main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mustafar catwalk (Work in Progress)

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by Kchr1ss, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Yeah the jumper is just to setup if you want to tell your computer if the disk drive is a slave or a master, or cable select which is where it'll say if it's slave or master by which port on the ribbon it is connected to, master is at the end of the ribbon, slave is the one below. And I believe that the blue IDE connector on the motherboard is the right connector (I could be wrong, I haven't built a computer for several years). The audio cable is only for some applications that might need it, it would just go from your CD drive to your audio card.

Building a computer is pretty fun, except for the cables from the front of the computer case for like the power button or any ports that you have-I hate those little things, they're like impossible to stick in the right place.

2. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    Those updates are looking awesome. Great work.

3. Kchr1ss

Kchr1ss Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2005
    Thanks, Pixelmagic

and guys I think I did :). I am so happy, i didnt believe i can actually put it all together, at some point i was loosing hope even, so many wires etc, but actually it turns out to be quite easy as most people say. Anyways its atm formatting, next i will install xp pro and the rest software, and then i can get back to work.

4. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Wow. That model is coming along extremely well and the detail is awesome! Keep up the good work. :D

5. morpher-2005

morpher-2005 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2005
    Wow! I skimmed through this thread and I must say there is some realy good work here!

6. Kchr1ss

Mar 24, 2005
    Antenna, also protecting from electro magnetic storms. Not complete yet.
    I also worked a little bit on the collector arm base body, made a lot of windows etc. Soon update!

[image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g296/Lookfilms/Antenna_2fix.jpg]

And guys, you are not going to believe it but i think my motherboard got fried!!!! just after i plugged in audio cable, either the fault of the audio ports or I caused some circuit with the case, i didnt screw it against the side of the case tho, i dont know yet, but i did send it for replacement, i hope newegg replaces it. Lucky me :cool:.

7. jfx

jfx Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2006
    Nice, but easy on the fog. The fog makes it hard for us to see the actual model.

8. Kchr1ss

Mar 24, 2005
    yeah,i know it kills small details a lot, but eventually it would be anyways in background, DOF and motion blurred.

9. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2004
    Yeah i agree the fog kills the antenaa (sp?).

10. Kchr1ss

Mar 24, 2005
    ok guys next time I promise I'll post both gray and colourful preview ;) , tho i personaly like it the way it is right now, the fog could be more lower, probably its my monitor colour/contrast, i have right now 3 different monitors, and all of them show it differently, in one its more purple, in another its more yelloish, and the one i worked on it seems fine.

11. Kchr1ss

Mar 24, 2005
    Here it is:

[image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g296/Lookfilms/Antenna_3.jpg]

EDIT: I think i named it wrong, its not like antenna if you think about TV XD. More of a communication tower etc between the mining centers.
    Anyways its halfway modeled. Needs top and bottom.

12. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    Oh, its an antenna. Whats the TV reception like on one of those things.

13. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    What happened to your computer? Did it actually smoke? Or is it just not booting up? How do you have the motherboard in the case? If it's just sitting inside--then don't do that! The plate inside the case is made of metal, and the back of the motherboard has all kinds of wire points showing, if they touch the metal of the back of the case then it could recircuit the motherboard and cause serious problems. When you install your motherboard, it should have some small copper colored pieces that scew into the right spots one side is a screw and the other is a hole for a screw, you screw those into the right spots in the case, then put the motherboard on top and take some regular screws and secure it on those copper pieces. That keeps the motherboard slightly elevated from the back so it doesn't cause problems.

Anyways, that was my little computer building tip. And your model looks really cool.

14. jfx

May 16, 2006
    Now I can see the great detail...

15. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    Very nice detail. Fantastic work.

16. takhs7

takhs7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2005
    NICE!!!=D=

17. jfx

May 16, 2006
    Bump!

18. Kchr1ss

Mar 24, 2005
    Back, i had to go new york for a week.

I just got my new motherboard.

I did littlebit changes on the top of the base, its now more like it appears in movie tho its different imo in different angles, seems like they had different parts of it in layers and so they are slightly differently located, messy if you would follow whole fight shot by shot carefully.

Heres the last version:

[image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g296/Lookfilms/Operations_control_5.jpg]

Heres the new:

[image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g296/Lookfilms/Operation_control_20.jpg]

I'm trying to get the scale of all it look proper.

19. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2004
    Wow!!! That looks amazing man keep up the good work.

20. Darth_Maya

Darth_Maya Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2006
    Wow! Looking great! Man this is going to look awesome when its done.

21. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    I like lighting and textured added to renders but that last one is way too dark to make out much. Sometimes a white background helps too.

22. Kchr1ss

Mar 24, 2005
    Yeah i sometimes do on white background.
    Guys i should have there a lot of lights and lit windows :). Any advice on that how to keep render times slower? I tried using omni lights and a light shader on the windows(The main body of the base isnt much seen in that last render, but there are a lot of windows on each level, not all but some of them are lit. Thats not yet too much, but also a lot of small lights on the collector arm beginning all the way, and on the platforms. So in total it would reach 100 lights or so XD...lights are bad against render times you know but maybe its not that bad.

23. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    When we do lights on Coruscant buildings or large craft it's always textures maps with glow or something on them. Don't use "real" lights.

24. Kchr1ss

Mar 24, 2005
    Another terrain try.

I think its a lot better than my last method, and alot cleaner modeling too. I got my pc finnaly running and spent couple days loading up all the software and then I tested various ways to model the terrain. Its still tricky to add lava rivers to there. I might have to keep tiny rivers as just textures and bigger ones from realflow.

Theres something wrong with the the rivers here, but i think the rock looks fine.

I had to upload to save, it was too big image :cool:. It maybe too dark, its night, looks fine in my lcd(default settings) and its better if you choose from the windows previewer the slide show option which screens it fullscreen.

http://www.savefile.com/files/9044627

And onething, its something 500 000 faces and little more. All together, too dark to tell the shapes maybe for someof you but it has to be dark, its night.

25. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    I took it into a paint app and had to adjust the brightness/contrast to see it. I think even in the movie it's not that dark. I can't see it on monitor. And if you ever animate this things usually get darker with compression too. Take that into account. 1/2 million polys. It looks really detailed. What did you use to do it.. what software.. what modelling tools?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.