type format to begin.... or should we (2) jump into full-blown regular movie???

Just want to ask. Either's groovy wit' me.

Advantage to (1) quicker, easier, more seductive... less time wrapped up, better for scheduling (supposedly)

Disadvantage to (1) - putting a groovy longer movie on hold (though just on hold, so it's not really that bad of a thing)

Advantage to (2) - Hey, we made a long (sort of) movie! We can say, hey, we made a long (sort of) movie!
    More chance for characters to develop..

Disadvantage to (2) - scheduling? (maybe?) - thought it shouldn't really be that much of a problem, and I work fairly quickly... also, picking one of the films - and if this is the only one we get to make, did we pick the right one? Also, I keep fiddling with the scripts and changing stuff. Why can't I leave well enough alone? WHY? WHY???? Answer me this!!

Result: Beats the foof out of me... It's late. Me tired. Me writing...

I'll just sort of brief everyone on what's what and where's where at this point, & have some stuff to show...

17. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Whatever you like. I'm just along for the ride.

18. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Ditto, here. :)

19. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Probably better than running through a ream of paper for printing scripts for everyone, I may just, for the nonce, e-mail them to those who request Friday eve.

I can already hear, "Wampa, where did all the paper go? You're the one with the best printer." Me, "I was sick that day - honest.."

20. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Well, you can also verbally fill us in for alot.

21. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    will do...

22. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Cool. See you tonight!

23. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Update: After the chat following Dawn of the Dead, in am modifying movie plans. The 7 Stones story will be one of the short films in the "Creepshow"-esque collection.

I'm finishing up developing "the" movie.

I'd like to do the other we discussed, with the 2 buddies dating the girls - one with the good father, one with the evil - but I don't know if I'd be able to find actors for the fathers....

When I get my crap together (soon) - all will be revealed...

24. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    M'scuzi! I meant "Snipe Hunt" as the one taken to the "short films in a movie" format... It works well on its own, and the 7 Stones arc works without it, as long as I devise another ingenious way for a character to free the "thing." With the snipe hunt, a practical joke unleashes the horror... Now, maybe shaving a dog will or something. Mesa think of something... The rest is good to go, though, minus a little tweaking of dialogue here & there...

I was working on getting some more stuff done tonight... Closer to fruition, ever closer...

The delay? Heh! It IS a better project than it was in the beginning, so maybe the delay is groovy..

Oh, and I've played around with Lodreh's "flashback" suggestion... I've dabbled, we'll see.. That revelation is what sparked the idea of making "Snipe Hunt" separate from the 7 Stones of Hillplains storyline.

25. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Sounds cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.