main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My budget-friendly Revan cosplay (Made under $400-$500)

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by ScorpionJedi, May 12, 2019.

1. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    [​IMG]
    I basically followed the directions here from the 501st regarding on how to build the costume and swapped stuff out with budget friendly options. https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_revan

The armour is EVA foam in different thicknesses ranging from about 2-10 mm. The smaller end of that spectrum was used for the mask, straps for the belt ring, gauntlets, armour detailing, and the upper abdomen.

The lower abdomen used foam in the middle of that range so about 6 mm. And the chest and back was about 10 mm. The overall prices vary depending on source and location.

Fabric I used was pleather for the abs to which I glued over the 2 mm foam, and the sash and shoulder fabric was stuff I found at the fabric store which I think was about $5/m. Boots and gloves came from my Kylo Ren cosplay which were Funtasma boots and the gloves from Xcoser. And the Hakama I got from Wish and metal rings I found at the dollar store were used with key chains and card rings.

The cloak I got was sheer luck. I found someone who commissioned me a cloak at a low price out of linen material for $30. I could not believe it.

The Lightsaber is a Dark Sentinel v4 from Ultrasabers. It's a plain old stuntsaber in Blazing Red. I went to town on it with some sandpaper to give it that battle worn look.

2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    As someone who is perpetually broke, I can fully appreciate the struggles involved in Creating Something Awesome While Saving A Buck.

ScorpionJedi likes this.
  3. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Thank you!